New Swoard

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

New Swoard

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 26 May 2009, 19:48

Sam wrote:"Hi,

just to tell you that this morning I tested the new board swoard. .... Just incredible .... I love

Behavior at high speed just brilliant super stability reactivité super super super amortization player.

We tested this morning under conditions not quite top soft snow and this board really is not comparable to anything I've ever tested in the same genre (at least the one I tried) just unbelievable! I same layer of turns. Ultra play a board that has nothing to envy the extremecarver without competing.

It clearly recognizes the leg of Jacques in the design and the precision that this board. Enchainement push - pull - extremecarving - and large piles of snow is nothing to fear.

Prepare to break your piggy bank is an almost essential purchase when conditions are not at the top to make the extremecarving only and we most want to have a player do more and more permissive in this kind of condition.

I am delighted to try out the jewel in hard snow and ice. Personally this is the board that I needed that I missed.

Jack told me this morning they did more than 20 PROTOTYPE!! good job!

The look is really cool!

I advise you all this board that pleasantly surprised me and contrary to extremcarver allowed me to have fun while I'm sure I would not have had as much fun with my epée red in the same conditions.

And good news for those who are lovers and softwares that are allergic to hardboots you can finally taste the joys of extremecarving and the absolute precision

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO !!!!! BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO !!!!!
Google translation above, original thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=6028

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Wednesday 27 May 2009, 9:54

So is this the same board as the one which is ridden in the opening shots of carved?

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

maybe

Post by nils » Wednesday 27 May 2009, 11:35

maybe one of the early prototypes ;)...maybe another model...who knows...

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 27 May 2009, 21:48

What is more interesting is recent rumors that Nidecker have moved some of production facilities somwhere out from Switzerland...Nils, are you commenting this?
i`m learning

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

ahh just small news

Post by nils » Thursday 28 May 2009, 6:13

Nidecker has already moved, over the last decade, most of its production to its big tunisia facility ( nothing new or secret here). They produce part of the boards, then finish some in Rolle etc.
Rolle ( in Switzerland) is the high end factory for OEM ( Swoard, other skis and boards and other " very popular among racers" brands ).
Pale factory has sold all of its tools ( presses etc) some was bought by Virus, some by Nidecker, some by others for Mass production... Pale was too cheap production cost, and had to produce so many boards a year to survive, it would not be able to absorb a lesser amount of production: crisis put it to an end ( production cost for OEM was between 40-100 euros for high end models!!)

Its not a secret that today you need to mass product some of your models in cheaper conditions if you want to survive. We know the guys overlooking the production in Tunisia, and they are the same that manage the Swiss factory ( hence the same level of quality). Its not possible when your factory is subcontracted in china or when you OEM far away.

Basically we are very happy with Nidecker's cooperation: the work over the last two seasons on the new model is a proof it works ( so many prototypes and tests it almost made them mad..). You'll see why we chose Nidecker, and why that other fancy brand did too ( quality, reliability, warranty etc..)

Nils

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Thursday 28 May 2009, 9:51

All Ndk's below a price of about +/- Euro 400.- are comming out of Tunesia.
They are marked as "Designed in Switzerland". If products are marked as "Made in Swizerland" the main work / key componets should be produced in Switzerland. But they can contain also a lot of buy-in componets.

If "Made in Swizerland" is not true, the firma or the label will loss in a view Years the whole reputation and people wouldn't buy once more the product or they accept only a much cheaper price.

Mass-products which are "All made in Switzerland" like the Swiss Army Knife, are comming now more rare, people can buy this things like blind.

Other products like also e.g. Nidecker Snowboards don't have more this status, since Years! So people are seeking often for similar products from other brands.

It's very easy to screen the reputation of "swiss made". If You see a lot of advetisements or an agressive marketing about a product, the status is on the lower side. If there is none of all and anybody knows or own such a thing, the status is on the higher side.

- - - -

New Swoard ? Realy? A new prototype of Swoard or a new Swoard?

Some things need more time to overcome the step of the status of a factory sample.
Watch out the newer shape of Pureboarding with the symmetrical swinging grooves on tip and tail. I kicked this board once last summer, nearly one Year ago. But it's still not available on market today.

Other fancy brands build one, ore a handfull new shapes for pushing it to market immediatly, suroundig by a big hype!
Gliding on Snowboards,
like Pogo, Kessler, Virus, Hot, Nidecker and others,
from 151 up to 183 cm and 14 to 27.4 cm width,
covering any kind of shapes with
any kind of boots and bindings.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 28 May 2009, 11:20

Thanks Nils, i think if kessler choose same factory it should not be a big problem.
i`m learning

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 28 May 2009, 13:23

The info about Kessler is interesting. They begin the production this year in Rolle (Switzerland), with the same machines as the ones used for Swoard! It's really high end production.

Yesterday I was in the Swiss factory (only 40 km from my home) to perfect some details about the final topsheet of the new model. I love those last steps.

Patrice Fivat

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Prototyping

Post by nils » Thursday 28 May 2009, 19:00

You have basically different ways to build new models: make 10 new boards every season with no time for real snow testing and evolution of the prototypes ( if any).
the other way is to fine tune a few options and shapes and push them to the limits: go back to the factory, and modify, improve, test again etc...
From the concept of the new board to today's almost end result, there has been 3 years of developpment, ideas, modifications, prototyping etc. Jacques has the rare ability and riding level to be able to understand small modifications and their effects on snow: it lead to working and working again.

A famous french quote: " 100 times on the workbench the project shall be reworked" ( XVIth century)

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

??????????

Post by Hans » Sunday 31 May 2009, 12:40

Anxious to see and hear why Swoard entered the softboot/carve market. This market is full of boards and choices. We'll wait and see.

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Sunday 31 May 2009, 20:50

Well, I have no idea whatsoever about this new Swoard. In case it is supposed to be all-mountain board , ie. good off-piste and carving features, it will be the most welcome. IMHO, those sort of good boards are not too many.

Happy summer time to all! :chinese:

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Monday 1 June 2009, 18:23

Aha, an all-mountain Swoard! I'm waiting for official news in autumn.

I thought at first, Swoard want to offer us a carvingboard for enhanced carving.
Just for to use on slopes like on picture below.
Attachments
carving-slopes.gif
carving-slopes.gif (66.15 KiB) Viewed 16079 times
Gliding on Snowboards,

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 11 June 2009, 17:54

This week at the factory in Rolle (Switzerland), one of the Nidecker sons confirmed me that their own high end snowboards are still produced there: the alpine boards, as well as the Legend, Megalight, etc.
He also told me that they begin the Kessler production this summer. 8)

Patrice Fivat

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Friday 12 June 2009, 17:02

Here is the exact list of the Nidecker models 2009-2010 produced in Switzerland:

Alpin GS
Alpin SL
Megalight
Megalight CamRock
Megalight Ultimate Grip
Megalight CamRock & Ultimate Grip
Ultralight
Ultralight Ultimate Grip
Legend
Legend Ultimate Grip

They will still be produced here in the future.

Patrice Fivat

Schneewurm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Schneewurm » Saturday 13 June 2009, 20:00

They should paste them from Geneva to Lausanne between the lanes, instead of this funky grey boxes there!
Gliding on Snowboards,