Board model vs. speed

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

yomama
Rank 5
Rank 5

Board model vs. speed

Post by yomama » Saturday 14 February 2004, 0:10

When I watch my carving video vs. Patrice/Jacques, I notice that J&P are super smooth (nothing new there :wall: ) but they go a lot faster which makes them more fluid and stylish :pray2:

I currently own a 161M. If I were to drastically increase my speed, does that translate the model selection to a 161H or 168S? :think: :huh:

Thanks beforehand for your response.

Peter Vu :chinese:

gdboytyler
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gdboytyler » Saturday 14 February 2004, 1:43

Yomama, I've seen a video of you on Tahoecarvers.com. You looked pretty smooth, but you do look like you're going a lot slower than J&P. In your video that I saw, the slope looked like an intermidate cruiser. In J&P videos, the slopes look pretty damn steep.

How have you done on the steeper stuff?

yomama
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by yomama » Saturday 14 February 2004, 2:11

gdboytyler,

Thanks for your compliments. You are right to point out that I lack speed. I am a big wimp and I am scared to death of going fast but I am working to increase my speed, one step at a time.

Your observations about the slope are correct. It's a bit of a cruiser that's why I need to stand up and get more speed before going into the next EC turn.

I did try some steeper ones but it's nothing close to the length of Zinal, so after 5 turns, we are done.... :doh:

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Saturday 14 February 2004, 8:45

Hi Peter,

The speed difference depending on the boards length is very small. Let's say proportional to the boards length differences.

On the last movie you sent us by e-mail (have you any link on this one?) your style looks great! :bravo:
I specially appreciate the huge roostertail on your last backsite :D

Your speed seems perfect to me. Going faster is not really usefull if it doesn't help you to improve you turns.

Jacques