Feedback on the Swoard Extremecarver Pro

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Frabass
Rank 5
Rank 5

Feedback on the Swoard Extremecarver Pro

Post by Frabass » Monday 2 December 2013, 21:48

• [EDIT - December 2014] by the moderators

In this thread we have moved the impressions of the first riders on Extremecarver Pro.
    If you had the chance of getting this model for you too, with proper size and flex, feel free to post your comments below. 8)

Ideally, the best is to test the board during several days, on different snow qualities and on different slope steepnesses.
    What were your impressions about the purchase service? How does the Pro work for you? What are the differences with other models like Gen4?
    What surprised you? What were your settings? Etc.

Thank you! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
today I tested my new Extremecarver PRO, and, for the moment, I could say only one thing:
It is AMAZING!!!
I found it a little bit more hard then my Gen 4 (and for this reason I think that the radius is a bit more wide) but in the mean time I found it more doughy; in fact when the slope is not so good (I mean ice sheets and little snowdrifts) it doesn’t transmit any vibration so riding is very comfortable at all time!
It give his maximum performance on the steep slopes, lot of stability even if my position on the board not always is perfect, especially in backside and the nose is very stable also at high speed.
But, the biggest difference that I found between this board and the GEN 4 is that the pro model allow you to lay down for “more” time, I mean that you can easily stay down for 4/5 seconds without decreasing the speed, even if the slope is not so steep! Very good sensation!
For the moment these are my sensations, I will keep u posted after the next riding!
Ciao!
Swoard EC PRO 168H #00083

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Extremecarver PRO, first impressions

Post by starikashka » Friday 6 December 2013, 9:26

Thanks for the feedback, Frabass.

Most interesting is a laydown time. It looks that new board allow you to manage the arc radius when you lay down. Did you try gen4 of different stiffnes than yours?
i`m learning

Frabass
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Frabass » Sunday 8 December 2013, 19:46

No, I ever have used the H flex in the Gen3 and 4.
I think that the Pro model is a little bit more stiff than the Gen4, but at the same time more manageable.
Swoard EC PRO 168H #00083

starcarver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by starcarver » Monday 16 December 2013, 22:05

where can i buy the Extremecarver PRO

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Post by nils » Tuesday 17 December 2013, 17:10

Online www.swoard.com from 6th January 2014, along to the last news. With the Christmas rush it's not possible right now.

olive
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by olive » Monday 23 December 2013, 22:14

I am lucky to be one of the few owners of the new model (thanks Patrice!).
I have been riding on it for 2 days now, in less than perfect conditions due to the lack of snow and the above normal temperature (in Zinal), meaning artificial snow.
Using my older Gen 3 I would have stopped extreme carving much sooner in the day as the slopes got worse. I can only repeat what I said when I tested the prototype:
olive wrote: The board rides so smoothly that it dampens all the irregularities on the slope. Using Gen3, I feel the board jerking, with this new model, you have the feeling your are riding on velvet. That feeling is independent of the slope, riding a flat track or a steep one like the Barthelemy, and independent of the speed.
EC style seems easier, the board is incredibly stable, and doesn't deviate once on it's trajectory. It has much less tendency to hop. When carving aggressively on flatter slopes at high speed, it is so stable it feels much more secure.
(Full text here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10974)

Patrice made me aware of another amazing feature: their "dynamic rocker" concept.
That means when tilting the board on edge, the whole length of the board bites in the snow.
But if you carve on flatter slopes, the first 10 cm. of the front edge are not biting (you can see it clearly while riding; for obvious reasons I can't tell about the back :wink: ), meaning you can do very quick edge to edge turns (just like a narrower board).
The best of both worlds! :pray2:
Swoard EC Pro2 168H
Swell Panik Magistral 185

Surfing is life, the rest is details

mänix
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mänix » Tuesday 7 January 2014, 19:53

Hi all,

after my short feedback in the German forum (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11128&start=30) I would like to comment my first impressions of the new Extremecarver Pro in this post.

During the Demo-Tour at Hintertux I've got the chance to ride the new Swoard model with Metal ATC Matrix ... thanks a lot Arnaud! Although the 168 H actually was too short for me and I made only two short downhill runs, the difference to my Gen3 and the multiply tested Gen4 was huge: In my opinion the EC Pro is much more smoothly and straight than the “standard board”, especially in turns with a higher speed. The board seems to be unbelievable stable and feels much more secure.

On the other hand the EC Pro looks very uncompromising: Riding mistakes it would accept very reluctantly :snooty: ... the turns should be driven reasonably accurate … if not :tongue: But a perfect ride is our shared aim, isn't it? :mrgreen:
So the simply conclusion is: I NEED THIS BOARD!

Ciao & see you at Zinal!
Manni
Bitte helfen Sie mir in der Kurve nicht auf ... auch nicht danach!
Swoard EC Pro 175H / HEAD Stratos

sorro
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by sorro » Tuesday 14 January 2014, 0:30

I was able to test it during last week end... at last...
I started the day with my Gen4 and then switch to the Pro model on the same slope, after the first run I did not notice huge changes, which upset a bit Patrice :tongue: , but I have to say that the snow was just perfect, on a not very steep slope... even a Coiler would have done the job.. he he... I'm only joking Guys... :evil2:
Nevertheless, I started to feel slightly that the board was less tending to naturally end the turn going up hill.

Then we went on a steeper slope and moreover that one was not groomed during the night, and then .... whaaoooo.. 8O .... amazing how the board stick to the slope, the fact that the board does not end the turn in the same way as on Gen4 give me a full control on when I want to switch the edge, this means as well that the board tends to be faster, and you need to adjust your turns to have the speed you want. I really like riding it, this impression to have really a end to end control on it, of your ride.
Really a great board and it was difficult for me to give it back to Juju after few runs...

"Bref je vais m'acheter une Pro"

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

:-p

Post by The Blitz » Tuesday 14 January 2014, 17:45

sorro wrote:Really a great board and it was difficult for me to give it back to Juju after few runs...

"Bref je vais m'acheter une Pro"
:chinese:
 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

EXtremeBrooklyn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by EXtremeBrooklyn » Tuesday 14 January 2014, 22:01

Question, for us East Coast riders in USA what flex will we need? Presently I have Gen 3rd H 175cm.
SWOARD 175 H, Dual 175, UPZ RC10 orange, Burton 180 Super Model

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 14 January 2014, 22:43

@EXtremeBrooklyn:
We worked to calibrate the various boards and to make same tables of flex choice for the Pro as the Gen4. Thus as always at Swoard, the flex choice is not a question of personal taste, but a question of rider's weight.
However, if you often have hard snow (like on East Coast) and if your weight is on the borderline between two choices of flex, you definitely should select the softest flex. Please check our tables. 8)

@sorro:
We are happy that you and the other advanced riders appreciate the board and feel what it can bring to your level. The program and the goal of the board are thus confirmed. :D
The Gen4 is still an amazing board (people who have Gen3 should really test Gen4!) and I still like riding it beside the Pro. I experienced that the Gen4 makes it a bit easier to close the turns (but it's not locked!), what is excellent for people progressing in EC as well as for the experts.
Both boards have different characters and should not be opposed... They are both amazing in their programs and specificities.

Patrice Fivat

tali

Post by tali » Thursday 23 January 2014, 3:32

I touched it today! Actually, pictures do not reveal how greatly it looks! Unfortunately, could not try it because it was an 168H... given that my flex should be 161XS :D

Matti
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Matti » Thursday 23 January 2014, 22:25

Couple days with Pro - I like it :chinese: .
Pro 2
Complete

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

?

Post by The Blitz » Friday 24 January 2014, 10:55

:bravo:
It's seems the snow is a little bit soft ?
 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

Matti
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: ?

Post by Matti » Friday 7 February 2014, 12:12

The Blitz wrote: :bravo:
It's seems the snow is a little bit soft ?
Heheh - it was not just a visual efect :silly: .
Pro 2
Complete