Swoard 175 m review

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

carvester
Rank 1
Rank 1

Swoard 175 m review

Post by carvester » Friday 5 March 2004, 1:42

I got my Swoard 175m (#57) at the end of last season and have ridden it approximately 40 days. I am 5'10 and 175 lbs. using TD2 stepins and Raichle af600's. This is my 11th year of snowboarding most of which has been on plates.
This board is the real deal ! edge hold is exeptional , feels like being locked into a rail. I have ridden this in varied conditions (exept deep powder) and the performance is outstanding. In softer snow i don't encounter the diving in of the nose that you get with typical alpine boards.
This is the ultimate EC machine,with the proper technique (thanks Nils and Patrice) i have carved lower than i thought possible before.
The swoard felt funny at first because of the width ,but once i got the hang of the push pull everything started to click. Thank to our hosts for promoting the EC/push pull style, this has changed and invigorated my snowboarding .
The only thing i would like to try is a longer version of the board, although going faster than i do now while trying to lay it out might be difficult to do 8O
Thanks, James Ong

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Swoard 175 m review

Post by fivat » Friday 5 March 2004, 11:45

carvester wrote:This is the ultimate EC machine,with the proper technique (thanks Nils and Patrice) i have carved lower than i thought possible before.
carvester wrote:Thank to our hosts for promoting the EC/push pull style, this has changed and invigorated my snowboarding.
James, I was really impressed by your style in Aspen. Have you changed your style for the Swoard, or has the Swoard changed your style? :wink: Probably both! :D
Other Swoarders like Peter, John, Rob, Ken, Marco, etc. met on the slopes of Aspen gave me visually a lot of pleasure :clap3: :o

Patrice Fivat

carvester
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by carvester » Friday 5 March 2004, 17:33

Here's a pic , i changed my style before i got the swoard and was intrigued enough to jump in with both feet. The rest is history.

James