Chechen president want to build ski resort

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Chechen president want to build ski resort

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 13:37

So, guys :-) How do you like the idea of Ramzan Cadyrov to build ski resort comparable with Courchevel ( it`s sort of favorite place for skiing for new rich russians ) in Argun gorge

So, how do you like an idea :-) Is there any chance that one of you will go. What would be a driver for average european citizen to go there :-)??
i`m learning

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Chechen president want to build ski resort

Post by Hans » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 13:48

starikashka wrote:So, how do you like an idea :-) Is there any chance that one of you will go. What would be a driver for average european citizen to go there :-)??
That last picture of course 8) Next question......

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 14:18

I have always wondered why the Caucasus didn't have a resort like that. But aren't rich Russians reluctant to sponsor 'terrorists'?

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 14:55

Transistor Rhythm wrote:I have always wondered why the Caucasus didn't have a resort like that. But aren't rich Russians reluctant to sponsor 'terrorists'?
Original chechens are not terrorists. They just poor people involved in dirty international games. Also they are not able to work hard like chinese for example.

Looks that guy want to create some peaceful source of money there. Oil is already extracted :-) Despite i does not like him - i wish him a success there :-)

Caucasians need good project managers and peaceful leaders to build resorts :-) Historically it was a permanent battlefield and tension point - not appropriate to develop such a skills :-)
Also russian business and politics are not that mature to care about future in a proper way. I mean country future.
i`m learning

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 15:22

It's always a good thing they develop more resorts in different regions. I think more exotic locations like the Himalayans will really be developing more resorts (just one cabin lift in the whole mountain range at the moment!) any time soon. A lot of people would like to say they have skied the Himalayans! Also it will take a bit of the pressure of the Alps.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 20:33

Transistor Rhythm wrote:It's always a good thing they develop more resorts in different regions. I think more exotic locations like the Himalayans will really be developing more resorts (just one cabin lift in the whole mountain range at the moment!) any time soon. A lot of people would like to say they have skied the Himalayans! Also it will take a bit of the pressure of the Alps.
Hmm...so it would be good :-) when i became old guy i will buy a chalet in Saint-Moritz for a good price and will be pickin up some nice young girls from good families attracting them by my brilliant EC style :-) i have lot of time to practice...just need to be careful of wearing out some important piece of body in FS laydown :-)

We are also want new resorts to be developed in Russia - competition makes life better :-)
i`m learning

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 20:35

Hans wrote:
starikashka wrote:So, how do you like an idea :-) Is there any chance that one of you will go. What would be a driver for average european citizen to go there :-)??
That last picture of course 8) Next question......
Ok Hans :-) i will send your desire to mr.president
i`m learning

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Wednesday 20 January 2010, 20:39

A new resort? Thats great starikashka!
With altiport too, like at Courchevel, for new rich russians comming by privat airplanes?
And so many black slopes too (16 km), for to do EC, like You can find on Mount Teghenis in Armenia? Just on Euro 18.50 for riding a day?
That would be great!

http://www.winterarmenia.com/rus/skiinfo.php
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 20 January 2010, 20:54

Schneewurm wrote:A new resort? Thats great starikashka!
With altiport too, like at Courchevel, for new rich russians comming by privat airplanes?
And so many black slopes too (16 km), for to do EC, like You can find on Mount Teghenis in Armenia? Just on Euro 18.50 for riding a day?
That would be great!

http://www.winterarmenia.com/rus/skiinfo.php
It will be a long time before those guys will go to Chechnya instead of Courchevel :-) Because the girls they bring with them are afraid to be kidnapped :-) No fun at all :-)

Armenia is very different.

You need to go to ride on Dombai or Cheget - there are good freeride suicide opportunities. You should be ok to try those as you have to survive due to your experience.
i`m learning

bobex
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bobex » Sunday 21 February 2010, 15:09

Starikashka, I checked the web - those sites looks goood :-) I just need to find another crazy man not to travel alone :twisted:
Swoard DUAL 178,SWOARD EC 175M 3D, Afterburner Titanium 182
=========================
Summer equip. CUBE Sting, Lapierre Spicy

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Sunday 21 February 2010, 20:38

bobex wrote:Starikashka, I checked the web - those sites looks goood :-) I just need to find another crazy man not to travel alone :twisted:
bobex :-) you do not need a crazy companion to go to armenia :-) but better to left those nice girls who were with you in Zinal at home - they could generate some conversation with local guys :-)

If you look like this guy on avatar you better go to Ukraine :-) Sure - you will get free skipass :-)
i`m learning

eaglefly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by eaglefly » Sunday 21 February 2010, 21:33

starikashka wrote:So, guys :-) How do you like the idea of Ramzan Cadyrov to build ski resort comparable with Courchevel ( it`s sort of favorite place for skiing for new rich russians ) in Argun gorge
as long as it's cheaper and as great as Courchevel, fine!!! BTW, can you manage to build a resort for poor Europeans :alien: Courchevel is just out of reach fo us....
* * * "Carve diem, that's it " * * *

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 22 February 2010, 15:16

i do not think that skiing in Russia could be affordable for poor Europeans who are regular people....Russia have very limited amount of managers who thinking how to work in competitive market and improve efficciency of your business - so others try to generate tremendous margins :-) that`s a reason why rich guys go to courchevel :-) This is much cheaper :-)

Ramzan Cadyrov is sort of a gangster, mabe he afraid to be captured by somebody while visiting foreign ski resorts :-)

But now Armenia and Georgia are offering quite good ski resorts...if you are hesitating to go to Iran :-)
i`m learning

bobex
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bobex » Monday 22 February 2010, 15:31

Well, how do you know I'm planning to go for a skiing to Iran ? :-) I'm not afraid :-) :-) However, The Armenia seems to be a better choice ( besides this nice Lebanon site :-) http://www.skileb.com/ski-resort/Cedars/ )

BTW - Starikashka, due to free skipass, I will not correct my look to be similar to my avatar :D :D

Roman
Swoard DUAL 178,SWOARD EC 175M 3D, Afterburner Titanium 182
=========================
Summer equip. CUBE Sting, Lapierre Spicy

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 23 February 2010, 10:13

bobex wrote:BTW - Starikashka, due to free skipass, I will not correct my look to be similar to my avatar :D :D

Roman
it`s for Ukraine only :-) but not only skipass could be a reason - all girls will be yours :-)
i`m learning