Dainese Wear

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Dainese Wear

Post by István » Monday 8 November 2004, 13:03

Guys,

Some of you might know that Dainese, probably the best motorbike-wear manufacturer came out with ski and snowboard suits.

They look pretty cool, all of them are more of an alpine style (slim fit) some of them have built-in protectors, thus as a speedbiker I could not help myself falling in love with one and paid hell of a money to buy it.

Does anyone have any experience with the durability of Dainese Snow Wear?

Thx,

István

ps.: Yesterday when I went for a last ride with my bike in 7 degrees Celsius I was not that happy with my Dainese leather suit.... but love is love, Dainese rulez!

Diablillo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Diablillo » Monday 8 November 2004, 22:36

Hi Istvan,

I have a dainese suit. It's good when it's not so cold. In sommer or spring no problem but in fall or winter I use other suits.

Last year I used it in Val Thorens. It was cold and very windy. On the slopes all ok, but in the lift I had problems.

I paid 600 € and I'm very disappointed.

Greetings

Stefan

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Dainese wear

Post by Hans » Monday 8 November 2004, 23:35

Hi, Istvan

I wear the stuff from Dainese all the way. I am a very satisfied user of the stuff, even in very cold conditions (minus 12 degrees celsius). I am wearing pants, jacket (type Senales) helmet (Stinger, perfect fit), backsupport (Shield 7), kneesupport/brace and Short (soft). Bought it all in a german store in Düsseldorf because three years ago we couldn't buy this brand in the Netherlands.
As underwear/first thermal layer I wear the stuff of Icebreaker. This is superb underwear made of new zealand Merino wool. Better than all that polyester stuff, which smells unnicely after a day of use. You can't be cold in this combo. I even wear this Icebreakerstuff under my wetsuits in the early summer when I go windsurfing at the Northsea.

Greets, Hans.

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Dainese

Post by István » Tuesday 9 November 2004, 9:37

Different opinions.... I'll see myself.....

Anyway, thanks,

István

Marc Andre Panet-Raymond
Rank 3
Rank 3

dainese gear

Post by Marc Andre Panet-Raymond » Saturday 13 November 2004, 21:25

Hey Istvan, I'm looking at the Dainese gear myself, specifically the padded shorts, how about you? Let us know how you like the gear for boarding, to bulky, to cold, to restraining etc OK?

Thanks,

MarcAndre
custom Donek FC 175, O-Sin 4807 178,Burton FP 178, Catek Olympic SI,TD2 SI,catek pro, Deeluxe Indy

life is a smorgasbord and I intend to lick the platter clean!!

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Dainese

Post by István » Sunday 14 November 2004, 18:21

Hey Marc,

I've seen those shorts and there is also a jacket, similarily made out of a special net, with many protectors (shoulder, spine, elbow, etc). They look cool together and it is not even that expensive. I think the jacket is EUR 200 and the shorts is EUR 100.

I'm not sure if it is really needed for us, but they really look cool. A bit of extra safety will not hurt... :-)

I wanted to go this weekend to test the gear, but my girlfriend is in a killer mode due to the fact that I do not spend too much time at home, not on the weekdays, nor on the weekends, so I had to postpone the riding. Early Dec I believe will work. Then I'll let you know.

Till then it is the Aspen model at www.dainese.com.

Cheers,

István

Diablillo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Diablillo » Sunday 14 November 2004, 20:06

Hi,

I have the dainese protectionjacket (200 €). It's very comfortable. You don't notice it.

Stefan

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Sunday 14 November 2004, 21:58

I agree with you, Stefan.

I ride with dainese protection jacket & short pants , :twisted: with plastic proteccion in chest, shoulder,arms,back, & waist and legs, and you don't notice it, :D
And in his construction are one of the best in his category. :bravo:

Sito
Ride hard;100% fun

Marc Andre Panet-Raymond
Rank 3
Rank 3

dainese gear

Post by Marc Andre Panet-Raymond » Tuesday 16 November 2004, 18:55

Hi guys, I wanted to ask Diablillo and Sito if they could give me some feed back on their experience witht the gear and if they wouldn't mind going to www.blue-tomato.at and identify the gear they have so I can do the same. Dianese has different jackets and protectors at blue tomato than they have at their own site.? If you could that would help out alot before I put in my order.

Thanks,

Marc
custom Donek FC 175, O-Sin 4807 178,Burton FP 178, Catek Olympic SI,TD2 SI,catek pro, Deeluxe Indy

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Tuesday 16 November 2004, 21:14

Hi Mark

This is my pants & jacket buyed from blue-tomato, last year.
Dainese multisport jacket plus 189E
Dainese shortprotector plus 94E

My experience riden with this gear is excellent,you don't notice it when ride , jump,do EC .....,and have a total protection on your body against impact. :wink:

I am operated of my left shoulder :? & have two discal hernias, :doh: so I fell me in total protection with this gear. :twisted:

But only is my opinion and taste, so if you can test how they fit in a shop :wink:

Hope this help

Sito
Ride hard;100% fun

Diablillo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Diablillo » Tuesday 16 November 2004, 22:06

Hi Mark,

I buyed the Dainese Fullcoat Wave for 219,94 € (size M) this year from Sport Scheck in München.

It's great. Sito said all about it. I think that it's important that you test how it fits in a shop. The protection-pads have to be in the right place.

Stefan

Marc Andre Panet-Raymond
Rank 3
Rank 3

dianese gear

Post by Marc Andre Panet-Raymond » Wednesday 17 November 2004, 2:31

Guys,

Thanks for the reply and info this is really helping me with my decision.
I have just a couple more questions if you could be so kind to answer for me. When I compare the two jackets the difference I see is the hard vs. soft chest protector but I can't see the back of the jacket that you wear Sito. Is there much difference and do you feel that the hard back protector inhibits your mobility. Second question do you have any problems with the overlap of the back protector while you wear the shorts? Are you wearing you long underwear underneath or over this gear or both?

Thanks again both of you for responding I really appreciate it.

Marc

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Wednesday 17 November 2004, 15:18

Hi Mark

The back of my jacket is a bit different of the Stefan's jacket, but the proteccion is exactly the same, both do tha same function the protection go just to the waist. With my jacket I have total mobility, and it's super comfy, and adapt me like a glove. :D

With the pants also I haven't any problem they go underneath of my pants and I don't notice it .Also adapt like a glove. :arrow:

And both short and jacket are very , very , light. :wink:

Both go under my gear and normally I ride with two layers:, first an excellent t-shirt Marmot, jacket dainese protection, and gore-tex jacket.(in very cold days an polartec 200)

And thermal pants, dainese short protection(I use it with suspender), and gore-tex pants.

I haven't any problem of overlap.

This is how use it with my gear.

But remember as Stefan said you it's very importatnt that the protection
will go in his site,chest, waist, shoulder.......

Sito
Ride hard;100% fun

Diablillo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Diablillo » Friday 19 November 2004, 18:06

Mark,

there is nothing to add. Sito said all.

Stefan

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Dainese wear

Post by István » Monday 27 December 2004, 15:30

Guys,

Just wanted to give you feedback on the gear. Last weekend (Dec 18-20) we went to Gerlitzen (Annenheim), Austria. It is a small but very friendly and nice place. It is close to the Ossiacher see, actually the hotel we usually go looks over the lake, so it is quite nice. The slopes are not that great, but usually weel groomed and empty. Due to the location of the place, it is rather windy and cold.

So, these were the conditions when I could test my new Dainese gear, sunny, but very cold and windy, and I can tell you, I'm pretty satisfied with the stuff. It is not too warm, so at least one thermo layer should be took on, but it is really comfy, 100% windstopping and a really functional hood when needed. The built-in back protector in the trousers is also fine, not just protects, but keeps your lower back warm and covered.

The colour is also quite functional as all the skiers can see you from quite a distance on the slopes, so the probability of a crash is lower.

Well, that's enough of sucking up to my own gear :-) I have also changed my avatar pic, so you can recognize me in Zinal.

Cheers,

István