Help me choose my Swoard Extreme Carver

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

iceaxe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Help me choose my Swoard Extreme Carver

Post by iceaxe » Wednesday 9 November 2011, 3:59

I finally saved up the $$$ and I going to get an Extreme Carver and I having a little trouble deciding on the size.

According to the Swoard website:

My boot: Raichle SB323 with Abrax's system-- length of sole = 30.5 cm (these boots have been ground out to fit my foot.
I am 177.8 cm tall
I weigh 72 kg.

According to the website I should be on a soft 175cm board. This seems huge! My current ride is a burton ultra prime 162.
I have been "hard booting" for more than 10 years and my goal is to use this board primarily for extreme carving.

Any advice would sincerely appreciated.

Amadeo
Swoard 168M, Raichle SB323 w/ACSS via Abrax, Burton Step in race (non-intec).

Syldavid
Swoard team
Swoard team

Re: Help me choose my Swoard Extreme Carver

Post by Syldavid » Wednesday 9 November 2011, 7:05

Sure i think you must use a 168.
the shoes are not so big.

And later if you will change shoes, you can take shoes smaller.
Pro1 168H - Dual 168 - Stoke 162H

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Wednesday 9 November 2011, 13:36

I would take 168 M without thinking more about.
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 9 November 2011, 14:00

iceaxe wrote:According to the website I should be on a soft 175cm board. This seems huge! My current ride is a burton ultra prime 162.
I have been "hard booting" for more than 10 years and my goal is to use this board primarily for extreme carving.
This table should be modified for some brands. Deeluxe/Raichle tends to be bigger than all other brands.
Myself I'm 42-43 (Mondo size 27) and my Northwave boots (the one on the picture) are 30,4 cm. I feel comfortable on 168, and not on 175 (my height is 1m77). Wide boards are great for extremecarving (no boot overhang with low bindings angles - "low" means less than 55° on front foot), but if it's too wide you will have to make too much efforts.

So the 168M will be the best for you.

Patrice Fivat

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Wednesday 9 November 2011, 18:38

You can still gain about 0.3cm on Raichle boots by filing down the soles to be shorter...
Swoard 3D - 168M
http://Openmtbmap.org - get the most popular maps for Mountainbiking in Europe...

iceaxe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iceaxe » Thursday 10 November 2011, 0:08

Thanks everyone, I just ordered my Swoard 168M! I'm pretty sure there is no way I could go smaller with my raichle/deeluxe boots as I have ground quite a bit out of the toe box already. I would like to try some UPZ boots, but for the mean time I will stick with my SB's. You are also right, after carefully examining the toe/heel area of the boots, there is room for the removal of atleast .5 cm. Actually the plastic that houses the heel resistance pin is also uneccessarily large. I also use burton step in race bindings which don't have a standard toe bail, that should also help.

Thanks again!

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Thursday 10 November 2011, 0:12

just be careful not too take away too much, and end up with airy holes... (though I think it is quite easy to spot/notice how much is okay... and you only need to file away what is actually overlapping once boots are in bindings at correct angle, so only on right front corner/left back corner or vice versa for goofy riders)
Swoard 3D - 168M
http://Openmtbmap.org - get the most popular maps for Mountainbiking in Europe...

iceaxe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iceaxe » Tuesday 24 January 2012, 15:00

Just got my extreme carver a week. I was easily able to setup my board with no toe heel drag with raichle boots. 54 deg on front foot and 45 on the rear foot, no drag at all. Now all I need is some decent snow. I have waited 5 years to get my Swoard, and this is the worst winter we've ever had.