Dual or Extremecarver?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Haettenschweiler
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Haettenschweiler » Monday 18 January 2010, 8:40

Yes, I wish I could come over, but I am going to France on the 4th of February for two weeks boarding. Also attending ECS will probably get me killed by my wife :wink: . Maybe next year.
At ECS I will probably have to learn to snowboard all over again. For example, I am riding Blax Toni boots (shitty boots according to the people here) and I always ride with the two first buckles loose. Tightening them will kill the sole of my feet. People here get frustrated by heel movement in their shoes, but let me tell you when I ride steep slopes I hang in my shoes by the two upper buckles and the only thing touching the sole of my shoes are my toes and the ball of my feet. I can probably solve this with new shoes or a new liner, because the liner in my Blax is over 10 years old. Wonder if you still can get liners for them.
Anyway, there is a lot I can do about my gear with regards to what I am reading on the forum. Doesn't take away that I am going to have a lot of fun next month.

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Monday 18 January 2010, 9:04

Blax Toni shells are the same as Head Stratos, the real difference is the type of plastic used (Toni is softer), the heel part where you find a walk/comfort/race or walk/race switch and the type of buckles. Also the liner could be different. Head Stratos Pro is the same as the Blax Stratos Pro in about any regard, and that's the most recommended boot (with modification) after Northwave for EC'ing. The thing about the Toni boots is they have only two positions, one of them is too soft (walk mode) and one of them is too stiff (race mode). I always ride in comfort mode in my Blax Vectors. Somewhere this month I'm going to use them as cheap Guinea pigs for the Head Stratos Pro modifications as described on this forum.

I am not sure what the problem is that is causing you to unbuckle the two buckles across your foot, but the first buckle has snapped on me twice while trying to tighten it further and doesn't seem to be necessary at all the way it is designed. If your feet are too high, you might get a better fit if you take out the plastic inner sole and grind a few mm off. This is also the way Head/Blax change a 28.5 ot a 28 if I am not mistaken, they just put in a different plastic inner sole and liner. You can use the Head Stratos liners without any problems in your old boots, but you can also use more generic thermo and foam products.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 18 January 2010, 9:27

Haettenschweiler wrote:Yes, I wish I could come over, but I am going to France on the 4th of February for two weeks boarding. Also attending ECS will probably get me killed by my wife :wink: . Maybe next year.
At ECS I will probably have to learn to snowboard all over again. For example, I am riding Blax Toni boots (shitty boots according to the people here) and I always ride with the two first buckles loose. Tightening them will kill the sole of my feet. People here get frustrated by heel movement in their shoes, but let me tell you when I ride steep slopes I hang in my shoes by the two upper buckles and the only thing touching the sole of my shoes are my toes and the ball of my feet. I can probably solve this with new shoes or a new liner, because the liner in my Blax is over 10 years old. Wonder if you still can get liners for them.
Anyway, there is a lot I can do about my gear with regards to what I am reading on the forum. Doesn't take away that I am going to have a lot of fun next month.
Ooohh :-) you get to right place to solve your problems :-) not all but two you have described in this post

Expence justification - Get your wife to boarding or even better for extremecarving - so you will not need to justify boarding trips expences, she will be on your side :-) If she did not started yet nice fashionable outfit for her would be a good start :-)

Boots comfort - do i understand correctly that there is a problem?
i`m learning

Haettenschweiler
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Haettenschweiler » Monday 18 January 2010, 11:54

If I knew about liners and such earlier I would have replaced them years ago but now I will buy new shoes from a forum member when I am in France. His size is 26.5, but I guess size 26 liners will fit as well. The shoes are deeluxe track 225. I wonder what new good fitting shoes will do to my boarding capabilities.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 18 January 2010, 14:04

Haettenschweiler wrote:If I knew about liners and such earlier I would have replaced them years ago but now I will buy new shoes from a forum member when I am in France. His size is 26.5, but I guess size 26 liners will fit as well. The shoes are deeluxe track 225. I wonder what new good fitting shoes will do to my boarding capabilities.
Oops..did`t know that. But if it`s a good price - why not. Maybe new boots will do better. Do not know.

You will use semi-termofit or fully moldable liner? Beware of that.

i`m learning

Haettenschweiler
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Haettenschweiler » Monday 18 January 2010, 18:39

I am taking the full moldables. We have a shop locally who can do the baking. What do I need to beware off?

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 18 January 2010, 21:19

Haettenschweiler wrote:I am taking the full moldables. We have a shop locally who can do the baking. What do I need to beware off?
The liner is kind of crap, does not provide good heel fixation. If you go to the shop tell me please what they have done and how do you feel your boots. I`m practicing in bootfitting, so i would like to get any availiable info. Most info i know for now - shops do not make comfortable bootfitting for alpine boarders.
i`m learning

Haettenschweiler
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Haettenschweiler » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 16:20

What do you suggest I should do to get proper heel fixation?

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 16:41

Haettenschweiler wrote:What do you suggest I should do to get proper heel fixation?
Good bootfitting and good liner. Guys in Germany have tested Palau. I would not discuss before i try it.

If you not considering of buying UPZ boots :-) They fix heel like the clamps
i`m learning

Haettenschweiler
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Haettenschweiler » Tuesday 19 January 2010, 21:54

IF UPZ sells fully moldable liners they should fit in any boot, right?
Or am I thinking to simple now?

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 20 January 2010, 9:22

Haettenschweiler wrote:IF UPZ sells fully moldable liners they should fit in any boot, right?
Or am I thinking to simple now?
I do not know for sure - my only experience with UPZ was just putting my feet in it in the shop. We can ask the guys who have more experience.

But the philosophy that fully moldable liner can fit any boot seems to be right. It just should be of proper size. You can choose by $$ reason, not necessary to get UPZ liner.

P.S. damn me - i will be banned shortly because of lot of offtopic :-) it`s dual or extremecarver topic :-)
i`m learning