switch to swoard

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

switch to swoard

Post by tommaso2k » Tuesday 20 January 2004, 22:03

Hi,

i am boarding for 6 years now and actually riding a Nitro Cam 167 board. I was very impressed reading this web site. I am thinking if it could make sense to switch from my Nitro board to a Swoard but i am not sure if "only" EC is possible with Swoard? Normally when i go boarding i have various conditions of pist´s and snow and maybe with a Swoard i can only EC on very good prepared pistes? Please advice.

Regards

Tommaso

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

All-Round Swoard

Post by rcrobar » Tuesday 20 January 2004, 22:33

Hi Tommaso
i am not sure if "only" EC is possible with Swoard? Normally when i go boarding i have various conditions of pist´s and snow and maybe with a Swoard i can only EC on very good prepared pistes? Please advice
At least 50% of my riding is in what I call mixed conditions or off piste’ riding. Chewed up powder, crud, moguls, trees and so on. I love riding my Swoard in these conditions. Here are a few lines from a review I wrote on the Bomber board review section.

Hope this helps
Rob
The big secret of the Swoard Extremecarver is it’s versatility. If you were to combine the characteristics of a race board with an all mountain carver you would end up with the Swoard Extremecarver.

The Extremecarver has found a great balance between power and all mountain versatility. When riding hard conditions you feel like you are on a race board that is tracking on a rail. The next minute, when in deeper snow or moguls, you feel like you are on an all mountain board that has a large nose.

You do not need to lay your turns flat on the snow to have fun on this board, it really is an all-round performer. The stability and ride is super smooth at higher speeds, at the same time the board was VERY easy to turn in ANY conditions.

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Wednesday 21 January 2004, 10:02

Hi Rob,

thanks this helps a lot. Could you please tell me the web adress where i could read your article you posted because this sounds very interesting.

When i purchased my Nitor Cam 167 i thought a smaller board is better for carving (18cm) but after reading all these article it seems that this is not true.

Has someone experience with riding a small race board and switched to Swoard ( best option has someone experience with Nitro Cam) ??

Cheers

Tommaso

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Wednesday 21 January 2004, 10:20

tommaso2k wrote:Hi Rob,
Has someone experience with riding a small race board and switched to Swoard ( best option has someone experience with Nitro Cam) ??

viewtopic.php?t=459&highlight=psycho

Tommaso, this was a post of me earlier, the Psycho I mentioned was a real carve/raceboard but not as versatile as a SWOARD is.
Greetings, Hans.

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

Swoard Review

Post by rcrobar » Wednesday 21 January 2004, 18:44

Hi Tommaso
Could you please tell me the web adress where i could read your article you posted because this sounds very interesting.
I wrote a more detailed review in the thread right here. Scroll down a bit and look for the thread labeled 'First time on a Swoard.'

viewtopic.php?t=310

Hey, I'm glad I was able to help a little bit :)

Cheers
Rob

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Thursday 22 January 2004, 10:33

Hi Rob,

this was really helpful to read your interesting article -thanks a lot.

Does anybody else have experiences of comparing a race board with a swoard?

Cheers

Tommaso