Can I make extremecarving laid turns on F2 Silberpfeil??????

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

*DANIEL*
Rank 0
Rank 0

Can I make extremecarving laid turns on F2 Silberpfeil??????

Post by *DANIEL* » Wednesday 26 January 2005, 17:44

Hello!

My name is Daniel I come from Poland.I snowboard for 4 years.I need help and some information.last year I change my equipment. I have F2 Silberpfeil (168cm , waist width 184mm, radius 10.5, effective edge 1551cm)I'm 76kg and 177cm high. I use bindings Intec Titanium(step in) and boots Dee Lux Indy.My questions are:

1.Can I make extrimecarving laid turns on this equipment????or do I need other board boots ...???

2.Which board is the best for EC??

3.Which F2 board is the best for EC??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! because I want to ride laid turns!! And I dont know if I can do it on my board.

Regards Daniel From Poland
Silberpfeil168,IntecTitanium,DeeLux Indy...RULEZ!! ;)

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Wednesday 26 January 2005, 18:38

Hello Daniel,

i suggest you use the search function of the forum because this questions are discussed a lot of times here.

Cheers

Thomas
Brand doesn´t matter, the spirit does!

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

F2 Silberpfeil

Post by István » Wednesday 26 January 2005, 19:08

Let me answer you in brief, although it it was indeed discussed here many times.

1. I have a board like that, but 172 cm long. EC is doable, but not easy due to the narrow waist, hence big binding angles (in case of low binding angles your boot would stick out). Also on softer snow you'll have issues with Silberpfeil because of nose-diving. The boots are OK, although guys here will suggest to amend the spring system to something less stiff, depending on your weight. Binding is also ok, however some might say that there is a problem with the flex of te plate, which prevents the board to bend flawlessly.

2. Well, opinions might be different, but I believe by saying Swoard and Virus I will not hurt anybody.

3. There is no such, but maybe there will be, if they follow the trend.

Something additional: linked laid turns are only possible on a very good slope (steep, groomed, wide, empty, etc...) so do not be surprised if you can't do what Patrice and Jacques can.... actually none of us can do that :-)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

István

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Wednesday 26 January 2005, 20:26

Czesc Daniel

Nice to see that I am not the only one member of this forum from Poland.
Welcome :)

Mariusz

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by drcr » Thursday 27 January 2005, 4:14

Yeah, you are going to need softer springs for your Indy boots. I have a set I could send your way, but the shipping charge would probably be too high to bother. There are a few threads on this forum concerning springs for those boots, so you should be able to find some where you are at using the specifications from the threads here.

DrCR

________

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

try of correct answer:

Post by skywalker » Thursday 27 January 2005, 8:24

I don't know, if you can...
but I'm sure, that it is possible with this gear!

And to be more precise: Maybe the SP is a little narrow, has a little too stiff nose, your boots are not the optimum,... But your equipment ist really good. So if you try hard, it is possible to do fully laid down turns with this gear at least on a perfect slope.

Try hard ;)

Tom
free extreme carving

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Thursday 27 January 2005, 8:40

Fully agree with Istvan and Skywalker. In addition if we talk about F2s I'd say the Speedster RS is somewhat better for EC - wider, softer, faster - than the SP.

Braun
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Braun » Thursday 27 January 2005, 10:32

fruno: Do you think that Speedster RS is softer than SP ? It sounds a bit confusing for me. SP as freecarve board (ok not typical freecarve ) and is stiffer than RS - race GS board ? Thanx in advance
Sims Burner 188, F2 Silberpfeil 172, Sporten SX2000 (rockboard). F2 Titanflex, Voodoo Spirit

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Thursday 27 January 2005, 11:06

Yes, and by far! I was a bit confused, too, but there's no doubt about it. You can tell it by simply bending the board with your hands.
Even more confusingly, the SP is the better board on hard surface and provides a bit more grip on ice (opposite to common belief). And the RS would be the easier board to ride if there weren't the higher speed you need for a 16 m radius board.
This is just my personal opinion, maybe the F2 guys wouldn't confirm it.

Simon
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: in the snow, Swoard_3D_175_S_079 Swoard_2D_175_M_061 Pureboarding_Bastard Pureboarding_#TWO

Post by Simon » Thursday 27 January 2005, 11:07

The RS isn't softer than the Silberpfeil, it has a totally different flex pattern. The nose of RS is much softer and the middle part of RS is stiffer. So RS handles bumpy slopes better and also the nose diving isn't as bad as Silberpfeil does. For EC I prefer the RS, besides Swoard naturally!

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Thursday 27 January 2005, 11:17

Ok, that could be right since it is not easy to measure and compare the flex in the middle of the board and between the bindings. The nose and tail of the RS are softer, that's for sure.
Agree with the rest.
F2 should shape off 1 cm each side in the middle (or add 1 cm at nose and tail following the "swoard revolution") to make the RS a 13m-radius freecarver and it would be perfect. But like always - nobody would listen to me :cry:

NardaF
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NardaF » Friday 28 January 2005, 5:28

What about mounting the Conshoxx on the Silberpfeil? We tried this and I found this way to stiff. I finally gave the Conshoxx to a friend who upgraded his old Jester SL board with it because he rode the board so hard that it became a limp noodle.

So what about the Silberpfeil/Conshoxx combination for EC??? Would that work?
NARDA

NardaF
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NardaF » Friday 28 January 2005, 5:43

István wrote:Something additional: linked laid turns are only possible on a very good slope (steep, groomed, wide, empty, etc...) so do not be surprised if you can't do what Patrice and Jacques can.... actually none of us can do that :-)
I was wondering whether Partice & Jacques had their own private mountainside slope, complete with groomers to assure that perfect corduroy!

Judging from their videos, this must be the case. The rest of us mortals can only dream of such vast empty slopes. We actually have to slalom thru lowly footfolk...forget laying out such perfectly laid turns! :cry: :cry: :(
NARDA

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Silberpfeil + Conshox

Post by István » Saturday 29 January 2005, 16:16

I still have this configuration, and it worked for me. On the other hand I have to admit that I was 90+ kg when I put that together, under that it might be too stiff.

Kindest,

Istvan

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Empty slopes

Post by fivat » Wednesday 2 February 2005, 10:36

István and NardaF,

The movies are shot from 8:30 to 10:00 in the morning 8) It's why the slopes are empty.
The participants to our Extremecarving Session can confirm that it's possible to get such conditions if you wake up early ;-)
István, you were there at the opening, no?

Patrice Fivat