Indestructible gloves

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

komase
Rank 1
Rank 1

Indestructible gloves

Post by komase » Tuesday 25 March 2003, 7:55

I have a pair of gloves which are very good (cost about 100$). Yes they seemed to be indestructible (all the season I had no problems, and they looked new) - until now. The snow is now like ice in the morning and more like water in the evening. :cry:
One Day I went carving in the morning, and after just one departure I had very warm hands and a hole in my left glove. Then I had this idea to take inlineskate-protectors. And it worked! Its a new feeling. You can put the protectors on the snow and then you can slide over the snow. It's like having little skis on your hands.
The gloves on the snow do not brake anymore. And the protectors looke like new after several departures (yes they are made to resist against asphalt). And even on soft snow it is a better feeling with the protectors. I took the salomon-gel-protectors. And now I have the indestructible gloves :lol:
here some photos:
gloves
protector:

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

finger tips

Post by ablazespy » Tuesday 25 March 2003, 10:56

Hi seems great but what about the finger tips that are the parts that wear off the most with all of my gloves?

Ablazespy, Dènis

komase
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by komase » Tuesday 25 March 2003, 16:43

Hi ablazespy

On my finger tips are rubber-layers, and I never had problems. Anyway with the new protectors the pressure and the friction shoud be(is) more on the protector and not on the fingers.
First I had some problems with the thumb. I slipped from the protectors on the thumb and the friction was on it.
But it was because I diden't use it right. After some departures I carved only on the protectors (and snowboard-of course) and not on the thumb.

pete
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pete » Wednesday 26 March 2003, 8:10

yeah, sounds cool... do the protectors come like that, or did you have to take 'em apart? I'm asking cuz i bet ppl'd try to see if their gloves work with the protector ;)

Thanks for sharing...

Oh, what gloves a those? Also, don't u have bigger pictures?
Skwalzone.org: French/English Speaking Skwal Community.

Skwaleur, Stations proches Chambéry.

komase
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by komase » Wednesday 26 March 2003, 21:38

Hi pete

The protectors come like that, you dont have to take 'em apart. Best is to take the gloves with you in the next inline-shop to test if it works with your gloves.

I have the gloves from zanier -> see www.zanier.com.
I have the model SURF PRO-GX, size L and the protectors ar size XL. (from salomon -> maybe somwhere on www.salomonsports.com)