Swoard - suitable for step-in binding, off piste

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

fred17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Swoard - suitable for step-in binding, off piste

Post by fred17 » Tuesday 30 October 2007, 15:25

I currently ride a nidecker concept 1998. It was in those days the perfect compromise between carving on the slopes and off piste powder.

I do really enjoy not bending down to fix my boots and use a step-in binding, I do not want to give that up.

Is the Swoard the right board for me?

I am no extremecarver but like the grip and do not want to make a compromise on the piste as I think I can handle a raceboard off piste as long as it has a little nose.

Is the step-in binding a knock out criteria for the Swoard? The say it has to be avoided - is that the case for carving or for extreme extremecarving

I would appreciate any help, as we are a diminished crowd and shops do no longer sell these things. I live in Berlin/Potsdam.
Fred

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Hello

Post by nils » Tuesday 30 October 2007, 15:58

Step ins are not totally banned by us! If you prefer that or have no choice it is still good for EC..When we say its not good in real it means you should read it as:

' it is not the best possible setting for EC'... it does not mean its not good :).
The step in locks the boot laterally on the binding... its not a problem on narrow boards, but on wide boards with less angles, you need more front/back movements and freedom to adjust your position on the board... hence the need for less stiff system.

But many people on Swoard still use step in and have fun with it :) ( and are good too in EC :)

Nils

fred17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fred17 » Tuesday 30 October 2007, 16:13

Nils,

Thank you for your reply. Then I will try my step-ins. :D

I found a lot about Swoard's qualities in EC.

How is the board off piste in the powder? I like using a raceboard on and off piste but I guess it needs at least a little nose in order not to dig in.

When do I have to order to get the board before Xmas?

Thank your for your answer.
Fred

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

well

Post by nils » Tuesday 30 October 2007, 16:59

thnx :)
As for powder ability: its still an alpine board :) not a freerider.. but the width allows for much easier offpiste than on a narrow board... you still need some speed and power a bit to get things done thu

Order: now :) or before december 10th

Nils