How about a titanal Swoard?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

gdboytyler
Rank 4
Rank 4

How about a titanal Swoard?

Post by gdboytyler » Friday 24 February 2006, 9:04

Congratulations to the Swiss team and Kessler on dominating the Olympic PGS.

I think the Swiss brothers that came in 1-2 for the men and all 3 medal winners for the women were riding titanal construction Kesslers.

According to some BomberOnline reviews on titanal construction Priors, the titanal construction helps to give a board a soft longitudinal flex and a stiff torsional flex. The same characteristics as the Swoard.

I would like to read some thoughts on a Swoard with titanal construction. It would seem like a good fit.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

yes !

Post by nils » Friday 3 March 2006, 14:34

If we have enough cash for testing we shall try! But since we get the same physical result with atc ( with less dampening than the kessler of course) there is no rush to try more expensive materials! Our goal is to maintain the price as low as possible, not to make a 1200 euros board no one will be able to afford! Or maybe in small series, if it gets really really better ( which could be the case for a 20cm race board, but maybe not for a 23cm EC board where chronometer is not an issue!)

Nils

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by vkrouverk » Friday 3 March 2006, 20:30

From what I've read (in bomberonline) it seems like Titanal boards are not very long-lasting. Racers can afford them, as there every hundreth of second counts, but for recreational rider it would be too much to shell >1000 currency units for board which breaks after 20 days.
Of course it's relatively new technology for snowboards and maybe in future manufacturers find way to make long-lasting boards (after all skis use this technology long time).
Converting potential energy to kinetic..

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Friday 3 March 2006, 20:36

When I was riding motocross about 15 years ago I remember a HUSQVARNA factory pilot with titanal rear damper sping . It seems he had to change it quite often to keep the good bike behavior.

Jacques

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Sunday 9 April 2006, 15:03

I too would favour more titanal-boards.

voigt-ski (www.spezialski.de) builds handcrafted titanal race skis upon order which are used up to Europecup levels by smaller nations for around 200€ (starting from 100 skis plus) Ex Works, or 360€ for 1 pair only. Their quality is top-notch and their skis last up to 200days (well the edge will be gone beforehand :D ). Their machines are able to build snowboards too! - However they weren't willing to produce me a single snowboard when I approached them. I think the minimal order is around 50 boards. I use their slalom-skis for recreational racing and they are on par if not better than the race-room skis from the big companies (race-room = not sold in normal shops).

So because of their cheap prices I doubt that titanal boards are more expensive!