New Extremecarver Gen5: preview

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

molbang
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: New Extremecarver Gen5: preview

Post by molbang » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 0:26

I send a mail to swoard shop.
But there was no response.
When will you start selling Pro2?
Our country winter season ends at 1st March.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 15:17

Hans wrote:More hightech composit materials in it like Titanium Carbon Kevlar Zylon and so on.
You are wrong and you have not tested our 3 new models. Swoard is using of course all top materials of the market, as well as Carbon, Kevlar, Titanal, ... (for better price though: no need to pay 1500 €). But materials (and marketing blabla) is not enough to get an awesome board, or a real extremecarving board.
Note also that Swoard managed to adapt to thicker Titanal while some brands have huge difficulties, or continue making obsolete boards with rest of stock of 0.3 mm Titanal (which is no more produced). :tongue:
Hans wrote:My advice: TEST, TEST, TEST!
Yes, our advice too. And take EC lessons & tips from the riders of the original EC brand, not from brands who copy the model name stupidly. ;-) They are not there for the same reasons.

Patrice Fivat

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 15:25

molbang wrote:I send a mail to swoard shop.
But there was no response.
All the team was at the 14th ExtremeCarving Session, which ended yesterday. So you will get of course a reply this week.
molbang wrote:When will you start selling Pro2?
The Pro2 168H is ready. If it's your size/flex, write to orders@swoard.com for quick delivery.
About other sizes and flexes, we need 7-10 days more for the finishing (double varnish, sharpening, waxing, ...) and the logistics.

With the 3 new models, we have 25 different boards! 8O A lot of work which requires some time. It's like custom boards.
Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm.

The Swoard team

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 15:26

I think you can still get 0.3 material, but minimum order quantity is quite high.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 15:29

pokkis wrote:I think you can still get 0.3 material, but minimum order quantity is quite high.
There are many rumours. And anyway the quantity would be too high indeed (for a material which is difficult to stock because of lifetime).
The best way is to adapt. :D

Patrice Fivat

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 16:31

No need to waste time and money to find a material that is no more produced, when we can get better results with existing .4 :bravo:
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 16:34

I'm not saying which is better or worse, just saying that 03 is still available :bravo:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 31 January 2017, 16:46

pokkis wrote:I'm not saying which is better or worse, just saying that 03 is still available :bravo:
Me neither, but just saying what is modern and what is obsolete. ;-) And it's not the thread to talk this.

Patrice Fivat

BJBusa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BJBusa » Wednesday 15 March 2017, 17:18

As of today......has anybody received their ordered Gen 5 and if so is it worth the wait compared to picking up a discounted Gen 4 Now??

Also..... are the flex patterns relative the same between Gen 4 and 5? ie: Is a Gen5 H flex any stiffer than the Gen4 H??
The Swoard sizing charts says I should be on a H flex but I like a softer M flex board......and I've never gotten to ride a H flex for comparison, only ridden Gen4 M flex, which was great even with my 95k and 187cm weight/height

Really liked the dynamic "pop" coming out of turns on the Gen4 M flex, would the H have even more pop or just rail because of the stiffness??

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Wednesday 15 March 2017, 17:59

Hi BJBusa
BJbusa wrote:Is a Gen5 H flex any stiffer than the Gen4 H
No, they have the same flex calibration
BJbusa wrote:but I like a softer M flex board......and I've never gotten to ride a H flex for comparison, only ridden Gen4 M flex, which was great even with my 95k and 187cm weight/height
95kg / 187cm, I suppose you're speaking about a 175M.
IMHO for this weight, the H flex is better, and yes, it will have more pop.
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Wednesday 15 March 2017, 18:01

We confirm.

Yes, a few riders have received their Gen5, as we progressively send them in function of the availability in sizes and flexes. We can't answer to everybody at the same time. Many riders have also tested the Gen5 during the Swoard Demo Tour, especially in Switzerland and Italy. They can confirm that we managed to keep "flex patterns" (as you write) from Gen4 to Gen5. Of course dynamically, especially on soft snow, you feel a difference as the pop of the Gen5 has been increased. In addition the grip of the Gen5 is amazing, as we could test it on the ice of Hintertux (Austria).

For your 95 kg and your height, you really need the 175H. It's not really a question of taste, but a "custom like" factor. It's not "hard" for your weight, but the proper flex. It's not surprising you felt good on the M board, as the torsion is well controlled thanks to our technology, and the board performs great even for too high weight. But on soft snow and at high speed you will definitely be more stable and powerful with the 175H.
Of course the 175H should give you more pop than the 175M, especially on soft snow.

The Swoard team

BJBusa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BJBusa » Thursday 16 March 2017, 16:26

OK...........you convinced me. Are the Gen 5 175H ready?? I have been in the Que since early Feb. waiting.

Also I want to use my paypal account and need separate paypal invoice from Swoard......

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Thursday 16 March 2017, 18:14

An e-mail has been sent to you. :D

The Swoard team

BJBusa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BJBusa » Tuesday 21 March 2017, 19:00

Thanks for that info.

One more question.............. do you guys protect the top sheet in someway from EC riding?? My Dual was all scratched up on the top sheet from EC riding and wonder if the Swoard team is even concerned about such things.....

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 21 March 2017, 19:04

You must turn your board to really extreme angles to get scratches to top sheet doing EC 8O