SWOARD Dual: Recommendations for bindings

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

thomaskunze
Rank 0
Rank 0

SWOARD Dual: Recommendations for bindings

Post by thomaskunze » Sunday 28 March 2010, 14:57

Hi all!

I've been reading around the forums for a while. Right now, I thinking of buying a SWORD Dual and try to figure out which kind of binding I should get.
To my person: I am 1,73, 63 kg and have been riding "race" boards for more than 15 years (approx. seven days a winter, not every season but most of). I really like to carve, but unfortunately due to my crappy technique :-) there are too few suitable pistes in the areas I have been to, to have ideal conditions for hard core carving.

As I am getting older now, I'd like to ride with my fellows who are skiing a lot on a very professional level (cruising around the area all day preferably red slopes...). As you all may know, it's very exhausting to keep up with those pacemakers.
Last month, I have been boarding with my girlfriend's crappy entry-level board and had so much fun! This experience pushed me into getting a freeride-board aka SWORD Dual, which I hope for can be used for "entry-level carving" in smaller turns on steeper slopes and is the better overall choice when riding with fast paced skiing buddies.

Back to topic: which binding do you guys advise me to buy? I prefer to stay on the pistes and would still like to have a very stiff setup. I've heard of K2 Cinch or Flow NXT which have the easy entry advantages... but may have downsides as well (i.e. fewer control while riding?). Which binding do you ride and advise me to get?

Any comment appreciated!

Chris Hunt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chris Hunt » Monday 4 October 2010, 16:05

I am also looking at buying myself a new Dual and have the same question about binding and boot recommendation...

denis
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by denis » Monday 4 October 2010, 21:17

Chris Hunt wrote:I am also looking at buying myself a new Dual and have the same question about binding and boot recommendation...
Hi Chris,

My mates and I have 7 Dual (168, 175) and 5 of them are set up with Flow NXT FRX (2009, 2010). The FRX is very reactive with very rigid highbacks (carbon). I therefore would recommend these Flow FRX, FR or Salomon caliber (basically bindings with rigid highbacks!). You can check for FRX on ebay, 2010 were going on sale for very good value (especially in US)...

For boots , I use thirtytwo prime (very compact, but maybe a bit too stiff for my taste - I hardly tighten them), 3 of my friends are in salomon F22, the rest on ride, flow...

Off course you can also ride the dual with hardboots :)

Hope it helps

Cheers

Denis
Swoard 168H EC Pro, Swoard Dual 168
NW.950, 32s Prime
Cervinia 10-13/11/2016

leeho730
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by leeho730 » Thursday 7 October 2010, 15:31

I use NXT-AT...

setup: 39F/30R

For boots, I use K2 T1 but I believe any competent freeride softboots will do...
Attachments
mySwoardDUAL.jpg
mySwoardDUAL.jpg (84.7 KiB) Viewed 6623 times
Swoard 168M&S / Dual 158
TD3SW /F2 / Ibex
Stratos / RC10 / T700