SNEAK PREVIEW OF THE EC BOARD: Please meet EXTREMECARVER

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

SNEAK PREVIEW OF THE EC BOARD: Please meet EXTREMECARVER

Post by nils » Wednesday 8 January 2003, 19:34

Hi all,
We have decided to display the future design of the boards. All boards will look the same, the only difference will be in the serial number, it will indicate the flex and the length of the model.

We have chosen SWOARD as a brand name: it is the sword that cuts deep, and also a contraction of swiss and board.. Lets hope you like both the logo and the name.

The website will be ready soon, should be next week, and real photos of the boards will be displayed there since the first finished boards will be ready next week.

The design has been kept low profile, in order to beat the youth oriented marketing that is seen elsewhere in the FS/FR world, and also because as we get older, we know that the truth lies within, and not on the outside. The design displayed here doesn't show the inserts, it will be 10 each 2 cm under each foot.

More to come :)

Nils, Jacques, and Patrice
scroll down in the pdf to see the zoomable design :)
https://www.extremecarving.com/attachme ... ard175.pdf

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

mmm suptile!

Post by ablazespy » Wednesday 8 January 2003, 22:26

MMM subtile design,
looks great and stylish,
but one question why a dark color I have read somewhere that J did not want to use a dark color because of some reasons??
nevemind I like it!!!
It is the best thing next to clear top sheet with the core visable
but you have to protect the trick of torsion control!!!

keep it up and let me know when its ready!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pete
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pete » Thursday 9 January 2003, 6:17

In my opinion, it's a lil bit too plain, one or two lines would have mahe it waonderful!
Still good to know that it's coming out soon!
hope will work good for "swoard"! :D
Skwalzone.org: French/English Speaking Skwal Community.

Skwaleur, Stations proches Chambéry.

ReneRyeLarsen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Still don't get the part with protecting the technology....

Post by ReneRyeLarsen » Thursday 9 January 2003, 10:18

A bit ridiculous IMHO - I make my living in the semiconductor industry, and it is actually possible (and done) to extract the "secrets" from a piece of silicon by etching it layer by layer.

It would be MUCH easier with a snowboard - just rip the top sheet off!!!!! If the techology is that advanced, ANY major snowboard manufacturer would get a board and perform some "destructive testing"...

Do you (THE EC-GUYS) intend to have the buyers sign a NDA before getting the board?:-)

Regards René

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Thursday 9 January 2003, 17:59

Above all, I will appreciate the EC capabilities of your swoard! And a somewhat "normal" design is fine - I do not need a skull in fire or what you have on my board.
Can't wait for ordering !

Greetz, Eduard.

cmachine
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cmachine » Sunday 12 January 2003, 18:41

Hi
If the torsion control in these boards is really a complete new thing, the only possibility to protect this invention would be a patent. If not already done by J&P, it's maybe to late now.

:) Olaf :)

jason_watkins
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Still don't get the part with protecting the technology.

Post by jason_watkins » Saturday 18 January 2003, 0:05

It would be MUCH easier with a snowboard - just rip the top sheet off!!!!! If the techology is that advanced, ANY major snowboard manufacturer would get a board and perform some "destructive testing"...
Yup, that's why we have patents. I'm unaware of patent costs for the swiss, or euro's in general, but if it's really such a concern then this is what you need to do. Otherwise I'd say relax and realize that business prosper through successful delivery, not by having a better gimick.