Extreme Carver or DUAL?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

dedicatedgoofy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Extreme Carver or DUAL?

Post by dedicatedgoofy » Sunday 4 November 2012, 17:23

Hi guys, lonnng time no speak.
I'm living in Vaud again (spent the last 3 years in Sydney, AU) and am determined to get this carving thing happening this winter. I purchased a SWOARD EC 2D approx 4 years ago and for a number of reasons (most likely a lack of talent!), never got closer to using it 'en force'. I'm wondering if it's just too much board for my level of 'skill' on groomed slopes.. So far, I've not intentionally made it off-piste.

Here's my question - Is the DUAL positioned more towards the broader, lower level of skills carving board riding market that the EC 2D? One reason I ask is that I've lot's of comment about the 2D that it's a Ferrari and I need something simpler.

Rgds....

John B

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Extreme Carver or DUAL?

Post by fivat » Sunday 4 November 2012, 17:57

Hello John,

Yes, the DUAL has a wider program and you could use it with soft boots too.

Concerning your Extremecarver, "force" is not really required. Maybe you should choose a softer flex, or change something in your setting, or try our technique of ride (which doesn't require "force" if you have the proper rhythm and synchronization in "push-pull").

Since you live in Vaud, Switzerland, you can easily visit us in Zinal (1h20 by car). 8) This is Swoard home and one of the Test Centers (click here). There you could test other flex, as well as a DUAL, and get some tips on the snow. Simply contact us at the address given in the list of Centers.

Patrice Fivat

dedicatedgoofy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dedicatedgoofy » Monday 5 November 2012, 23:05

Hi Patrice. I'm sure my issue is one of technique and also thinkmaybe a softer flex would have been a better idea when I first bought the board. I'll definitely take you up on the offer of a Test ride and 'on slope tips' one weekend. Is there a calendar of weekends when you run these events?

J

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 6 November 2012, 0:23

The Test Centers are working all season! :D One only needs to contact the person in the resort before coming. For Zinal, it's me. :-)

During the events of the Swoard Demo Tour, you can meet the team and many riders, so you won't feel alone. 8) You can get tips, lessons, etc. so you progress quicker.

The dates of the SDT 2013 are going to be published in a few days.
The main event will take place in Zinal: the 10th Swoard ExtremeCarving Session, January 26th to 28th 2013. This will be the 10 years anniversary of both the brand and the event.

See you soon John!