Boots and bindings for Swoard Dual without going bankrupt

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Tuck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Boots and bindings for Swoard Dual without going bankrupt

Post by Tuck » Tuesday 3 November 2015, 16:57

Hi all!

I'm about to buy a Swoard Dual but I'm not so sure yet of what boots and bindings I should take with it. As far as boots are concerned, the Salomon Malamute are often cited in the forum. For the bindings, the FLow NX2 are apparently quite popular. However, after looking at the prices, I am thinking that a boots/bindings combo that costs about the same price as the board itself might be a little expensive.

For info, I'm 1.75m high for a weight of about 70kg. I have learned the basics of carving with an F2 Eliminator I was "borrowing" from a brother of mine. But since I now have a salary, I can afford my own board, carve a little harder and have a lot more fün! :evil2:

Would anyone have suggestions? I imagine that since I would use the board mostly on the pistes and do a little bit of freeride but not much, I should go for more rigid boots and bindings right?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Philippe

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Boots and bindings for Swoard Dual without going bankrup

Post by fivat » Wednesday 4 November 2015, 18:51

Hello Philippe,

Yes, Salomon and Flow are often mentioned in this Forum. I'm using the high end model of Salomon (F4.0), but they are quite expensive. :-( Same with Flow.

You can consider buying some Burton soft boots, like the model Moto. They are cheap and some riders in this Forum who are using them seem happy.
Try to get bindings which fit the boots very well. Choosing same brand as boots is good.

Patrice Fivat

Looping
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Looping » Wednesday 4 November 2015, 23:06

Hello Tuck. Depending on your feet size(and shape as well) they are still there... :D

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11851&p=119921&hil ... .0#p119921

Thomas.
EC168S/Redline/UPZ RC10 ACSS

Salomon Man's board 156/Salomon Quantum/Nitro Team TLS

Tuck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tuck » Monday 9 November 2015, 19:09

Thank you for your answers!

Looping: Unfortunately, yours are too small for me :(

Fivat: Wouldn't the Moto be too soft for carving? They are at 3/10 on the stifness scale

Philippe

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Monday 9 November 2015, 21:56

Hello Philippe,

It depends on the riders. With our push-pull technique, one doesn't really need stiff boots if one pushes at the proper moment, and pulls at the right moment.
As I'm also a kitesurfer and wakeboarder, maybe I'm used to soft setup. Other riders may prefer stiffer boots, so the best is to rent and test first.
The bindings are also important. Don't choose the cheap plastic ones.

Patrice Fivat