Hardboots for girls

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

snowflake
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hardboots for girls

Post by snowflake » Sunday 18 October 2009, 22:06

Hello,

'm new here, so first some information to me.

I am 26 years old Carver-girl and since I'm ten years old, I ride snowboard.

But my boots are now eight years old. Therefore, I´m looking for new boots. As far as I know, there are no special shoes for women. Can someone give me a hint, what shoes are especially suitable for small feet (size 38 )? I tried the DeeLuxe Alpin Track 325 and I was quite satisfied. What do you think of the virus UPZ RC 10?

I hope someone can help me.
Snowflake

hotfrontside
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by hotfrontside » Monday 19 October 2009, 11:28

as you have small feet, you can easily use Deelux boots, if they fit well. The UPZ has a very short sole, almost 2cm less than the Deelux (if same size..). When you have big feet, as men have, this is an advantage on narrow boards ,but for you this would not be necessary ,on the contrary, you might even have trouble with your binding with such a short bootsole. In the UPZ the heelposition is a bit higher than in the Deelux. The UPZ is wide and comfortable at the forefoot .The UPZ is generally a bit hard to get in. The UPZ is unusually high on the backside ( I had to make it lower by cutting off a bit of the plastic) .Generally ,the Deelux feels more "normal" to wear and is cheaper .The advantage of short sole seems not important to me as you have small feet....well, the UPZ looks good and this is maybe very motivating for a lady. I think you will get some more opinions...

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Thursday 22 October 2009, 8:59

Hi snowflake

There are nowadays no more hardboot-shell designed for women.
DeeLuxe offers the Track 225 for women. They have Track 225 with standard liners coming in womens sizing.
Ask Your local DeeLuxe dealer for it.

See also this summary-thread (on the bottom of first article):
Hardboots 2008/2009 - some impressions

Flex from Track 225 like I described on summary-thread, was with a stiffer Thermoflex-liner. Womens Track 225 is comming with the softer standard liner and with the softest available tongue, its very soft. So forward-flex at room temperature (range 1-5) is about 1 or 2.

But keep care about the quality of the liners. They are no more Made in Switzerland since Years. I found brandnew DeeLuxe standard liners (Made in China) with opened seams around heel section. Check it before You buy them and before warranty runs out.
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

snowflake
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snowflake » Thursday 22 October 2009, 19:07

Hello,

thanks a lot for your hints and information :D

I think I have to try some boots to find out what is the best for me. I want to inform you about my decision and experience I will make.
Snowflake

erik
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by erik » Thursday 22 October 2009, 20:05

If you have chozen, come to Zinal at ECS you can show us how good they are :wink:
Swoard 2D 168H #13, f2 race titanium, raichle AF600 ACSS, Northwave .900

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Thursday 22 October 2009, 21:36

Consider also Head Stratos. They have a tight and warm liner, nice for girl feet.
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Friday 23 October 2009, 9:51

erik wrote:If you have chozen, come to Zinal at ECS you can show us how good they are :wink:
You are not interested in boots :-)
i`m learning