Extremecarving Session IV: ZINAL ECS '07 > details

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Extremecarving Session IV: ZINAL ECS '07 > details

Post by fivat » Thursday 7 December 2006, 11:09

Hello all!

Here are the details of the ECS '07! :D

:arrow: Web page Events.

:arrow: Official registration and proposed "package", hotels list, etc.: ECS '07 (PDF document, 616 KB)

Don't forget to add your names in the other thread with the list of participants to inform the community about your participation.
All questions can be asked in this thread below!

Group photo - Extremecarving Session 2006:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Extremecarving Session IV: ZINAL ECS '07 > details

Post by fivat » Saturday 9 December 2006, 14:02

Here is the location of Zinal in the canton of Valais! :D It may be helpful for you. The highway Geneva-Lausanne-Sion-Sierre dies at the exit Sierre-est. 100m after the exit, you have to follow the direction Val d'Anniviers.

Further to east, in the next valley, people don't speak French but Swiss German... ;-)

Patrice Fivat

pavlik
Rank 0
Rank 0

More INFOS

Post by pavlik » Friday 12 January 2007, 15:37

Hallo,

I've seen the program in pdf format. The price of 82 euros for 3 days, include the hotel accomodation and lift for all 3 days without launchs and dinners except the sunday dinner. Is it right!?!?

Do you know how much i should spend to come by train, starting from italy - Turin !?!? I don't need the exaxt price, but an idea....

Is there still accomodation available for the event?

How are the hotel accomodation? Double rooms? I could come with my girlfriend and stay in a duble room!?

8O 2 much questions!??! :roll:

Thanks, BYE
>-Pav

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: More INFOS

Post by fivat » Friday 12 January 2007, 17:53

pavlik wrote:The price of 82 euros for 3 days, include the hotel accomodation and lift for all 3 days without launchs and dinners except the sunday dinner. Is it right!?!?
Yes 82 Euros, but no hotel accomodation included of course:
:rules: "Packages including resort lift passes, and Saturday night meal at the Sorebois restaurant, altitude 2500 m (it includes a few goodies too: T-shirt, ...)"
Note that the normal price for a skipass would be 30 Euros for one day!
pavlik wrote:Do you know how much i should spend to come by train, starting from italy - Turin !?!? I don't need the exaxt price, but an idea....
Check out the Italian trains Web site.
pavlik wrote:Is there still accomodation available for the event?

How are the hotel accomodation? Double rooms? I could come with my girlfriend and stay in a duble room!?
Yes because it's low season. There are some cheap rooms to expensive ones, as you wish. Ask everything to the number given in the PDF.
:rules: "SIERRE ANNIVIERS TOURIST OFFICE:
International and national calling number: +41 (0)848 848 027 (mon-fri 0800-1800)"

Patrice Fivat

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Pictures

Post by fivat » Saturday 13 January 2007, 23:16

Unpublished pictures have been added recently to the Album ECS III in the Gallery (mainly on the pages 3 and 4 of this album).

If you participated to this event last year, maybe you will discover a picture of yourself :D If you were not present, join us this year and enjoy the nice and friendly atmosphere. No need to be an expert, though the level at extremecarving is rising... A good reason for the Team Swoard to continue organizing this event in the future 8)

The Swoard Team

canmanski
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by canmanski » Monday 15 January 2007, 16:22

Hey,

Is the ski-pass valid only for Zinal or is it valid in the whole sierre-anniviers ?

Cheers
Bart
Softboot Carving Camps
www.megustasport.com

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

its a zinal pass

Post by nils » Monday 15 January 2007, 19:38

its a zinal pass
If for major reason the event is moved to grimentz like last year, the pass will be for grimentz etc..

Nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Snow conditions

Post by fivat » Saturday 20 January 2007, 18:08

While the snow quantities are insufficient at many places in the Alps, while 72 resorts among the 207 Swiss resorts are closed (it has rained up to 2400m yesterday!) and while the snow conditions are also bad in France (like at Avoriaz for example, but not at Chamonix which is high enough)...

the snow conditions (on 20th January) are good at Zinal ! :D

Resorts like Zermatt, Zinal and Verbier are happy this year. It was the opposite last season until the middle of February: tons of snow at many places except in the center of the Alps.

Today on 20th January, I have been confirmed that there are no stones at Zinal on the slopes (thanks to the artificial snow made with 66 new snowmachines and of course thanks to the snow falls), except a few stones on the black piste "La Corne". The black piste "Barthélémy" is not prepared yet (they want to preserve it for the ECS, I guess ;-) ) while the lift "Durand" is open.

Tomorrow the temperature will drop down (10 degrees!) and it's going to snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will keep you informed, but the things seem good for the ECS 8)

Check the Zinal Webcam out from time to time: http://www.zinalski.ch/webcam/image.jpg

Patrice Fivat

*** Update on 21st January 2007 ***
It's going to snow a lot in Zinal area :D

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Group photo

Post by fivat » Saturday 20 January 2007, 18:20

Every year there are too many persons who miss the group photo! Please make people know the following rendezvous:

:arrow: On Saturday: we meet at 11:45 close to the stand for the group photo

:arrow: On Sunday: same time, same place

Of course come to both rendezvous! It's also a way to meet people you would like to share the lunch with. It's better to go to the restaurant before 12h15 otherwise it could be crowded.

Patrice Fivat

ngsam
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ngsam » Sunday 21 January 2007, 17:11

Hello All,

During ecs, i'll take with me some Swoard goodies and deliver all the people who have allready ordered something.

You can buy and order some goodies saturday evening at the restaurant.

I'll have in stock one or 2 pieces of each of these products. except baseball cap about 50 pieces.

If you allready want to order something please let me know what product and what size you want than i'll be sure to have exactly your size

For each of you and as always at the restaurant on saturday evening Swoard'll provide you free tee-shirts and this year for the first time Women tee-shirts are also available. :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salut tout le monde,

je vais prendre avec moi quelques produits et livré toutes les personnes qui ont déjà commandé des Goodies Swoard.

Vous pourrez acheter ces produits au restaurant samedi soir . Je vais prendre avec moi 1 ou 2 pièces de chacun de ces produits mise à part les casquettes ou j'en aurais environ 50 si nous n'avons pas votre taille, vous pourrez prendre commande vers moi directement.

Pour ceux qui sont deja intressé par un produit en particulier merci de me faire parvenir vos demande par e-mail afin que je puisse les commander chez nos fournisseurs et ainsi etre sur que j'ai le produit dans votre taille.

Comme chaque année chaque participant à l'event du samedi soir recevra un tee-shirt gratuit et cette année pour la première fois, il y aura aussi des tee-shirts pour fille. :lol:

happy to see you all at the ecs...

sam

Softshell jacket black men

baseball cap

microfleece waterproof

70 l black bag

microfleece waterproof jacket

SWOARD
EXTREMECARVER GEN 1 161 S + 161M
EXTREMECARVER GEN 3 161 M
DUAL 158
HEAD STRATOS PRO sont trop belle et font trop pas mal aux pieds
F2 RACE TITANIUM/

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Snow conditions

Post by skywalker » Monday 22 January 2007, 7:50

fivat wrote:*** Update on 21st January 2007 ***
It's going to snow a lot in Zinal area :D
Unfortunately I failed last year, but I'm planning to do better for this year's ECS ;)

skywalker
free extreme carving

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 24 January 2007, 21:52

Excellent news from a friend in Zinal, on 24th January!

It has snowed last night 30-40 cm and tomorrow they prepare the famous black slope "Barthélémy" ("double diamond" slope). :D 8)

It will be excellent for the ECS!

Patrice Fivat

ise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ise » Thursday 25 January 2007, 19:37

fivat wrote:Excellent news from a friend in Zinal, on 24th January!

It has snowed last night 30-40 cm and tomorrow they prepare the famous black slope "Barthélémy" ("double diamond" slope). :D 8)

It will be excellent for the ECS!
The Barthélémy has not been prepared, the cover on it isn't really so good and I'd be surprised if it opened soon although they've been busy maintaining slopes for three FIS races here this week.
warning : snow depths may go down as well as up

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 25 January 2007, 20:34

Grrrr!
If you see José on the slopes (with his Swoard), tell him that he gave me wrong info :-(

Patrice Fivat

ise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ise » Thursday 25 January 2007, 21:10

fivat wrote:Grrrr!
If you see José on the slopes (with his Swoard), tell him that he gave me wrong info :-(
I'll ask a pisteur if I get a chance. It felt thin to me as it scraped my bases skiing it at lunchtime though (as a closed run). Otherwise though the conditions are good though.
warning : snow depths may go down as well as up