Wide EC boards never ending topic

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Wide EC boards never ending topic

Post by nils » Thursday 25 October 2007, 10:36

we are launching a new board 18cm wide called the glad Iator.. its using lonzy fiber made in bamboo kevlar :) that looks hype :)

:D

You will know in 2008 what it is about... if someone wants to start a poll on what the board can be ;) it can be fun but we will not answer :)

Nils

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: hehe yes :)

Post by Hans » Thursday 25 October 2007, 11:28

nils wrote:we are launching a new board 18cm wide called the glad Iator.. its using lonzy fiber made in bamboo kevlar :) that looks hype :)

You will know in 2008 what it is about... if someone wants to start a poll on what the board can be ;) it can be fun but we will not answer :)
It will be a deep snow board for sure. It will be as Glad as an Iator :naughty:

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Thursday 25 October 2007, 11:40

nils wrote:we are launching a new board 18cm wide called the glad Iator.. its using lonzy fiber made in bamboo kevlar :) ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: joke of the jear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fantastic. I did not laugh as much for a long time as here.
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

VIRUS 1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by VIRUS 1 » Thursday 25 October 2007, 12:00

nils wrote:we are launching a new board 18cm wide called the glad Iator.. its using lonzy fiber made in bamboo kevlar :) that looks hype :)

Nice joke from a poor carver! Try to carve on your wide, worlds best, pure swissmade board before you try the narrow!
I think the narrow don´t work! ( You are trying to press that in every of your customers brain!!!)
I think you should call it "extreme posing board"!
Are five pairs of gloves and three pants included for the first two day of carving! I have not one rider seen on your boards riding EXTREME in a normal crowded ski area!
You and your friends P. and J. name other people liers who wanted to help you to come into buisiness and try to stop their buisiness because your greatest fear is to compete against them!
But you will see quality and performance will win!
Not a nice homepage with a poor funny video made on a hill with a perfect wide decent slope where my grandma can carve!
Shut up and ride!

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hello

Post by nils » Thursday 25 October 2007, 12:14

hello V1 nice to see you back with your nice sense of humor..

It was just a joke...nothing more... it shows that we can have 2d degree laughs too instead of complaining about the past...

I was just trying to explain to tomm why we chose to make wide boards...
It does not mean that narrow boards do not work ( otherwise no one would ride them )...If you want even more incredible news: I rode a gladiator zylon and believe it or not i liked it! It was the best narrow board i had ever ridden.... smooth ride, very nice grip, impressive damp etc..

Now we are not starting a narrow vs wide war because we do not believe wide boards are the best for everything.... they are the best for EC this we know, and the easiest to ride... hardcore riders prefer narrow boards: its good for them! I am too old and want to cruize, J and P are also too old for hardcore riding :)

Cool down and have faith because narrow and wide can live together !

N

PS: See also viewtopic.php?p=31324#31324
in another thread

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 25 October 2007, 12:27

VIRUS 1 wrote:a poor funny video made on a hill with a perfect wide decent slope where my grandma can carve!
He must be talking about the black slope Barthélémy in Zinal, that all the participants to the ECS love and say it's crazy. :D

OK bye all, I leave right now: I have my flight to Florence (Italy) to get an award for the poor funny video ;-) at the DigiFestival.

Patrice Fivat

sorro
Swoard team
Swoard team

yeah baby yeah

Post by sorro » Thursday 25 October 2007, 12:51

I like when debates come to the point to know who has the biggest... This is nice argument.. Oh yes it is ;-)

You will certainly tell that I'm a brainless stupid customer believing what I'm told here... but at least for the others.

I agree narrow vs wide is not the point, and to go in Nils direction ( argh difficult for someone from Grenoble to tell that to someone from Lyon... Ok just joking :lol: ) :
- yes we can EC with narrow boards, I saw it myself: I have friends who were doing it on race boards and the Nils's word seems correct to me: hardcore... nice to see but very aggressice style, women and children wer afraid when they were around :twisted: . But actually this is those guys that gave me the virus (maybe not the correct word here :wink: ). But now all those guys, are now back to ski, why: back hurts due to the twisted position.
- yes wide board more suitable to EC, I experienced it myself, I had narrow boards, and was able to lay Front side on it, for Back side,it was not the case... sure I was certainly not as good as you are. But few months (even few weeks) after I had the swoard, I was able to EC, front side and back side, this is great feeling. Now I'm still trying to improve my style, I have still huge progress to do. But I can see progress and that is great also. It was not longer the case on narrow board. And to complete the history with my hardcore friends: they are still wondering how it is possible I'm still snowboarding without hurt in my back. Each time I see them, they are saying: 'not yet on the ski?...' and I answer them: "yes but only when I'm with my 4 years old son..."

Only my 2 cents, the testimony of a poor carver because we are not all as good as you are.

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Thursday 25 October 2007, 12:58

@ I'm sure you should be up to it to carve down La Corne or Barthélémy with proper GS board or even SuperG snowboard with say 19-25m Radius. I'm sure we will treat you with utter respect after witnessing your descent if you make it down without skidding or taking out speed. Don't be fooled to think it's difficult, we're just not up to it with our tiny radius boards of 13-14m. Those boards are for your grandma you're right. Help us learn snowboarding like you learned your granny.

Whatever, Some Virus riders seem to need Zylon Penis enlargements by Frank anyhow so what to expect from them? Why doesn't Frank produce any decent video showing decent carving?
Swoard 3D - 168M
http://Openmtbmap.org - get the most popular maps for Mountainbiking in Europe...

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

please everyone>

Post by nils » Thursday 25 October 2007, 13:22

no flame wars or who has the biggest.... who hates this or that etc...it is not usefull in any ways....
Its better to stick to facts and ignore hate when it comes than add gasoline on the flames.... thnx

Nils

ps: i will moderate things if needed!

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Blitz » Thursday 25 October 2007, 14:28

VIRUS 1 wrote:Not a nice homepage with a poor funny video made on a hill with a perfect wide decent slope where my grandma can carve!
Tell me where your Grandma usualy riding, because I'm looking for best spots to increase my carving's level...
 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

Silber

Post by Silber » Thursday 25 October 2007, 16:31

I am getting confused here... if wide is so bad and EC sucks, why is Virus producing & selling to its customers 2 models of Extreme Carving boards ???

Plus, probably 90% of people riding EC boards own ALSO a race board.

REALITY: THERE IS NO ISSUE HERE...JUST 2 GOOD COMPANIES PRODUCING GOOD BOARDS. THANKS!!

But now, please, just ship me my new Swoard!!!
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Thursday 25 October 2007, 16:32

Felix wrote:@ I'm sure you should be up to it to carve down La Corne or Barthélémy with proper GS board or even SuperG snowboard with say 19-25m Radius. I'm sure we will treat you with utter respect after witnessing your descent if you make it down without skidding or taking out speed. Don't be fooled to think it's difficult, we're just not up to it with our tiny radius boards of 13-14m. Those boards are for your grandma you're right. Help us learn snowboarding like you learned your granny.

Whatever, Some Virus riders seem to need Zylon Penis enlargements by Frank anyhow so what to expect from them? Why doesn't Frank produce any decent video showing decent carving?
Heh Felix, you are one funny guy.
Always hard into others and always wining about reactions. Hold on, dude :twisted:

skywalker
free extreme carving

eaglefly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by eaglefly » Thursday 25 October 2007, 18:48

I'm wondering what kind a loosy funny stuff I should write that on the back on my helmet next season... Grandma can't carve?? poor rider in action?? guess what size I like???
:silly:
I can't do EC on the Barthelemy or La Corne ....just can't wait to get older and be a grandma :tongue:
* * * "Carve diem, that's it " * * *

VIRUS 1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by VIRUS 1 » Friday 26 October 2007, 11:06

Silber wrote:I am getting confused here... if wide is so bad and EC sucks, why is Virus producing & selling to its customers 2 models of Extreme Carving boards ???

Plus, probably 90% of people riding EC boards own ALSO a race board.

REALITY: THERE IS NO ISSUE HERE...JUST 2 GOOD COMPANIES PRODUCING GOOD BOARDS. THANKS!!

But now, please, just ship me my new Swoard!!!
Nobody said wide sucks, its a totally different style of riding!
Virus wants to offer his customers boards that are custommade to the riders weight in a class A construction (carbon/kevlar composite with full ash woodcore) The knowledge of building EC boards and knowledge about building prototypes is out of question! The EC technique is also not a secret. So why should be the Virus not as good or better than the new Swoard. Nidecker boards are well known for weak construction in the past, only the future will show if its as good like praised from P.J.N.!
Please always remember the boards are not killed by the good rider they are killed by the unskilled and beginners!
The Virus is not a copy!!!! its different to the 2D, its more versatile and gives much more edgegrip and dampening!
Why should the Swoard only be copied if you have all that knowledge and experience, it wouldn´t make sense!
Riding the Extreme on a slope like the Barth..... in Zinal is not a big problem for a skilled rider.
Yes it´s steep and its a black slope. But it´s wide and perfect groomed!
For a skilled rider its definetly not a problem.
Push-Pull, and if you use the width of the slope, gravity will make the rest to go deep and handling the speed over the radius of the turns is also not a problem.
It becomes more difficult if you have e few people around.
I would prefer a test of both boards is the easiest and fairest way to give customers a chance to get the best for their money!
If the new Swoard is a good and durable the announced it should be not a problem to have a test together!
Shut up and ride!

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Friday 26 October 2007, 11:26

VIRUS 1 wrote:Nobody said wide sucks, its a totally different style of riding!
Virus wants to offer his customers boards that are custommade to the riders weight in a class A construction (carbon/kevlar composite with full ash woodcore) The knowledge of building EC boards and knowledge about building prototypes is out of question! The EC technique is also not a secret. So why should be the Virus not as good or better than the new Swoard. Nidecker boards are well known for weak construction in the past, only the future will show if its as good like praised from P.J.N.!
Please always remember the boards are not killed by the good rider they are killed by the unskilled and beginners!
The Virus is not a copy!!!! its different to the 2D, its more versatile and gives much more edgegrip and dampening!
Why should the Swoard only be copied if you have all that knowledge and experience, it wouldn´t make sense!
Riding the Extreme on a slope like the Barth..... in Zinal is not a big problem for a skilled rider.
Yes it´s steep and its a black slope. But it´s wide and perfect groomed!
For a skilled rider its definetly not a problem.
Push-Pull, and if you use the width of the slope, gravity will make the rest to go deep and handling the speed over the radius of the turns is also not a problem.
It becomes more difficult if you have e few people around.
I would prefer a test of both boards is the easiest and fairest way to give customers a chance to get the best for their money!
If the new Swoard is a good and durable the announced it should be not a problem to have a test together!
See:

viewtopic.php?t=1218

However, obviously with your id, it seems that you have a certain agenda and are more biased then necessary and it seems that you enjoy provoking people. Although such technique is an acceptable debating skill, several of your comments also show that you're perhaps more immature than majority of people in this community.

I've been reading some of your comments and it seems very obvious that you probably never ridden either swoard or virus extremecarver or more probably both. Your comment is hardly based on YOUR experience, whereas people such as cmachine contributed much more positively to the debate by ACTUALLY testing it.

And P & J never said that the new swoard is better than virus extremecarver.

Rather than whining in this forum, which is wasting everyone's time, why don't you head to the slope and enjoy the snow?