Edges Beveling

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Tony
Rank 0
Rank 0

Edges Beveling

Post by Tony » Saturday 21 March 2009, 0:55

I've read the recommendations by Jaques about edges beveling -1 on the base and 89 on the sides, and also about the "Tooltonic" tool... I guess it is the TF10 they are talking about?? is this tool capable of doing all the job, this means "base and side" edges??

If not which are the tools needed to complete all the job, and the mantain in the future??

THANKS!!

Tony

ICERIPPER
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ICERIPPER » Saturday 21 March 2009, 13:02

Hello

The TF10 set is for the vertical edge ( also to remove ABS from the side)

For the base sharpening you need another tool - Tooltonic SET10 set for exemple - there are 2 tuning guide -0.5 & - 1° for the base edge.

Qué tabla as ti ?
Cómo es la nieve en Sudamérica !
Sticks are for looser , born to be a snowboarder

Tony
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tony » Saturday 21 March 2009, 14:27

My new board is a SWOARD 168, I am coming from a Coiler Freecarve. Tried last week for the first time in Vail, I am very happy with it!!

The snow in South America begins typically in July, and goes until mid to final September. There are a couple of good places to go which are Las Leñas in Argentina, or Valle Nevado in Chile, and as in everywhere in the world, you might be very lucky and have a great weekend or not.... We the "Carvers" are the "strange people" of the mountains since the Jean Nerva and Peter Bauer times, which used to came here many years ago..

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE!! if you decide to come down here, don't forget to write, I can give you some good tips regarding accomodation, mountain passes, etc..and maybe we can even meet at the slopes and be 2 "strange people" instead of 1...