SWOARD ranked number 1 in a magazine!

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

SWOARD ranked number 1 in a magazine!

Post by fivat » Friday 13 October 2006, 19:48

SNOWSURF magazine, number 96S (September-October 2006), pages 112 to 184:
:arrow: TEST snowboards 2006-2007

It’s in French, but don’t worry, we have translated some parts for you! 8)

In the category Alpine Freeride, the SWOARD Extremecarver is ranked number 1 ! :D :bravo:
Well, there are not many tested brands in this category (small market!), but SWOARD is placed before Nidecker and F2 in particular... 8) Here is the podium:

(for translation, see the link below)

:arrow: Extracts of the article, some detailed info and translations are available on the page Press and TV (click here) !
For example, the test data and comments about SWOARD look like this :

(better resolution and translation available on the page Press and TV)

If you are interested in the categories of freeride and freestyle, we also give the other podiums (French text). In total, 41 brands and 187 snowboards have been tested during 20 days on the snow! Nice job!

Patrice Fivat

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 13 October 2006, 20:05

Congratulations !
Result clearly show that wide boards ruled in podium.

BUT
I checked also other board categories and was surprised to see category: Freeride pur hors-piste, i have no idea what that means but my quess is that it is off-piste free ride, right?
If that is correct then i should dumb my Swell and forget plans to get Phenix due winner is Nidecker.
Also otherwise it looked that Nidecker took best overall results in Freeride/Alpin category with one Gold and and three Silver position of six category 8O and on those two category they did not even had board for test.

PS if that was Freeride category then why someone put Prior WCR there, that is race board ?? they should have tested 4WD

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by vkrouverk » Friday 13 October 2006, 21:54

pokkis wrote:Congratulations !
Result clearly show that wide boards ruled in podium.

BUT
I checked also other board categories and was surprised to see category: Freeride pur hors-piste, i have no idea what that means but my quess is that it is off-piste free ride, right?
Right.
Converting potential energy to kinetic..