Pre-Load of Swoard 3D 1. Generation

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

negedeng
Rank 2
Rank 2

Pre-Load of Swoard 3D 1. Generation

Post by negedeng » Sunday 23 December 2007, 15:52

Hey Guys,
does anybody know the measurement of the pre-Load (Vorspannung) of the Swoard 3D 1. Generation?

How did you measure it, laying on the floor or leaning to a wall?

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Thx
negedeng

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Camber of the gens 1-2-3

Post by nils » Monday 24 December 2007, 10:56

The gen1 is the board with most camber ( 1.5-2cm)...the gen 2-3 have less. It is, as we previously said somewhere here on the forum, not of big importance because its really a matter of how the flex is distributed, and how the nose progressivity and tail lift react with the camber, as well as with the outline, that gives the board ability to carve good or not.

As to know wether the camber has been lost or not, its pretty difficult. From our experience, the quality cores we use are not subject to camber loss so much.. It has happened in 1-2 boards ( M flex that got almost transformed to S flex) on gen2 boards, The 3D aka Gen1, with its imbeded full 3D carbon parts inside the core, are even less subject to camber loss so there should be no worries...

The edges are likely to loose thickness quicker on a carving board than the camber loosing juice !! This is why on the gen3 we have used special thick edges, that to my knowledge no other company is using. We think loosing a few decimals in speed, is gained by the longer life the board will have.
New edges are 2mm when finished, compared to the 1.4-1.6 mm the other boards have usually. To my opinion, what is left of edge is the first thing someone should look at when getting second hand board.

Nils