ECS 2010, can we book already?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Wednesday 4 November 2009, 10:36

starikashka wrote:Schneewurm, are you joining this event?
Well, it depends on snow-conditions! If there is 350 cm of snow and the rest of Switzerland is at only 35 cm, that would be a must for me traveling to Zinal.

Yes it's great, if so many guests will join Switzerland for to go for Extreme-Carving in Zinal. You know in Switzerland we do whatever it takes to make your holiday perfect. (see picture 1 below!)

And Yes, there must be some good locations in Zinal for to ride on a snowboard. Some weeks ago on the printed magazine 30° / isue No. 28 / autumn 2009 ( http://www.30grad.ch / http://www.30degres.ch/ ) was a nice report with tips and hints for the perfect ridings in Zinal. (see picure 2 below).

One very astonishing thing was for me the 3. excellent possibility for to do carving like flat there in Zinal. It seems no one has writing about it before on the Swoard-forum. Watch the 3. picture! Wouldn't it be a good location for to ride there. The wall of Lake Moiry offers about 150 m of highness at a suitable steepness. O.k. thats some dozens meter less then the well known slopes, but I think that downhill would give me also some heartfull rides.

So, I hope I dind't wrote somethings about secret spots where the Swoard team is training their skill for to be brilliant on both well known carving slopes. And if it was secret, please dont't hit me, hit the 30° magazine!
Attachments
Zinal-freecarving.jpg
3. place to carve - The wall of Moiry
Zinal-freecarving.jpg (57.72 KiB) Viewed 10712 times
Zinal-freeriding.jpg
Zinal-freeriding.jpg (42.18 KiB) Viewed 10712 times
Switzerland-get-natural.jpg
We do whatever it takes to make your holiday perfect.
Switzerland-get-natural.jpg (47.36 KiB) Viewed 10712 times
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 4 November 2009, 12:41

:D Those pictures don't show enough to reveal where the best spots are and how to access them. ;-)

You are right, it is snowing less there (in the center of the Alps) than in some other areas. There are too many 4000m high mountains, blocking the clouds. The snow is falling more in the pre-Alps.
So it is a bad idea to come to my place. ;-) :twisted:

Patrice Fivat

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 4 November 2009, 19:05

Schneewurm wrote:
starikashka wrote:Schneewurm, are you joining this event?
Well,.....
Sorry, i`m stupid :-) say again one of proposed answers

a) yes
b) no
c) f**ck you!
d) i did not decided yet

I expect something like
Schneewurm wrote: a)
or
Schneewurm wrote: c)
whatever choise will be :-)
i`m learning

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Wednesday 4 November 2009, 21:14

Squeezing out a straight forward and short answer from Schneewurm is more difficult than doing a 720 with a GS board..... :wink:

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Wednesday 4 November 2009, 21:52

Sorry starikashka, but there are points in Your multiple-choice question which are not existent for to give it as an answer in our language.

@Patrice
Sure, but for to access them, I found (and can also handle) an oldfashion, but verry accurate "entry finder" at my home (see pic 1).

The pre-Alps? Ooh, You are talking from such fabulous places like them 10 miles beside lake of Geneva (see pic 2). Yes, there is e.g. an all black slope down from the peak of the mountain of about 500 meters of high - Yes black, but this should not mean it is as easy to carve like the black slope of Soelden Glaciers.
But at a price of Euro 19.50 a skiticket (or e.g. Euro 13.- for the day berore ECS 2010 starts) I think it's more a skiarea for non luxury- & prenium-board-carvers.

No Patrice I wouldn't steel Your lines, there is enough room in the Alpes for everybody. But for luxury- & prenium-board-carvers I strongly recommend battlefields like Soelden, Silvretta-Nova, Ischgl, Davos .... . These are in my opinion the best places to behave like a Berserker, Terminator, Undertaker, Executor and so on (and of course full German language compatible and also with a most professional rescue services).
Attachments
Pre-Alpes.jpg
Pre-Alpes.jpg (86.32 KiB) Viewed 12101 times
Secret-Spot-Entry-Finder.jpg
Secret-Spot-Entry-Finder.jpg (38.71 KiB) Viewed 12101 times
Gliding on Snowboards,

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 5 November 2009, 8:53

Schneewurm wrote:Sorry starikashka, but there are points in Your multiple-choice question which are not existent for to give it as an answer in our language.
Am i correctly understand you point "our language" - you stated that swiss people can`t say for sure what they want or what they are planning to do because of specifics of the language. Is it correct?

My multiple-choise answer provide variety of options - yes, no, i do not like your question, i do not know. I was very interested by your point, can you add to my answer few options using specific swiss language words so i will communicate to you using your language. As i know swiss people using german or french.
i`m learning

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Thursday 5 November 2009, 10:19

Allegra starikashka,
but beside German or French, there are also Italian and some different language of Rumantsch. The expression of choice c) I saw it only in English or how people speaks it in Germany. In our Swiss German language it's not realy existent, because we have other goals. By the way, I have given You my answer at the first.

The theme was ECS 2010, can we book already?. I mean, it's not importend if I would join or not. It's now much more importend to book immediatly (*). Zinal has a limited amount of guesthouses. And You know, Sierre-Anniviers Tourisme and the Swoard-Team do whatever it takes to make your holiday perfect.

http://ru.myswitzerland.com/ru/page.cfm/Home
http://www.myswitzerland.com/en.cfm/off ... 24564.html

(*) Last winter 2008/09 cablecars/skilifts etc. have been in Switzerland on higher profit then on winter 2007/08 - no world economic crises at all!
Gliding on Snowboards,

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Thursday 5 November 2009, 10:54

:clap3:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.34 KiB) Viewed 12017 times

Silber

Post by Silber » Thursday 5 November 2009, 12:36

....I guess...Zinal is ready for a December trip...
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Blitz » Thursday 5 November 2009, 12:45

 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 5 November 2009, 14:54

Schneewurm wrote:Allegra starikashka,
but beside German or French, there are also Italian and some different language of Rumantsch. The expression of choice c) I saw it only in English or how people speaks it in Germany. In our Swiss German language it's not realy existent, because we have other goals. By the way, I have given You my answer at the first.
Thank you. I did not know about all those languages. Unfortunately i did not get the sence of your answer, where was it? Can you please give a quote or link on the message so i can read carefully. Regarding expression c) i decided that possible options has to be provided, without meaning that this is what you usually do. In Russian language we have many many different sentences with c) meaning :-) Some of those so high poetry that even target person likes to hear it :-)
Schneewurm wrote: I mean, it's not importend if I would join or not.
It is!! I want to meet with you. Last year you have asked me if i join the meeting :-) Now i ask you :-)

Booking is less important thing - i have booked something already.
i`m learning

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Friday 6 November 2009, 9:48

@pokkis

where is that webcam located on the internet?
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 6 November 2009, 10:53

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Friday 6 November 2009, 12:47

Sometimes it is also interesting to check the snow coverage on the village:
http://www.idelec.ch/webcam/zinal/village.jpg

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Tuesday 10 November 2009, 10:37

The Blitz wrote:You mean this WE ?
Last weekend? 6 km of opened slopes - no lifts working - see pic 1 ?!?
Due of the thin layer of natural snow, they take now this week in addition for to make enough man-made-snow. Chose the right Wax for to ride on next weekend!

- - - -

It realy seems then autumn switch now to wintertime. Last two weeks it was absolutly excellent for to go hiking or riding on a bicycle. While some moderators/users from northern of the the Rhein couln't handle the reality of Switzerland/Snowboarding, I felt free like a bird, to watch down 1500 meters of high to the valley - see second picture! The nice hiking up to a spectacular mountain, was done at +15° (at about 2000 m!)! About 2-3 dozens other peoples did then the same, from German womans, one sliped out and landet direct in my arms, to guys from Geneva and area beside Leman, many open mindet people decide to feel free also.
More then this, on days I did hours of riding on bicycle through all the full coloured, most time yellow forests. Flooded by the warm light of a deep sun. A deep blue sky and blue lakes with all white mountains in the background has given a realy authentic and hearthfull landscape, like on world best photographies.

- - - -
starikashka wrote:Last year you have asked me ...
Ah, You remember it! O.k. we talked then also from Suworov memorial, You remember?. As an extra service for Russians guests I checked status last springtime of the memorial. The memorial is located at 1400 m. So, during wintertime it's posible the memorial is coverd by any snow and it's closed because of danger of avalanches. But it can also be free of snow. Picture below shows status from early May 2009, remaining tons of snow.

starikashka, I couldn't say now if I come to Zinal. It depends (snow/weather), perhaps short time before the event I take the decision.
You know, I have get so much voucher/offers for to ride at 20-50% off on many resorts upcomming winter. Otherwise Valais is far away and in that part of Switzerland, there are resorts where the lenght of black slopes are similiar long to the lenght of blue and red slopes together (50%/50%). In Zinal the black slopes are on sommething more the a fifth of the lenght of all blue and red slopes together (21%/79%) Beside that other resorts can be at a half price the skiticket for a day like them on Zinal.

Yes Zinal is great for the meeting of Swoard riders. But because of the limitation of the event, (they talk last winter they are comming to the limits with the amount of riders) its not a good idea, if I join there. In my opinion my place and the slopes should be kept free, for riders who come firsttime, want to learn or improve their skill on Swoards, or want to buy an ExtremeCarver-board, and/or the newly presented crossover shape.

Well it seems such meetings are also great for people they like to represent themself and their stuff. And as You can read in several forums, there are many people they take focus for to go on every available meetings for to do this. But in the accordance to that, I'm not shure if You know this: As an authentic snowboarder, I like much more to ride on a snowboard, not to stay, or present me on/with a snowboard.
Attachments
Suworov-Memorial-covered-by-snow.jpg
Suworov-Memorial-covered-by-snow.jpg (56.32 KiB) Viewed 11809 times
1500-meters-higher-like-a-bird.jpg
1500-meters-higher-like-a-bird.jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 11809 times
Zinal-Saturday.gif
Zinal-Saturday.gif (12.75 KiB) Viewed 11809 times
Gliding on Snowboards,