Swoard length and flex ques

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

chotoboydave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Swoard length and flex ques

Post by chotoboydave » Sunday 20 February 2011, 2:28

I'm 5"6" or 168cm and weigh 77kg, my boots are 26, so torn between going to the 168 as I'm on the shorter side. I would like a softer board currently riding a harder 166 Coiler. So should I get the 168M or 161M?

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Monday 14 March 2011, 20:55

Hi "chotoboydave" !

Although I am a beginner - I answer, because no one will give advice and I know how much you needs member of the community.

You should choose the size according to the recommendations of the team SWOARD.

Here is the link:

https://www.extremecarving.com/swoard/choose.html

I understand your concern - I had a similar problem.
If you want advice I will answer that I would choose 161H, because:

1. this will help you learn driving
2. your body weight is 77 (this is >66kg)
3. shoes 26 will be ok! (width of board 210 mm). However, if you want to be sure, draw two lines on a sheet of 210 mm apart and attitudes between the shoe into the smallest angle

I think Swoard 168M is for you too long.

If the experts will think otherwise it will improve me.

Cheers :wink:

mirekd

Ps. My data at the end. My choice Swoard 161h
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Monday 14 March 2011, 21:32

Just by looking at the following page: https://www.extremecarving.com/swoard/choose.html it will become obvious that for you the best size would be a 161

The only thing I question is the stiffness/flex, as you can see at the mentioned page a Hard flex would be best for you. I've seen people in this forum chosing a less stiffer flex even though the table says something different and they experience very good results, so that would be my advise to you to ask this community.

and
mirekd wrote:... - I answer, because no one will give advice and I know how much you needs member of the community. ...
Sorry mate, this is for sure not true. This community is just getting bigger and bigger the past years because of this forum. People who somehow get to see a swoard, see someone riding a swoard, see a movie regarding extreme carving end up at this forum and all want to know more will most of the time get helped if they have specific questions.
Regarding the question "chotoboydave" wrote, this info can easily be found on the site itself or by searching within this forum
I've been to several ECS meetings now and have seen friendships which started at this forum, and by commenting this way (and just registered a week ago) it's easy to lose credit so please keep that in mind for your next comment
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Monday 14 March 2011, 22:17

Hi !

I will remember! :?
Absolutely not want to offend anyone - I apologize if it offended!
But the goal accomplished - is an expert answer ! :wink:

Greetings !

mirek

Ps. I think that my text has been incorrectly written, and hence the problem.
mirekd wrote: Although I'm a beginner - I answer, because no one will give advice and I know how much you needs member of the community.
It would to better ? : Although I'm a beginner - I answer, because no answer and I know how much its needs a new member of the community.
In short: there was no response for almost three weeks, so I answered.
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...