DGSS info

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Aracan
Rank 4
Rank 4

DGSS info

Post by Aracan » Tuesday 6 January 2015, 15:10

Hello all,
I noticed there is a new spring system for UPZ around, the DGSS. I'd love to learn more about it - availability, price, performance etc.
Unfortunately, my Italian is less than brilliant. Can anyone help me out with more information?
THX in advance, Stefan

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Blitz » Tuesday 6 January 2015, 17:54

 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: DGSS info

Post by Hans » Tuesday 6 January 2015, 19:42

????? The boots of UPZ has their own springsystem which functions very well to me. No need for another springsystem or..........

Aracan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Aracan » Wednesday 7 January 2015, 9:15

Yes, they have a spring system. However, at 70 kg I find the stock springs rather stiff - and of course the stroke is very short compared to aftermarket systems.

gio 73
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by gio 73 » Wednesday 7 January 2015, 21:26

Hans wrote:????? The boots of UPZ has their own springsystem which functions very well to me. No need for another springsystem or..........
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I do not know if you make EC, but all the boots for EC have springs system that allow great flexibility ...Acss ( by Arnaud) for UPZ , DGSS(by drupi) for Upz and Acss(by Abrax) for Deelux..!! :rules:
Coiler ECVC 168 Evo , Swoard EC Pro 168 M #00230# ,
Upz RC10+ DGSS ( by Drupi )
PHK 69,5

drupi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drupi » Wednesday 7 January 2015, 23:40

Hello ARCAN.
I saw your topic.
The DGSS is designed for those who make estremecarvig, with flex very important
Video of the flex

the particularity of the DGSS is that is mounted in place of the original one in 10 minutes.
no hole in the boot, not Modifications
This is the video of assembly

the price is € 60 + SS
see the video, if interested please contact me
email drupi.work@alice.it

PS: sorry for the translation with google traslator, Hello Drupi
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ciao ARCAN .
ho visto il tuo topic.
Il DGSS è ideato per chi fa estremecarvig, con flex molto importante
video del flex

la particolarita del dgss è che si monta al posto di quello originale in 10 minuti .
non si buca nello scarpone , non modifich
questo è il video del montaggio

il prezzo è 60 € + s.s
quarda i video , se interessato contattami
e-mail drupi.work@alice.it

P.S:scusami per la traduzione con google traslator , Ciao Drupi
Attachments
DSC00472.JPG

Aracan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Aracan » Thursday 8 January 2015, 14:35

Thank you for the info! I will get back to you as soon as things have become more relaxed at home :roll:

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Friday 9 January 2015, 20:48

gio 73 wrote:
Hans wrote:????? The boots of UPZ has their own springsystem which functions very well to me. No need for another springsystem or..........
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I do not know if you make EC, but all the boots for EC have springs system that allow great flexibility ...Acss ( by Arnaud) for UPZ , DGSS(by drupi) for Upz and Acss(by Abrax) for Deelux..!! :rules:
Can be different for anyone :wink: . May be my muscles are strong enough and my weight is high enough to flex my boots enough. I have too much flex in my UPZ boots. I even want them stiffer.

EC? yes sometimes but with small width boards.

drupi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drupi » Friday 9 January 2015, 21:49

Hans wrote:Can be different for anyone :wink: . May be my muscles are strong enough and my weight is high enough to flex my boots enough. I have too much flex in my UPZ boots. I even want them stiffer.

EC? yes sometimes but with small width boards.
hello Hans
your snowboard? _______________________________
Your weight? _______________________________
your height? _______________________________

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 13 January 2015, 8:38

And bindings angles...
The higher the angles, the stiffer the boots.
Hans wrote:EC? yes sometimes but with small width boards.
This is not EC. The word EC is overused (and also recently used by some brands for marketing purpose) when people are just talking about "carving hard", or "carving aggressive with some inclination", or "carving in counter-rotation with the hand touching the snow".

This has already been written many times:
fivat wrote:The word "extremecarving" was invented in this Web site 13 years ago (well, not the words "extreme" and "carving") to give a name to the recognizable Swoard style described here in details (wide boards + lower angle bindings + flat bindings + modified boots + rotation technique + push-pull + steep slopes + fully laid and linked turns, etc.). The word "extremecarving" was criticized at start but now we see "EC" everywhere. Maybe we should write "Swoard-EC" to make a difference and a comeback to the original definition.
"Je suis Swoard" :tongue:

Patrice Fivat

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Tuesday 13 January 2015, 21:05

Or just even better FIVAT EC :wink:

I may call my lay downs whatever I want :badgrin: :tongue:

Just serious: I like some resistance in my boots. Not that sloppy or soft feeling that you have with those custom spring systems I have ridden. It' s just not to my liking.

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Tuesday 13 January 2015, 21:38

Hans wrote: It' s just not to my liking.
Better my friend, much better :-)

You are right, you call it as you wish... I know many guys who ride their car describing this as "racing" even when they've never ever tasted anything like race in their life.

But let's call things as they should be called :-) EC is overused that's a fact.
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 13 January 2015, 23:02

Hans wrote:I may call my lay downs whatever I want :badgrin: :tongue:
Precisely, please don't call EC what is not fully laid (and linked) with the technique & style which we have defined as EC, except if you still want to troll all Forum worldwide. :tongue:
And don't call your narrow board, or race board, etc. an EC board when it is not developed & optimized for the Swoard-EC technique.
Hans wrote:Just serious: I like some resistance in my boots.
I'm not surprised and I understand. You missed the beginning of my preceding message. The narrow boards require higher bindings angles. The rider is more in the axis of the board and boots are thus stiffer, a bit like for the skiers, because the forces of legs have different directions.
Simply many people here don't like such setup for our technique & style, which is more based on surf technique (no boots ;-)). We play more with the toes and heels, like the surfers. Note that some racers are also coming to lower bindings angles and softer setup. 8)
There is no problem to ride the way you want (I was racing in the past), but please tolerate people who prefer soft setup. We saw recently where intolerance and fanaticism (from people who think their "truth" is the good one) is leading sometimes. 8O

Patrice Fivat

drupi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drupi » Friday 16 January 2015, 0:22

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rd-prop
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rd-prop » Thursday 29 January 2015, 11:15

hello everyone,
I read a lot ... topics in French and English on the various systems ACSS and/or BTS ecc. but mechanically speaking, I can not understand why they cut boots, moving the buckles to get more flexibility of the boots and then they add a spring that contrasts this flexibility.
I could tell if the spring would serve to draw the boot in a neutral position after being bent, but the spring works in compression (in traction only in a solution that I have seen) and consequently it opposes the bending.
I have seen on you tube EC ( for Patrice ... lay down linked turns :D ) with soft boots that are free of various devices.

Can anyone explain me what I did not understand this mechanism? :wall:

Sorry for my poor English and thanks to google translator :lol:
thanks to all
Le conoscenze acquisite sono proporzionali al danno prodotto !!!
(esperienza personale ...)