first time on swoard

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

ssteff
Rank 3
Rank 3

first time on swoard

Post by ssteff » Friday 8 January 2010, 9:26

hi,
I've been in Munich for 3 days, and have been able to test my new 168H. in Skiwelt Austria.
Although i'm 190 and 82, i've chosen a 168H and not the 175M.
I've measured my boots: they are 30.3, so things must fit.
I ride 55 50 angles.
The ride was excelent, i've made some fully(almost)laid backside turns after 2 hours riding. After minor boot adjustments, i was able to do frontsides too.
Compairing to my hot blast stiff 158 and blast 178: well the ride is very different. The swoard is very relaxed and can be ridden with a lot less effort then the hot-boards. It can carve a slower speeds. Unlike the blasts, you can ride it in powder like a normal snowboard.
Very nice ride. Ideal length for my style and knowledge.
I've mounted my F2 titaniums by hand. When I unmounted the bindings the left marks, about 1 mm deep in the topsheet.
This is a bit of a disappointement.
I hope the board will not break.
I'm thinking of selling my blasts and buying another 168 as back-up, but will wait to see what happens to the topsheet in Val thorens next week.
Greetings,
Stefaan H.
Belgium.
hot blast 178 TD2
hot blast 158 TD1
coiler RC 184 F2
swoard 168H F2

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Friday 8 January 2010, 9:35

I would not sell off my other boards so quickly. You might decide to sell either the 178 Blast or the Coiler RC because they are a bit the same in length and function. I would keep at least the SL board and one of the taller race boards. My 178 Blast is still a very fun board to ride, just totally different from the Swoard.

ssteff
Rank 3
Rank 3

update after 10 days val thorens

Post by ssteff » Wednesday 27 January 2010, 14:14

Hi,
Update:
Since it's a wide board I had to lower the angles to 50 43 degrees, otherwise it's too hard to board normally, your feet hurt. I wonder if it is because of "no-canting" or because of the with of the board. It is much more versatile than a race-board, and more forgiving. It goes well in powder, where a raceboard dives.
The nose didn't break, didn't even come close. The board goes well on the flats, but not extremely.
Great board.
Greetings,
Stef.
hot blast 178 TD2
hot blast 158 TD1
coiler RC 184 F2
swoard 168H F2