Hot Blast or F2 Speedster

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

akira
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hot Blast or F2 Speedster

Post by akira » Thursday 15 January 2004, 11:26

Hi all,

Currently I m ridding a Lacroix WZR2 Board. I d like to switch to a GS board with a sidecut radius around 12m. Swoard would be the best choice but it s too expensive for my student budget.

I came across two good opoortunities. A Hot blast of this year in 167 or a F2 speedster RS of this year in 168. Im 173cm and 65 kg. Which one would you recommend. I d like to try also EC. Width in not that a problem cause my shoes are 40.5 (european).

Also I heard that Blast has a sandwich core and F2 another technology. Could someone confirm ?

Thanks for your help.

Akira

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Saturday 17 January 2004, 17:26

never go for speedster rs 168 only 172 or 173. Don't know why. But the 168 hasn't got a good sidecut. Tested it myself and I could not find anybody happy with the 168 yet. HAve tried some blasts but didn't like them too much. Difference blast/f2 blast = wood only and f2 carbon and wood.

jeanma
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jeanma » Tuesday 3 February 2004, 15:44

For the F2 RS 1.68 it really depends on your shoe size ( for me it's 42 french S), your weight (77 kg). your height (1.79 m), like any other board. I have a RS 1.68 and I was really happy with it before I got my swoard 1.68 hard... I tried once a blast and I hated it. Very hard, not tolerant, needs a lot of strenght...I find the F2 easier to ride. That's for my experience.

akira
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by akira » Tuesday 3 February 2004, 16:28

Well, I went snowboarding last week-end with my brand new Blast 168. I don t really find it that hard. However it was a huge change from my old Lacroix 157 WZR2 (which is more a SL board).

I was very pleased with it. Of Course it a GS board, very small turns are not easy and narrow slopes are not very funny to ride. But when you reach a large, flat slope, things gets different. FS lay-down turns were easier than with my previous board (due to larger side cut radius). On the heelside I still don t know. I have problems to do it. I think it s because my shoes are touching the snow.

But Many people told me that the Blast from this year were not so hard than previous years. So if you tried a two years old Blast, you should not make up your mind with this experience. I m 173 cm tall for 65 kg.