The NEXT Swoard

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

The NEXT Swoard

Post by rcrobar » Sunday 29 August 2010, 16:48

This question is just for fun.

If Jacques and the Swoard team were to develop a third board what type of board design would you get you excited enough to make you really want to own it?

Let's hear what your dream board order to Swoard would be.

Provide the reader with the boards' basic purpose, it's length, sidecut radius, waist width etc.

I'll get the ball rolling.

My order would be an Extremecarver that was detuned for powder.

I imagine a cross between the Extremecarver and a hardboot specific allmontain board. I have big feet and am pretty heavy, so I ride a 175 Medium and a 175 Hard. I'd like to see a 170ish long, 24cm to 25cm wide board for more float and even flatter stance angles and an 11m sidecut radius. The flex pattern would make it a VERY, VERY good board for ECing in hard boots, but would have a more turned up nose and tail for riding powder and fakie.

I imagine surfing the crud and several day old powder in hard boots then laying down 3 or 4 EC turns on piste, all in the same top to bottom run.

My credit card is already burning a hole in my pocket:)

Cheers
Rob

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Monday 30 August 2010, 22:32

1) A 175 cm long 17-18 cm wide carving machine with lots of pop and a progressive sidecut with a blended radius around 11m for crowded days for playing chicken, if you know what that means :twisted:

2) A 185+ cm long 19-20 cm wide speed machine with a radius over 15m to go downhill with a speed that melts the snow and then lay a few fully extended turns, then just stick it into the snow next to the pub, but the board still stands out do to its length.

Zanci
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Zanci » Monday 30 August 2010, 22:36

I'd just customize the extremecarver (titanal or sth) so it's more stable at bad conditions or go with something for hero snow with LOTS of pop

ps; I have already found my dream board :oops:

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Post by Felix » Monday 30 August 2010, 23:16

I'ld like flexible binding positions. Would be funny to experiment with bindings that get smaller stance the more you are inclined (would save you power) and maybe at the same time increase angle by 20-30°.

So you could have a stable position for traverses (say 40/20 angles with 65cm stance when bombing down the hill or traversing between turns and 60/50 with 45cm once fully inclined). To ride this one would use softboots with those $1500 carbon softboot addons some crazy Canadians showed around at last ISPO (making a stiffer boot than any hardboot if wanted)....

I don't think there is huge potential in boards, real potential lies in boots/bindings (problem is especially develloping boots is much more expensive than changing something on board design/materials)
Swoard 3D - 168M
http://Openmtbmap.org - get the most popular maps for Mountainbiking in Europe...

Le Fanfoué
Swoard team
Swoard team

Re: The NEXT Swoard

Post by Le Fanfoué » Friday 1 October 2010, 16:27

Extremecarving hard boots, designed by Swoard !!!

Zanci
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: The NEXT Swoard

Post by Zanci » Friday 1 October 2010, 17:54

Le Fanfoué wrote:Extremecarving hard boots, designed by Swoard !!!
this :P

NTwoO
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NTwoO » Wednesday 2 February 2011, 23:19

Strange that no one has mentioned anything about the new prototype that was floating around at Zinal... SG/Kessler style nose, slight turned up tail and black. The person carrying the board did say it was a lot of fun to ride.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 3 February 2011, 6:41

I like mу board and do not think of any new purchase:-)
i`m learning

NTwoO
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NTwoO » Thursday 3 February 2011, 9:22

Oh, by all means, I agree with you. My board is also almost brand new and I am deliriously happy with it.

The discussion, however is what are / will the guys at swoard (be) up to. What will / are they develop(ing). With that in mind, I find it curious that the new board has not been mentioned on the forum yet.