A home for Swoard in Austria and Germany

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

A home for Swoard in Austria and Germany

Post by nils » Wednesday 30 April 2003, 14:51

We are actually thinking of a way to have Swoard on display and in a test center (e.g snowshop) in both germany and austria for next season. We would like to have other carver's idea about where it should be: where are the good resorts for carvers, if possible in a resort with a glacier for almost year round riding/testing, not too confidential place, and above all: a place with a good carving community. Open ideas welcome :)

Thnx to our german and austrian carvers for advices!

the swoard team

MennoB
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MennoB » Wednesday 30 April 2003, 18:05

In Austria: Soelden.

High proportion of hard-booters.
Ski area open 12 months per year, with 2 glaciers in summer.
Lots of professionals training there.

Sport Riml, in the centre of Soelden, specializes in hardboot equipment.
The are also dealer of Virus snowboards.
The personnel in the shop realy know their stuff regarding hardboot gear, which was something I didn't experience for a long long time.

http://www.sport.riml.com/

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Soelden!!!

Post by ablazespy » Wednesday 30 April 2003, 23:37

Yes solden is a great,place Last August I was there for a few days on the glacier and of the 9 snowboarders on the slope there were 4 Hardbooters! also the shop there had a lot of test equipment for carving use (Virus/F2). will be there in the summer again I think.

Dènis :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Where are the Austrians?

Post by fivat » Thursday 1 May 2003, 17:40

MennoB wrote:In Austria: Soelden.
Everyone says that Austria is THE country of the hardbooters...
Well, where are those Austrian riders over Internet? Along to the statistics of this Website, only 2% of the visits are from Austria. And I found NO forum over Internet with significant Austrian hardbooters. This includes Pureboarding.com though their forum is in German... So the language is not the problem, and most of the Austrians can speak in English. Very strange! Where are they :?:

-Patrice Fivat

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Austrian hardbooters

Post by ablazespy » Thursday 1 May 2003, 18:11

Hi,
most of the hardbooters I meet in Austria are Italian, German or Dutch!!! The 2 Austrian hardbooters I know personally do not own a PC nor Internet!!

I do not know the other stats about PC and internet use among Austrian hardbooters!

Hiedi!!!!!!! Peter!!!!!!!!! who bist du??????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dènis

Christoph
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Where are the Austrians?

Post by Christoph » Tuesday 15 July 2003, 14:49

fivat wrote:
MennoB wrote:In Austria: Soelden.
Everyone says that Austria is THE country of the hardbooters...
Well, where are those Austrian riders over Internet? Along to the statistics of this Website, only 2% of the visits are from Austria. And I found NO forum over Internet with significant Austrian hardbooters. This includes Pureboarding.com though their forum is in German... So the language is not the problem, and most of the Austrians can speak in English. Very strange! Where are they :?:

-Patrice Fivat
I can agree to this statement ....... I just checked the logs on the PureBoarding-Server and figured, 0.5% to 1.2% of our trafic goes to austria. Also the contacts we have are mainly CH, US, DE etc ...... So where are all the austrian carvers?

Another idea about your board. I think the carving-session events would be the right place for you to reach people in the "german-speaking" regions. Til now whe had kessler, oxess and the pureboarding #one for tests. Why don't you join and show your boards.
Carving-Sessions are planed for next season in lech, aspen and davos. Maybe it's also possible to do something together in the french-speaking areas?

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

idea to explore

Post by nils » Tuesday 15 July 2003, 15:19

Hey chris

Yes idea to explore :)

Stay tuned for more news from us

Nils

ps: Wanted: austrian carvers ;)

AUT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AUT » Sunday 27 July 2003, 1:04

My Name is not Peter but I am from Austria.
But my English are very :cry:
I have also Problems to find Hardboot driver in Austria but I was not in Sölden.
When I have Time I am in Lech by the http://www.carving-session.com.

Mann sieht sich auf der Piste.
MFG

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

ohps!

Post by RicHard » Monday 28 July 2003, 15:58

I saw the video in the Carving-Session site... but everybody have a lot of counter rotation: there's no-one in frontside carve with sholders aligned with the board... and everybody makes just one carve... Uhmmm...
Ciao!
_RicHard

NateW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NateW » Wednesday 30 July 2003, 4:55

It seems to me that Swoard should be a natural fit with the Virus dealer, since Swoards tend to be wide and Viruses tend to be narrow. It would let the dealer sell to a wider audience, without carrying redundant inventory.

Evgeny
Rank 2
Rank 2

Zillertal area

Post by Evgeny » Monday 6 October 2003, 12:20

Hello.

I have been to Kaprun / Zell-am-See and to Mayrhofen (Zillertal area) in Austria.
Riding was definitly better at Kizsteinhorn glacier in Kapurn.
But the staff in Mayrhofen was more knowable about carving/hardboots and there was a greater choice of equipment. Mayrhofen is a bigger place too.

That's my two cents.

Evgeny.

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

no austrians....

Post by Felix » Thursday 30 October 2003, 20:27

Hi I am german, but since 4 years I live in Austria.
Would be very stoked to see a swoard in a shop in Austria.
Sölden or Stubaigletscher would be the best places to have a board all year round.

Otherwise you could try www.blue-tomato.at in Schladming. This is the only snowboardingschool I know in Austria where they still focus on carving.

There are a lot of very good carvers but all of them are either locals or come from slovenia. Problem with blue-tomato might be that they are the europeen test center for duotone/f2. (They are also Europes biggest online snowboard shop) But otherwise they do have an article about you on their website and you can download on ec video. Maybee they would be so stoked about your boards that they will get some for the shop and for sale. But I am not to sure as they do not sell Blast snowboards which are apart from F2 the best mainstream boards on the market.

Semmering would be a good spot to place a board as well. As all vieannese hardboarders go there.

Felix

P.S.
Just give them a call and ask for gerfried schuler, he is the owner and ex european slalom champion 92, I believe. Should be worth a try

binaural
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by binaural » Friday 31 October 2003, 18:00

Hi!

I know a _lot_ of Austrian hardbootriders. Allmost all locals of the village I teached drove alpineboards. But, actually, a lot of people go back to skiing...

I'd say Kaprun, Solden, Kaunertal are perfect hardboot-area's...

Bye,

Jasper

stoked
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stoked » Saturday 26 June 2004, 17:41

Hi,

well I guess I'm the stupid rookie webmaster but I thought visitors only show up as Austrians if their internet provider can be identified as Austrian like provider.at but most providers in Austria are provider.net or .com and show up without country identification in my stats.

Anyway as for myself for some reason I never checked the net for snowboarding before this season although I have used the internet before :)

Alright forum for hardbooters in german is at http://www.sigigrabner.com

Austria is of course also softboot dominated these days but at least you hear things like "you don't see that kind of riding much anymore" instead of being asked about your monoski like I read has happened in the US.

Wouldn't know a local shop here for conquering the Austrian market as my home is only a 20000 people region with rather small resorts but Blue Tomato sounds cool as they also have offline shops for testing the boards.

PS there was also a report on Austrian TV about this going back to skiing thing ... I'll try to find some stats about it but I wasn't surprised to hear snowboarding in general going down some ...

I mean a lot of softbooters don't ever get into freestyle tricks and they don't go heliboarding every day like in the magazines neither so anyway most so-called freestylers end up skidding on groomed slopes which gets boring after some time.

With skiing being cool again these days I have started counting the days of freestyle hype :)

Best carves to you,

Bernhard

http://stoked.at
Riding is its own reward