Bindings recommendations...

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Montpelier
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bindings recommendations...

Post by Montpelier » Saturday 3 May 2008, 19:40

I've just ordered my SWOARD ready for next season. Can anyone give me any recommendations regarding which type of binding to get or what to be careful of with particular brands or types?

JB

Vitaly
Rank 5
Rank 5

2faq

Post by Vitaly » Saturday 3 May 2008, 20:22

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

NO Intec

Post by nils » Saturday 3 May 2008, 20:54

Intec is bad for wide boards and causes:
- bad position with no lateral ability for the rider
- too much lateral torque on the binding and the board/insert that can in some cases lead to breakage
Only advantage of intec is for lazy people... we do NOT recommend Intec, and we even think of having its use voiding the warranty... a 23 cm wide board is just too wide for intec !

Nils

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Saturday 3 May 2008, 20:57

Bad Nils :snooty: :wink:

Swiss Mike
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Swiss Mike » Saturday 3 May 2008, 22:58

Nothing too late
Swoard 2D gen3 168M-0135
F2 race titanium
Head Stratos Pro modif ACSS Mark3
Swoard Dual 168 - Flow the Eleven
F2 Boxer

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Bindings recommendations...

Post by fivat » Sunday 4 May 2008, 11:39

Montpelier wrote:I've just ordered my SWOARD ready for next season. Can anyone give me any recommendations regarding which type of binding to get or what to be careful of with particular brands or types?
Some threads about this subject:
Best binding for Swoard?
Bindings for EXTREMECARVING > Review: F2 Race Titanium

Moreover, on page https://www.extremecarving.com/tech/mat.html :rules: :
We highly recommend the F2 Race Titanium bindings, of course without any canting pad (see the page Settings). They are very light, very durable, very short and relatively cheap. They are completely isolated from the board, i.e. there are no hard contact between them and the board. Their lateral flex match perfectly to technical needs of extremecarving. They are plug and play without any needs for modifications.
Patrice Fivat

stokaz
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by stokaz » Monday 19 May 2008, 18:26

It is just possible to order the new swoard model for the next season?

I'm interested about!

or i must wait till november?
Swoard 3rd Gen 168H 0358 - F2 Race Titanium - Deeluxe Indy + BTS Kit
F2 Speedster RS 168 - F2 Intec Titanium
Stokaz

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Monday 19 May 2008, 21:48

Yes it's possible to order when you want, during all year! 8)

We produce boards regularly to avoid being out of stock. You can get your Swoard at home in one week! All sizes and flexes are in stock!

Ciao,

Patrice Fivat

pstalder900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pstalder900 » Thursday 15 January 2009, 20:30

Hello EC-community!

I know, there was already a lot of discussion about bindings concerning Intec or bail binding on a Swoard snowboard... but I'm still quite confused:

I've used Intec-bindings since 10 years now - and when I bought a Swoard last year I first mounted a bail binding (as recommended).
But because my bad habit not to bend my back :wink: and because the confort of an Intec binding I soon switched to the f2 Intec binding on my Swoard.
Actually I didn't notice a big difference. Since then I rode about 15-20 day on my Swoard with Intec and personally I think I do quite well with EC. (Example here)

Today I wanted to measure or "feel" the lateral flex difference between Intec and bail binding. So I pushed my boot from one to the other direction as you can see on the picture.
I got the impression that on the bail binding there was absolutley no play - all flex I could notice was in the plastic of the binding. Besides the Intec was about 1cm free lateral play measured on top of the boot.
Therefore I actually got the inverse impression of lateral flex concerning Intec or bail binding.... :think:

I'm helpless :roll:
Attachments
15012009803.jpg
15012009803.jpg (90.38 KiB) Viewed 13231 times

stokaz
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by stokaz » Friday 16 January 2009, 9:13

Very Very interesting test!

So... intec is good for swoard now?
Swoard 3rd Gen 168H 0358 - F2 Race Titanium - Deeluxe Indy + BTS Kit
F2 Speedster RS 168 - F2 Intec Titanium
Stokaz

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Friday 16 January 2009, 10:59

Hi,
I think that anyone should use the bindings that suits them best. In this test the frontside turn is OK, but the backside is not. Not good enough rotation, not fully laid down but sticking the bum out. Whether this problem is caused by the binding or not I do not know. It is a common problem for all learning the EC-technique as shown by J and P and the the other good EC-carvers.
harald

pstalder900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pstalder900 » Saturday 17 January 2009, 19:24

@Harald: I know my EC technique is not yet as good as it should be. I'm still learning backside turn for full laid down...

But I couldn't determine an advantage with bail binding for backside turns compared with intec.
Maybe there is also an influence of my intec heels. I've read they were stiffer than the original ones :?:

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Saturday 17 January 2009, 21:59

My EC experience is relatively small (two winters on flat short slopes), but i would like add my 0.2 cents. Stiffness of intec bindings did not prevented me to repeat the sequence of movements that leads to what i believe fully laydown backside turn on short flat slope...Do not know how it will work on the steep slopes. From my more experienced friends i heard that intecs on bumpy slopes will make your knees cry :-)

The core thing for doing full laydown turns, on my view - shoulders rotation (1st importance for smooth backside!!), legs bending and usage of internal hand just as secondary support, not a primary - it should slide on the slope - not stuck in it. Especially at the high speed.
Also i realize that recommended by swoard team flat bindings settings help significantly. Previously i ride with lifted rear heel.

Here is my short clip. Do not hesitate to criticize.

This is just two turns - very short slope :-)

If this bump shown in the clip will work tomorrow i`ll try to repeat this on softboot setup :-)
i`m learning

surfnav292
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by surfnav292 » Saturday 17 January 2009, 22:54

wow, you look like "the boss" :clap:

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Sunday 18 January 2009, 14:31

Tried today to laydown in softboots...This is f***ing complicated!!! I think if my Sims kinetik 164w would be at least 168 and stiffer torsionally this should be easier :-) Also my 46EU size boots give their contribution :-)

In theory it should be possible to do full laydown turns in softboot setup :-) but the guy who want to prove it need lot of free time and of course not any freestyle board, something more specific :-)))

I do prefer hardboots and my alpine board!! :-) even for training :-)
i`m learning