Extremecarver gen4 or pro

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

jota
Rank 1
Rank 1

Extremecarver gen4 or pro

Post by jota » Friday 5 December 2014, 12:34

Hi,

I´m thinking to buy a new swoard. I already have one extremecarver.

But i would like to know the differences between the gen4 and the pro?. Can anybody explain which are the differences between this two boards?

Thanks!

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Extremecarver gen4 or pro

Post by fivat » Friday 5 December 2014, 18:48

You could use Google translator on www.swoard.com while waiting for a better translation! ;-)

Well, beside joking, this can't be summarized in a few sentences, sorry. Construction, behavior, shape, ... there are some similarities and some big differences.
In any case, we highly recommend the Gen4 for people who want to progress at EC, from beginner to expert. This board is awesome and we are working on a Gen5 for the future (probably in 2 seasons, when differences will be big enough to justify a new Gen: we don't rename boards or change top sheet for marketing, this is not our spirit and ethics).

The Extremecarver Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 and Gen4 have brought many people to EC. I'm still surprised how my Gen4 is sweet and how it closes the turns so well (but without locking the rider into the turn: one can still control the turn, change the radius of turn, etc. and recover easily). All this with our EC ride technique (rotation, push-pull, etc.) by which and for which the board has been developed.

The Extremecarver Pro is for the advanced riders and extremecarvers, or the people who want a bit more, especially on the ice or heterogeneous surfaces. We didn't want to follow some other brands in the use of "Titanal", like fashion (note that metal has been used for decades in the ski industry). Thus we have taken several years (first proto was made in 2008) to test other ideas and develop our own innovative technology Metal ATC Matrix, which is really different of "standard" metal constructions, to keep the advantages and not the disadvantages of metal.

The Gen4 has Carbon ATC Matrix, and thus it has a different personality.
Finally it's like women: sometimes it's hard to choose... So the best is to take both. ;-)

Patrice Fivat

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Friday 5 December 2014, 19:58

fivat wrote: Finally it's like women: sometimes it's hard to choose... So the best is to take both. ;-)
You have two women ?? 8O 8O 8)
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Saturday 6 December 2014, 9:42

joemzl wrote:You have two women ?? 8O 8O 8)
:silenced: :wink: :D

Patrice Fivat

tali

Post by tali » Monday 8 December 2014, 23:41

"A gentleman would never risk a lady's reputation...unless, of course, he is most ardently...in love."
No question, Patrice is in love both with Gen4 and Pro :bravo: