ECS 05 > THANK YOU to all participants!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Thursday 3 February 2005, 21:13

Wow, 8O :D it makes me wish even more that i could have come this year.

Wich wasn't truly necessary :cry:
Swoard 168M / Undertaker 185 + F2 Race Ti + tuned Raichle 324
Resorts : St Lary / Peyragudes / La Thuile
Carver toute l'année : carveboard.fr

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

On knees

Post by nils » Thursday 3 February 2005, 21:16

On knees thanking you all for your pics, now i would like to put most of them on ec.com gallery! So still awaiting for those files :=)
I can download them from each but it is slow!!

Congrats for the pics, makes me want to buy a good digital cam!!!

I wish i was on more pics hehe !

Nils

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Thursday 3 February 2005, 22:09

I wish i was on more pics hehe !
OK, but only this time :D i cropped two pics of you, they are now end of gallery.
Rest will be done and sent to you when we are back home again.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Have a nice Trip

Post by skywalker » Friday 4 February 2005, 6:15

Pokkis.

Have a nice Trip to Opdal! I wish, I could come with you, can't wait for beeing on the slopes again! So please Tell the snow, that I miss ist ;)

regards

Tom
free extreme carving

Alex

brokenalex

Post by Alex » Friday 4 February 2005, 11:39

Hi to all, my experience with you was wonderfull also if i lost my shoulder for a mounth :angry: :cry: , i have learned more in two days that in many years... and i'm sure that the next time i will be a little more prudent :roll:

thanks still... good carving to all :twisted: :twisted:
Attachments
brokenalex.jpg
brokenalex.jpg (36.7 KiB) Viewed 18399 times

Alissa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alissa » Friday 4 February 2005, 12:37

Hello together

I just want to say thanx to you all. First to Nils, Patrice and Jaques. It was a real nice weekend. Just like holidays. And I learned a lot. It was nice to see so many carver.

And then thanx to all who did just so nice pics. (jokke and vkrouverk and pokkis) You did quite a good job.
@jeanma: I can´t open your file.

@pokkis: have nice holidays!!! And just wheather like in Zinal - sun and really blue sky.

Alissa

jeanma
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jeanma » Friday 4 February 2005, 14:41

Alyssa, forget the link, I made a mystake :oops: . I sent my pics to Nils and he will put the one's he likes on the galerie?
See ya

Freeky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Freeky » Friday 4 February 2005, 22:33

Thanks to all for agian a wonderful session. Naturally many many thanks to Nils, Jacques and Patrice for organising. It was good to see many of last years ECS and to meet many new people. The photo's look great! Got home on Thursday morning and already want to go back to Zinal.

Indeed it was cold but the sun and good snow made up for it. For some unknown reason the conditions are even better the day after the ECS.

For everyone who is wondering why mr. Skywalker is in the photo's, it is because he likes to get noticed. 8) I completely agree with that attitude, although I am not as succesful. It probably helps if I improve my technique :wink:

See you all next year!!!!

tigger
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tigger » Saturday 5 February 2005, 14:02

For everyone who is wondering why mr. Skywalker is in the photo's, it is because he likes to get noticed. I completely agree with that attitude,
:wink: you mean like doing vitellyturns infront of the liftlines and beginnerclasses and cameras? :lol:
...well everyone has to do ones duty to promote the sport :wink:
ps. pic#9 in jokkes galery proofs that it was realy wort the effort :bravo:
life is more than avoiding death

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Sunday 6 February 2005, 21:55

Hello,

Thanks from me as well, especially to Jacques, Patrice and Nils, but as well to all the participants who made it such a unique session! I am looking forward to the next meeting and getting together soon with some of the people I met there. I will not be much on the slopes due to exams, but in March I will come back :).

All the best,

Eduard.
--
Swoard 175M 0048

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

For/für/pour/para/dlja all the lazy people

Post by vkrouverk » Tuesday 8 February 2005, 22:00

Hi all extreme carvers and happy new year! (At least for me count goes from one ECS to other 8) from now on!)
For all those, mentioned in subject, i.e. who are too lazy like me :) to click through 100+ of my pics from Zinal, I created slideshow, which does it more or less automatically instead. If you are ready to sacrifice some quality (420x280 resolution pics, heavily packed), have 'disadvantage' to see Windows media files (I compressed it with MS Windows Media Video 9. I wanted to create also MOV file, but seems like Apple doesn't know, that there exists such country as Estonia, so I wasn't able to purchase QT Pro, yet) and are ready to listen crappy soundtrack (I wanted this slideshow to be free of any (C) problems, so I hacked together something which could be called "soundtrack" in FL Studio. But this should be taken with heavy reservations :twisted: , so if you have any musical education, PLEASE, skip it, as I don't know Jack about composition and this "soundtrack" probably brokes every known and unknown rule about composition. And then some more :lol: ).
OK, enough excuses, here is the link (total size ca. 4.3 MB):
http://web.starman.ee/vkrouverk/zinal/zinal.avi
Converting potential energy to kinetic..

Udo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Udo » Tuesday 8 February 2005, 22:52

I'm fascinated by the videos on this site. But I can't find any videos or images of anyone extremecarving except Patrice and Jacques anywhere. Could someone point me to any image from the 2005 ECS that shows proper extremecarving style?

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Wednesday 9 February 2005, 0:06

vkrouverk,

Nice pic's presentation! :bravo:

Sito
Ride hard;100% fun

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hi Udo

Post by skywalker » Wednesday 9 February 2005, 8:26

Hi Udo.

Welcome to our beautyful virtual carving world! Nice, that you found us! I hope, you can profite from the advices and information given here, like most of us already did (i.e. me!).

Where do you come from? If you live in Europe, why didn't you join us and see those whom I would call "advanced learners" with your own eyes doing proper Extremecarving? Maybe next year? I guess, there will be a Video made by Pokkis again this year, so be patient ;). But if you visit the galleries already shown, you will for sure see some nice EC pics :)

Best regards

Tom
Udo wrote:I'm fascinated by the videos on this site. But I can't find any videos or images of anyone extremecarving except Patrice and Jacques anywhere. Could someone point me to any image from the 2005 ECS that shows proper extremecarving style?
free extreme carving

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Pics

Post by István » Thursday 10 February 2005, 13:59

Nils, how is it going with the photo album? Can't wait to see them all!

Cheers,

István