Deeluxe INDY Thermo Fit *SOLVED*

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

luomu
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by luomu » Wednesday 6 January 2010, 21:09

I have those red 'full thermo fit heel and tongue' inners, but as they already fit my feet really nicely,I've never even thought of cooking them.. And as they looked different from what I thought the thermo liners should look like, I thought the 'full thermo fit' text was just for marketing purposes.
So, you guys have actually thermo fitted them and it works?
Wonder if there's any use of putting them in the oven after some .. err.. 5 years of use.. :roll:

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Tuesday 12 January 2010, 22:37

Actually I've let them just stock... I'd like to fit them more but I've read somewhere that full thermo fit is far more likely to autoadapt itself than to be adapted with increasing the temperature... So by now, no, tull thermo fit heel and tongua ARE NOT HEAT MOLDABLE :-(

I'm still searching here and there and if I'll find any further info in this topic I will definately place it here :-)

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 26 January 2010, 15:32

Here is interesting e-mail between one russian carver and Deeluxe customer service :-)
Dear Gregor!

Take the liner out of the shell.
Remove the footbed.
Heat the liner at about 80°C for ten minutes.
After the heating, put the footbed in to the liner and this in to the shell.
Step in to the boot and close the buckle and wait about for ten minutes.
Ready!

Nice greets from Kufstein

Alexandra Edlinger
Jr. Product Manager

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Customer Service [mailto:info@deeluxe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. August 2007 08:39
An: ’Alexandra Edlinger’
Betreff: WG: Q about Semi ThermoFit

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gregory Krasov [mailto:gregor_k@mail.ru]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. August 2007 20:20
An: info@deeluxe.com
Betreff: Q about Semi ThermoFit

Hi, All!
I’ve got 05-06 Suzuka with Semi ThermoFit liner
As I know, in this liner there are some areas, which can change form
according to my feet.
But I don’t get clearly should I heat boots for this like in case with
ThermoFlex or heat from the body is enough?

From Russia with love
Gregor
i`m learning

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Thursday 28 January 2010, 23:18

I'll try to try this!!!

But I'm convincing my wife that the oven will still be usable for food...

8)

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Saturday 30 January 2010, 20:34

Hello all,

I must say that I feel a bit jealous... Everybody there after wonderful EC day surely laughing much and tasting dinner in a great atmosphere... But next Year - I will come :-)

Anyway, I've just made my liners more comfortable. I've put them into the oven set to 80 Celsius degrees for 14 minutes. I don't know why for 14, but it is just what I have done. The oven was set to heat just the bottom wall and to circulate the air inside. It has been already heat to the right temperature before. After these 14 minutes I've carefully placed the warm liners inside the shells, put them on my feet combined with my snowboard socks and fastened the boots, and step into the bindings on my snowboard. I've found the position in which I usually go straight line and froze for about 15 minutes.

I don't know what happened, yet. Tomorrow, 31st of January I will try the liners on the slope so You will get the exact info on it.

My feelings right now are:

Heel and tongue have become puffy and soft after heating but they hardened during the cooling process. Just as I was predicting before.

Trying them just before the heating, there was the same problem as on the slope before (with the stock - not molded liners). So again just as it was during the first day of using the stock liners, my heel was traveling up and down a bit and my shin bone was hurting too.

After whole the process and cooling down, walking half an hour and stepping into the boots again, heel seems to be hold in place and shin bone feeling is much softer. So it feels better. But I have a feeling that the whole liner travels up and down a bit... But this is far easier to fix if it really happens...

I know that these feelings can be a bit colored because I am a bit excited, so I will write the full description after tomorrow carving session.

And after all my wife still loves me and I don't have to buy a new oven;-) But I had to buy some flowers and say her nice things for about a week :-)

CU tomorrow...

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Sunday 31 January 2010, 15:47

Hi there,

After wonderful carving morning I must say that I can truly confirm that baking thermofit heel and tongue liners made them very comfortable.

I can't feel my heel traveling anymore, and my shin bone feels just right.

So dear friends, I can tag the topic SOLVED as we know enough to help people with these liners to mold them.

Thank You for Your input :-)

Dida
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dida » Sunday 31 January 2010, 16:06

Nice to know.
I think this is the first information on the internet, about baking these liners, ever.
Thanks. I'll try that!
Swoard 175 M

Other boards: F2 Spee... who cares anyway?!?

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Sunday 31 January 2010, 16:12

:-) Dida, that's exactly why I have placed this topic here :-) I'm really happy that it is helpful :-)