SWOARD ECS 2019 > how to participate + questions

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

SWOARD ECS 2019 > how to participate + questions

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 5 January 2019, 18:11

:arrow: Watch the previous event!

Hello! 8)
The ExtremeCarving Session (ECS) is approaching! :D :birthday: :silly: From Saturday 26 to Monday 28 January 2019 !
There are already good conditions because it has not rained above 2500m, but snowed! The slope "Barthelemy" has been opened with one month of advance in comparison to other years. And our reserved slope "Le Col" has been enlarged during summer works!

This event, organized and sponsored by Swoard, has become much more than simple test days of the brand, because we also propose our ride technique which we tirelessly explain and teach by giving our setups, tips, secrets, etc. This is probably unique among all brands. We are passionate riders above all. :oops:

The session is open to the people who want to test Swoard boards, find the proper flex of board (it's like custom choice, another specificity of the brand), take free lessons with the Swoard EC instructors or share their experience. There is also room for soft boots riders thanks to the DUAL2 model and the great freeride domain.

If you can't join, there are other events of the Swoard Demo Tour 2019: Austria, France, Italy, ...
Moreover you can contact one of our 11 Test Centers.

Step 1: find an accommodation as soon as possible

:arrow: If you have not booked your hotel in Zinal or Grimentz yet (the resorts are now connected by a gondola), don't wait anymore! The villages are small. Click here.

NEW: -10% rebate in four hotels: info here (like last year). :bravo:

:arrow: It is also possible to rent an apartment for 3-4 days only!
The estate agencies are here.

Step 2: read the documents and choose your package

:arrow: All details, activities, program and prices can be found in the page Events. :arrow: See Swoard ECS 2019 (PDF document).

:arrow: Each participant will need a blue package, a red package or a yellow package, to purchase BEFORE the event. In Zinal it will be too late: the skipasses are sold at normal price only.

Step 3: reserve your package online or by phone

:arrow: Direct link to the purchase of the packages online here.

:arrow: You also can contact the Reservation Center of "Sierre-Anniviers Marketing". It is NOT located in Zinal.
Phone number: +41 (0)848 848 027 (Mon-Fri 08:00-12:00 / 13:30-17:30)
E-mail address: info@sierre-anniviers.ch

Step 4: add your name to the list of participants

:arrow: Add your name in the other thread with the list of participants to inform the Forum community about your participation.

Any question related to this event?

All questions can be asked in this thread below! Thank you! 8)

The Swoard team

Group photo - ExtremeCarving Session 2018:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:arrow: Videos - ExtremeCarving Session 2018: YouTube film and download
:arrow: Pictures and feedback - ECS 2018: thread here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SWOARD ECS 2019 > how to participate + questions

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 5 January 2019, 19:37

Good news! We managed to keep the prices of the packages in Swiss Francs (CHF) as low as last year.

The normal price of the skipass in the "Val d'Anniviers" is 62 CHF per day.
For 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 consecutive days, the normal price is 109 / 160 / 210 / 255 / 290 / 323 CHF.

In consequence, for the people who are staying in the resort less than 7 days, it is always better value to take the blue package + a skipass for the additional days, instead of a skipass at full price for the entire stay + the yellow package.
:arrow: It is better value to take the yellow package only if you stay 7 days or more in the resort.

The Swoard team

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 5 January 2019, 19:38

Don't hesitate to organize car sharing in the section Who When Where?.

If it's your first participation, here is the location of Zinal in the canton of Valais! :D Follow the highway Geneva-Lausanne-Sion-Sierre until "Sierre-Ouest". Take the exit "Val d'Anniviers" and then follow the direction "Zinal" or "Grimentz".

Further to east, in the next valley, people don't speak French but Swiss German... ;-)

The Swoard team

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 5 January 2019, 19:39

Two frequent questions:

(1) Will it be possible to buy some DEMO boards at the stand? (and during the Swoard Demo Tour)

- The Extremecarver Gen5: no, because this is a new model and the demo boards are new.

- The DUAL2: no, because this is a new model and the demo boards are new.

- The Extremecarver Pro2: no, this model is made in limited series. There are few demo boards.

(2) Will it be possible to purchase some NEW boards during the ECS?

Not during the event, because we carry already more than 40 demo boards, and we could not take all the 3 sizes and 5 flexes! But it's possible to purchase your Swoard BEFORE the meeting and to get a delivery at your hotel in Zinal-Grimentz (even before your arrival), or your estate agency. The VAT is 7.7% and has to be paid directly to the shipping company (the Post). Count 7-9 days for delivery after online purchase and payment, so please anticipate. Thanks!

The Swoard team

Bram
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bram » Saturday 5 January 2019, 23:39

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in joining the event but since none of my snowboardfriends is into alpine boarding this will be a solo-mission :evil:

I'm a bit hold back by driving two times all by myself for 10hrs. Is there a good alternative reaching Zinall by train/plane in combination with public bus or rental car?
Or if you know Belgians or Dutch people who join, please let me know so I can contact them to ask for carpooling.

Thx for the info.
Kind regards,

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Sunday 6 January 2019, 8:01

Hello,

Look at page 3 of the PDF document.
The best in your case is probably to take a flight to Geneva airport and then rent a car.
But there are other Dutch riders coming to the event, so you can post a message in the section Who When Where / Qui Quand Où / Chi Quando Dove / Wer Wann Wo.

See you soon! 8)

The Swoard team

Bram
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bram » Monday 7 January 2019, 13:57

Thanks for the answer.
As far as I can see there are only 3 people besides the ECS-crew that have announced there presence in the section "SWOARD ECS 2019 > who's coming?".

Hope there will be some more in the days to come.

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Monday 7 January 2019, 14:19

Hi,

Generally there is a group of Dutch / Belgian carvers. You may try to PM Marc or Erik.

Arnaud
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

sorro
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by sorro » Monday 7 January 2019, 17:03

I know at least 20 people that are coming but did not announce their presence in the thread yet... I guess they want to let the surprise to everyone :lol: . And for sure they are not the only ones...
I will ask them to do so anyway.

By the way, I was there for the week end with the kids and snow conditions are just fantastic! :bravo:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Monday 7 January 2019, 18:20

The informal list is online since 2 days only :!: :lol: So people need some time now to add their names and inform their friends that they are coming.
What really counts is the list at the Reservation Center. There many participants already.
If necessary we will post the surnames of the participants in the informal list, but traditionally people do this by themselves.

As announced since several months, priority is accommodation (the event takes place during low season, but do not wait till last second). Then purchase the package. Then write your name. 8)

Patrice Fivat

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Monday 7 January 2019, 20:06

:arrow: Pictures of the day, on 7th January 2019!

Our reserved slope "Le Col" is ready for a fantastic session!
Snow is excellent (because the altitude is 2500-2900m), there is no stone, and the piste has been enlarged during the summer! :twisted: 8)

Reserved slope - Le Col - 7.01.2019.jpg
Reserved slope - Le Col - January 7, 2019

The famous slope "Barthelemy" was also awesome today! :silly:

Barthelemy - 7.01.2019.jpg
Barthelemy - January 7, 2019

Diving in the Barthelemy - 7.01.2019.jpg
Diving in the Barthelemy - January 7, 2019

8O Wow, I had a fantastic day. In 25 years, I rarely got such conditions so early in January in Zinal. Indeed the slope "Barthelemy" is normally rarely open so early in the season!

Patrice Fivat

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by slayer » Wednesday 16 January 2019, 20:26

Is there a film contest this year? :-)

Edit: Ah, saw reply on other thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13544
I withdraw the question here, as I haven't worked out how to delete post.
Soft: Dual 175, Burton Driver-X, Flux CV
Hard: Gen4 175M, UPZ RC10, F2 Race Titanium

Bram
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bram » Tuesday 22 January 2019, 21:58

Hi Everyone,

Despite not finding any Belgians/Dutch to carpool with I decided to come to the event on my own.
I will fly in on Geneva friday evening (land around 18h).

1) Is there anybody who can pick me up on his way to Zinal (I rented a place in Mayoux, 25min before Zinal center)? This would be very nice since I don't have to rent a car. Offcourse I want to share in the expenses.

2) Are there any boots to try at the event? If yes, also for size 48-49 :oops: :lol: I have Deeluxe track boots but always in pain in these. Would love to get some new gear.

Looking forward to the event!
Grtz,

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 22 January 2019, 22:35

Bram wrote:
Tuesday 22 January 2019, 21:58
1) Is there anybody who can pick me up on his way to Zinal (I rented a place in Mayoux, 25min before Zinal center)? This would be very nice since I don't have to rent a car. Offcourse I want to share in the expenses.
You also should ask your question in Who When Where / Qui Quand Où / Chi Quando Dove / Wer Wann Wo.
If you find nobody, there is the bus from Vissoie to Zinal which you can catch. No problem during the day. But it will be a problem for the dinner because there is no bus in the night after 8 pm.
Bram wrote:
Tuesday 22 January 2019, 21:58
2) Are there any boots to try at the event? If yes, also for size 48-49 :oops: :lol: I have Deeluxe track boots but always in pain in these. Would love to get some new gear.
Unfortunately not. We had some UPZ in Hintertux, for the Swoard Demo Tour, but we could not bring them in Zinal.

Patrice Fivat

Bram
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bram » Wednesday 23 January 2019, 7:40

Thx for your reply Patrice.

Indeed for the snowboarding days I can take the local bus.
The main issue is to get from Geneva to the Zinal area on Friday evening and back Monday evening since public transport is really not good for this trajectory.