why wider boards if on a skwal u can do EC? => $$$?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

ssteff
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ssteff » Thursday 19 February 2004, 12:30

i certainly would like to test, a swoard, and if it's better, i'll defenitly buy one.
however, i'm certain that it is a really versatile board.
if you want some bad reviews, just surf to the bomber-website-reviews.
i don't know what they are worth, these reviews.
i certainly want to get rid of my td2's and get a pair of F2's titans.
but i'm leaving on snow-holiday this evening, and will contact you when i'm back, for certain.greetz.
hot blast 178 TD2
hot blast 158 TD1
coiler RC 184 F2
swoard 168H F2

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Thursday 19 February 2004, 13:06

Why all this aggression for no reason? It is not compulsory to buy a Swoard or anything. As said by others, the Swoard was built to make EC easier than with other boards and the general impression from us that have bought one or tried it is that it really works. With a parallell to other sports, we see that good athletes can do almost anything with any kind of equipment. Good skiers as Alberto Tomba and Ingemar Stenmark carved turns with their "straight" skis. Now carving is available for the intermediate skier due to the carving skis. However, expensive racing or freeride equipment permits you to perform at higher levels than cheap equipment does. In windsurfing, the top performers could do planing carve jibes with any board and do freestyle tricks with slalom boards and cambered race sails, but modern equipment again permits the intermediate freetime windurfer those maneuvres more easily and have fun. We find development and innovations in all kind of products. If it does not work, people don't buy. If it does, we have more fun or a better life. If you are happy with your equipment it is fine, but that does not justify your anger with people that really work hard to make better things for the rest of us.
harald

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Thursday 19 February 2004, 13:52

@ssteff: It is perfectly fine to test a Swoard (but more than only one hour) and then to decide that it is all a marketing hype (though I doubt this would happen). But only then. And come on...your comparison with Bomber bindings...you want to generalize one possible negative finding to every product??

It is known that the profit margins for large luxury cars are much larger than for small cars. So, are they "overpriced"? Is every buyer of a large luxury car stupid and pays too much, just out of marketing hype?

Sure, you can get from A to B with a Golf as well as a BMW 760. I would argue it is nicer with a BMW 760, and for some people this difference is so important they pay a lot more money. Even if it might be possible to built the car cheaper...as long as there is no one out doing it I have to stick with what's in the market.

So with the Swoard. Sure you can ride with any board, but with a Swoard it is much nicer. I tried out a lot boards in my snowboarding career, and the Swoard beats them all (in the carving discipline). And no, I do not have psychological barriers that would stop me to admit a bad buy. I bought a similarly expensive board from Virus several years ago, and I am quite open about my impression that to me the board seems overpriced and I will not buy one again...it was not this much better than other cheaper boards that the price increase would have been justified. But here again, other people think Virus builts the greatest boards and they are perfectly happy, so I will not go onto the Virus guestbook and tell them all that Virus is too expensive and they are all a bunch of stupid guys with too much money. Or at least I would phrase it politely.

So, best advice has already been given...try a Swoard and then decide. Have fun in Austria.

Greetings.
--
Swoard 175M 0048

ssteff
Rank 3
Rank 3

compare BMW Golf (cars) bombers (bindings) swoard(snowboard)

Post by ssteff » Thursday 19 February 2004, 14:32

Hello,
You are exactly right: i wanna go from A to B on a thin line, so i don't see a reason for spending 500€ extra on my own ego.
This comparing of cars instead of bindings to a swoard is really very well done indeed, and in a simple way, so I can understand it too.
Thank you very much for letting me see the light :idea:
Greetz,
hot blast 178 TD2
hot blast 158 TD1
coiler RC 184 F2
swoard 168H F2

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

It's very easy!

Post by skywalker » Thursday 19 February 2004, 16:35

Hey Stef,

the solution is so so easy! It's pretty funny to buy a very good pair of bindings and then to decide, that they are not good for conceptional reasons. BTW: The stress/forces to the board are less than two times those of Titaniums, maybe they are even smaller in the maximum stress areas.

But to your serious swoard problem: Don't buy one. And sell your bombers as soon as possible. Become a happier person by neglecting all this marceting hype.

And if you think, two guys would make all the theater in here for earning about 10000,- €, if they do at all, you don't seem to have a reasonable income ;).

Have a good time ;)

Tom
free extreme carving

gdboytyler
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gdboytyler » Thursday 19 February 2004, 17:03

ssteff wrote:i certainly want to get rid of my td2's and get a pair of F2's titans.
but i'm leaving on snow-holiday this evening, and will contact you when i'm back, for certain.greetz.
Make sure to take some video footage while you are on holiday and post here. If you're laying out carves like J&P, I'll save my money and buy the same equipment you're using!

jscott
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jscott » Thursday 19 February 2004, 18:52

I am just a little confused! There is EC pictures all over the Internet.
Are they all Swoard-riders, is it the rider, the board or both?
I agree that a wider board is more versatile than a narrow board.

Jack Scott

PS: $$EgoCar is for small pipi! :lol:
import/export expert

carving
shooting gun
surfing

ssteff
Rank 3
Rank 3

zero tollerance

Post by ssteff » Thursday 19 February 2004, 20:06

Hello,
I think that this forum really is a zero-tollerance-room for non-swoard-believers like myself.
There is so much hatred here that it really scares me :)
So keep proclaiming that the swoard is a wonderboard: if i can try it i certainly will do so, but untill then i think this board is a marketing trick, and nothing else.
By the way, my very first carving-deck dates from 1987, and - oh wonder wonder!- is 23 cm. wide, and was in 1990 defenitly outphased because too wide.
So, i'm sorry to hurt your feelings, and will not do it again.
Keep on believing in the swoard, after all you have paid the price.
So please don't respond to this post, or this item will keep appearing on top! :D
Kindly regards,
Ssteff - doesn't recognizes a good board, and is a bit stupid, and against marketing hypes and thinks that td's bindings suck ... and is a troll and ... more to come? -
hot blast 178 TD2
hot blast 158 TD1
coiler RC 184 F2
swoard 168H F2

pete
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pete » Thursday 19 February 2004, 21:18

Especially those Germans have a zero-tollerance problem -> they have this problem already for some decades.
wow... :?

I wont get started on that... it is just repulsing to me...

besides that, and even though i am not what you could call a "swoard-believer" (i dont snowboard anymore, dont own a swoard and dont plan to buy one) i just think THE WAY you "contribute" to the forum is really narrow minded. You're coming with tons of preconcieved ideas, and just stick to it.

I totally agree, the swoard is expensive, however i can not proove if it is justified or not... can YOU? No and you just said it in your last post!

It would just be so much simpler and also more tru to say "the swoard is expensive" rather than "it's a marketting trick".
And just imagine, that let's say, they were to sell another swoard, $1500 how would you know if it is worth it... maybe still people would buy it, be perfectly happy with it... Where would the problem be???
Skwalzone.org: French/English Speaking Skwal Community.

Skwaleur, Stations proches Chambéry.

gdboytyler
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gdboytyler » Thursday 19 February 2004, 22:54

I think that it is safe to assume that SSTEFF will NOT return from his snow vacation with video proof that he can carve like J&P with his "bargain" equipment.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Always the same

Post by skywalker » Thursday 19 February 2004, 23:01

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Like almost every time: They show, who they really are quite soon. Funny that such a person talks about tolerance. You seem to need a lot from others with statements like this. BTW: I don't own a SWOARD, although I tested one. But the very big difference between you and me is: I know, what I am talking about. And I can calculate and see, that it would not be worth the efford. And I did not open my stupid mouth before I knew, who's behind. Now I know J, P Nils and an be sure, they won't do this for the money.

Where does this wave of stupidity in the last week come from??

:arrow: Audacium is right, we just should not answer. But we are not used to this kind of no-intelligence posts, because this is not the kind of forum. So let's train on not feeding the trolls :wink:

Have a nice weekend

Tom
free extreme carving

jscott
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jscott » Friday 20 February 2004, 0:09

You guys are really blind. Everyone who read this forum can see than J and P are been rip off by a Swiss German tech head who spend 4 day to make one board.
Jake Scott
import/export expert

carving
shooting gun
surfing

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Friday 20 February 2004, 0:18

Well, this conversation/topic gets more interesting now,

Ssteff you are completely right, of course the SWOARD is a marketing tool. I totally agree with you that the SWOARD isn't a wonderboard. Every product that satisfies one's needs, is on its own a marketing tool. The SWOARD is no exception on this rule. It sells itselves because it fills up peoples demands on what they seek in a snowboard right now. The SWOARD fills up a nichemarket right now, it's called/named ECcarving.
If you don't understand how marketing/selling products works, don't say that a SWOARD is worse or better than a HOT or Burton for example. Just try it, and than give your opinion. If you are in a nichemarket and people wants a product they will pay for it, no matter till a certain degree what it will cost. J&P are just making money (I hope they earn a lot), because they have the guts to develop a board that has never been on this market till so far as I know of. J&P want to see some money for their entrepreneurship and risks they put into their business. This site is an excellent selling point for their product and they totally understand how to sell a SWOARD. They are good at it. There is nothing wrong about this. It will be wrong if they sell a product for much money that will be shi............. If so they wouldn't be existing right now. Like to hear some comment about this statement Ssteff.

Greets, Hans.

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Friday 20 February 2004, 0:22

jscott wrote:You guys are really blind. Everyone who read this forum can see than J and P are been rip off by a Swiss German tech head who spend 4 day to make one board.
Jake Scott
Well, Jake I don't know what you are earning in one hour, but I make more money in one deal at one day than four SWOARDs can make in 16 days. Or do you live from only eating air? I think Jake is jealous about the success of this business. May be I am gonna be an agent for this brand in my sparetime.

Greets, Hans.

jscott
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jscott » Friday 20 February 2004, 1:33

Hans
"jealous about the success of this business?" No
Jake Scott
import/export expert

carving
shooting gun
surfing