help with pomas and t bars

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: help with pomas and t bars

Post by keepTheSport » Sunday 20 May 2012, 22:10

TransistorR...i was given an explanation of what you were trying to say re pushing/lifting toes by Kieran when i bumped into him today at Cairngorm :)

I was also given a demo :mrgreen: ...so i shall be doing some toe/heel drills... back to the beginning again for me... :roll:

Cheers for trying to help :D

...today, blue sky, no wind, soft snow...meant an easy time on t bar for me...what a great day :clap2:
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Sunday 20 May 2012, 22:21

We're all still learning, this is something that I still must learn when I get to steeper terrain. Still I feel I'm improving.

Oh, and the Argentina trip still seems to be happening, but I think I'll have to leave my gear and rent something there locally....
Fridgecarver

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Tuesday 22 May 2012, 20:49

TransistorR, maybe a dumb question but hey ho..what's the Argentina trip :?: ...a bunch of guys doing the 'football thing' OR..
...being heli dropped on tons of powder... :D
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Wednesday 23 May 2012, 18:34

I dare say...bibi Cairngorm :( ...what a hot day today and still boiling up here...rapid melt...so sad...

On alpine board..t bar still easy on such soft snow but downhill...whooaa...nose divng, almost a front flip onto my back.. 8O ...good way to understand how board works...thought best to go on softboots...turning board alright ...just too soft snow...carving into rocks...

...paid attention to pushing/ lifting toes ...worked on softboard but my feet swim about in hardboots 8O ...need to cook some liners...

Well thanks for eveyones help :D done as much as i could in such a short space of time... :silly:
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!