New Extremecarver Gen4 > pictures and info

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

New Extremecarver Gen4 > pictures and info

Post by fivat » Monday 24 October 2011, 13:55

We are very excited to introduce the new generation of the famous Extremecarver: the Gen4.

You can see here the first pictures! We hope you will like the graphics, which is as an evolution of Gen3 graphics. The board construction has changed, so it was obvious to modify the outside too.

As usual, we create another thread for your feedbacks and tests which could come on December-January already (see the topic "Feedback on the Swoard Extremecarver Gen4").
  • :arrow: Online orders are possible from 26th October, though some sizes and flexes (the size 161, and the soft flex in all sizes) are still in production. Two workers are making the boards daily in Swiss factory close to Lake Geneva. The first deliveries will be possible within one week.

:arrow: The quasi-custom choice is still unique in the market: 3 sizes and 5 flexes! Choose the best extremecarving board for your height, weight and feet size: you are not like the other riders! The selection tables here have not changed.

:arrow: Detailed info will be updated on the Web site from 26th October. As already explained in another thread, the Extremecarver Gen4 is an evolution of Gen3, as the iPhone G4 is an evolution of G3. The main change concerns the dampening which has been improved, giving more "metal-like" comfort on ice and bad snow. This and other small improvements increase slightly the production cost, but as always we make no compromise.
The Swoard team

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: New Extremecarver Gen4 > pictures and info

Post by starikashka » Monday 24 October 2011, 20:02

is it a same wall that was used as a background for DUAL? :-)

Those white stripes are bit excessive on my taste :-(
i`m learning

vizsyn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vizsyn » Monday 24 October 2011, 21:11

I like the subtle pattern that looks like it came from the DUAL. As far as the stripes go, i don't mind them but I do think that they should have been much thinner for a more subtle look. Having said that, I can't wait to stand on top of one...
Riding softboots since '96. Saw EXTREME OPUS 4 "LIFTED" in 2010... Back to Square 1

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 25 October 2011, 7:46

Yes, the subtle pattern is Dual-like. It plays with the light. We made many tests about the white stripes: too thin was no good. Moreover in action and with the snow covering the board partially they would not be visible.

We got much feedback in French and English by e-mail. We would have preferred people post them in the Forum. Are they too shy when they have positive things to say? (in marketing it's well known that publicly the 5% of people who are not happy express themselves much more than the 95%) Here are some of the English comments which we received.
I love gen4 graphics, seems very aggressive... recall old Ferrari F1 with withe line over red, amazing.
Great job as usual.. very nice looking board.
I like new design of Swoard, looks more elegant!
I think that the new extremecarver top sheet is very nice! It is enough of a change to give a new fresh look, but stays true to the original Swiss Red color. I also like the dots that tie it the Dual and Extremecarver topsheets to each other. Nice changes that I really like! Great work!
Patrice Fivat

vizsyn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vizsyn » Tuesday 25 October 2011, 8:35

At first, I admit I was taken aback by the bold white stripes 8O (I'm used to the simple elegance of the older ExtremeCarvers), but the more I look at it, I admit that those stripes are starting to "grow" on me (American slang for "coming to like" it).

The stripes give the new board a really aggressive, almost "angry" attitude. Even when at rest leaning on a wall, the board looks like it's impatiently waiting to rip carves at Mach 3 :evil2: I suppose the curved nature of the stripes are a tribute to the sharp lines that the board will carve into the piste.

I particularly like the subtle circular "grille" pattern with the SWOARD symbol, definitely my favorite! It reminds me of an engine vent panel on a high-performance sports car. Is it there to help cool the new-gen ATC Matrix revving under the topsheet? :mrgreen:

161M please!!!
Riding softboots since '96. Saw EXTREME OPUS 4 "LIFTED" in 2010... Back to Square 1

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Wednesday 26 October 2011, 22:30

Hi!
I really like the look - stripes make the board more aggressive. He stands - ready to cut the slope of the edges - a real snowy samurai sword - katana - :chinese: :clap:
mirek
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...

tali

Post by tali » Wednesday 26 October 2011, 23:19

I am really impressed how this board looks classic, sporty, elegant, and chic - at the same time! Very neat! :clap3:
I will need to change my whole wardrobe to ensure a good match :silly:

dblbasscleph
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dblbasscleph » Thursday 27 October 2011, 4:34

Its October 27th :D .... What is the price? Can we get some details on the science behind the improvements? I like the look of it though :)

vizsyn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vizsyn » Thursday 27 October 2011, 6:10

The ultimate question... How much??? :?: I have a credit card burning a hole in my pocket :evil2:

Nyphel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nyphel » Thursday 27 October 2011, 11:27

Yes, I'm also waiting for the price ! :pray:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 27 October 2011, 11:28

On 26th October we placed the 168M, 168H and 175M in the warehouse as planned! This is the rush but we are excited. The other sizes and flexes will be progressively transferred from the factory to the warehouse. The first shipping will be made next Tuesday on 1st November.

The Web site info is being updated today. Thanks for your patience.
The price has been slightly increased because of the higher production cost related to the board improvements. It should have been a higher price increase because the Euro currency is weak (the boards are produced in Switzerland which is not in the European Community). But we don't want that the customers pay for the economic crisis.
As usual, the rebates for fidelity or quantities are -10% and they can be added.

The shops and dealers could deliver the boards at the end of November or at the beginning of December. Direct purchase is available from today!

The Swoard team

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Thursday 27 October 2011, 14:14

Congrats, nice looking board! :bravo:

hugo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hugo » Thursday 27 October 2011, 15:29

This is a great news, many Russian carvers are waiting for their new board!
And congratulations!!!!!
www.swoard.ru

If your work prevents you from carving, quit your work.

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Friday 28 October 2011, 10:16

Congratulations to the Swoard team, board looks great, i like the new design. Cant wait to give it a testride in Zinal at the ECS.
All the best guys.
Brand doesn´t matter, the spirit does!