I've tested a SWOARD

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

I've tested a SWOARD

Post by Brazilian Carver » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 12:36

Hello everybody,

I wanted to share with you all, the feelings and sensations I have had riding a SWOARD for the very first time.

It all hapenned yesterday, Nils was going to Megève with a couple of test boards, so I decided to go there and give it a TRY :lol: I am not an experient boarder at all ( first time I have touched the snow was 3 years ago ) but after reading this forum many times I had this NEED to try this so famous board.

I had a 175M, and the first thing that I liked was that the angles Nils proposed me were almost 15° smaller than the ones I am used to have on my board.

On piste, I have to say that the SWOARD is a very comfortable and easy board to ride, It really feels like a freeride when you're just cruising ( not carving ). GREAT FEELING. For those who ask themselves if the SWOARD is also an adapted board to beginners or intermediates, my answer would be YES, you don't need to be a MASTER to ride it. By other hand, I've seen Nils riding I can tell you that for the MASTER RIDERS the board is also adapted.

When CARVING, the board is also an excelent " weapon ", I spent the whole day following the " trails " that Nils left on the snow ( mainly on his front side turns :lol: ). really HUGE trails.... 8O . Skiers and Snowboarders look impressed by the style ( when watching Nils of course :oops: ) We have even met another SWOARD rider in a lift, and he was also very happy with the board.

I would like to thank Nils for giving me the chance to try a SWOARD, and to congratulate the whole SWOARD TEAM for their excelent PRODUCT.
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil
Favorite Spot : Les Contamines

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hehe :)

Post by nils » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 13:11

I swear i did NOT pay him!

Nils

Brazilian Carver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: hehe :)

Post by Brazilian Carver » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 13:22

nils wrote:I swear i did NOT pay him!

Nils
That's right, I have forgotten the main thing...
My point of view is a Natural and spontaneous way to thank & congratulate the SWOARD TEAM.
I have not been asked in any moment to write any comments about my experience.
But Nils, if next time you wish to pay my " Salade de chèvre ", be my guest. :lol:
Brazilian Carver
F2 Silberpfeil
Favorite Spot : Les Contamines

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: hehe :)

Post by vkrouverk » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 19:30

nils wrote:I swear i did NOT pay him!
Then how much you charged for testing? :twisted:
If nothing, then:
average board time is said to be 100 riding days, Swoard costs ca. 800€, so it makes 8 € per day. Ergo: if you gave board for one day free, then it would be equal to payment of 8 €. Not bad for such good review :D
Converting potential energy to kinetic..

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 19:35

100 days seems to be quite low figure.
My Donek has now 100 days and feels like new puppy still :clap2:
Most days ridden on any my boards has Virus Nightmare, 350+, but it is well beaten now, still canber but it is so soft that even my wife turns it for knot :D

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

AVERAGE!

Post by vkrouverk » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 19:42

100 days is number, which I've seen in snowboarding forum, don't know how accurate it is or from where it was pulled out (probably by looking to ceil and figuring, that it is nice round number :)
And carving sticks are probably more durable, than foam-core/freecarving boards. And they are maintained with more care and devotion, I guess.
Converting potential energy to kinetic..

jeanbernard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: AVERAGE!

Post by jeanbernard » Thursday 11 March 2004, 14:46

vkrouverk wrote:100 days is number, which I've seen in And carving sticks are probably more durable, than foam-core/freecarving boards. And they are maintained with more care and devotion, I guess.
and I believe carving on the slopes most of the time lowers the risk of collision with a rock...
Such an unwanted encounter is usually what makes the life of freeride board so short!

kjl
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: AVERAGE!

Post by kjl » Thursday 11 March 2004, 17:15

jeanbernard wrote:and I believe carving on the slopes most of the time lowers the risk of collision with a rock...
Such an unwanted encounter is usually what makes the life of freeride board so short!
Unfortunately, as I found out 2 weeks ago, an encounter with a rock, while more unlikely while riding on a carving board, does much more damage to the carving board than the freeride board. I was in a full heelside carve when I ran over a rock (with my brand new Swoard :( ) and it chewed up the edge all the way from tip to tail. On a freeride board I usually encounter rocks in the trees while slowing down, and so I only get a small ding in the edge or a scratch through the p-tex.
--

Ken