Best soft bindings for Dual?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

stemesca
Rank 0
Rank 0

Best soft bindings for Dual?

Post by stemesca » Monday 10 January 2011, 12:33

Hi,

I am 180cm and 78kg and I will buy DUAL 168.

Which are the best soft bindings for this board?

I like carving! My aim is "laid down turns" but I don't know if it is possibile with softboots...

Thank you!

nakaniko
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by nakaniko » Monday 10 January 2011, 14:27

I always used to carve in softboots with serious freeride boards like Nitro Supernaturals 163 and especially Nitro Torque 164 (bx shape, effective edge 135, +7-8 than a twintip shaped board) and sometime F2 Lancelot 172
On this second I use Flow Nxt-Fx over Palmer Power base.
On the other two I still use light and responsive old metal Flow from 1999 (last metal serie until NXT series but first already with metal wire). It is not (only) for quick entrance, it's especially for power directly but smoothly trasmitted by the wire to the middle front section of the binding. For comparison, carving in softboots with the critical F2 Lancelot was uncomfortable wit traditional K2 Magma V10 or 12, magnesiom base.
Hope can help
Burton Speed Wide 168 - Nitro Shogun 168, Torque 164, Slash 171, etc. - snowboarder and windsurfer

stemesca
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by stemesca » Monday 10 January 2011, 18:39

@nakaniko

Thank you for your exhaustive explanation!

I have been using Flow bindings with F2 EliminatorIII with great satisfaction since 2001 and it is now time to take new board and bindings.
Do you know Nidecker Carbon bindings?
I agree with you about Flow but they are not so much used by boardercrossers and they need control and speed, what do you think about?

nakaniko
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by nakaniko » Monday 10 January 2011, 22:23

I don't know much about boardercross aka snowboardcross competitions, as I'm a simple freerider who want to get the best on the fileds I use to ride. I only remembere many years ago in Revelstoke - BC - Canada - that me and a friend of mine we were the first to run down to the slopes 5-6 mt of fresh snow!) both with flowbindings, others had rackets locked and useless because of the (real!) powder and cold, not to talk about the so called step-in bindings like clicker and switch....
Fastec By snowpro seems to me a good system, not or not only because the flow-style back in, but especially because you can use again one of the systems I'm missing more, the lever racket instead of the piumping racket that I've always disliked a lot
In any case: metal metal metal and adjustable rear arch (?) not fixed like Burton
But in the end all is about personal feelings and opinions.
Waitn for other experts to suggest you more solutions
(Ma varda ti che ne toca parlar inglese fra Venessia e Padova, me vien da rider, ma ze giusto, ze un forum internasional)
Burton Speed Wide 168 - Nitro Shogun 168, Torque 164, Slash 171, etc. - snowboarder and windsurfer

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Tuesday 11 January 2011, 11:51

Bindings of note:
Nidecker legend - rebranded 900. Heard only good things about it.
Flow NXT - easy entry, unimpressed with build quality.
Catek FR2 (especially the ones with carbon highback) - probably the stiffest softboot binding in existence, very expensive and almost impossible to get (company doesn't respond to email, phone call or existing order). Has built-in can't and lift adjustment mechanism. Also a bit heavy.
Burton CO2/C60 - very comfortable and very light, has probably the best ankle strap in the industry. Uncertain about durability. I had no prob with my one but I don't use it all the time.
Swoard 168M&S / Dual 158
TD3SW /F2 / Ibex
Stratos / RC10 / T700