Swoard Insurance

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Guy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Swoard Insurance

Post by Guy » Friday 30 December 2005, 10:06

I just received my Swoard - came sooner than I had expected! :D Thanks very much Nils and Virus! Can't wait to ride it on Monday.

I'd like to insure the Swoard against theft and damage. Nils, does Swoard offer insurance? Or should I try to arrange an insurance through a local snowboard shop or from a general insurance company?

Guy

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

insurance

Post by nils » Monday 2 January 2006, 14:27

well we have nothing like it, but i assume your insurance company has this kind of contract??

Nils

Guy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Guy » Monday 2 January 2006, 22:41

Unfortunately my own insurance company won't insure it. They also told me that it's unlikely that other insurance companies would offer such insurance because the risk is too high. That's strange, since you can always get insurance on a new board in a shop when you buy a board. But the shops won't insure boards that weren't bought from them. I'll ask at some other insurance companies - maybe I get lucky.

If anybody has any tips for insuring the board in Austria, please let me know!

Until then, I will keep my precious Swoard in my sight at all times and skip lunch breaks or sit on my board :lol:

Guy
Swoard Extremecarver 168S 347, F2 Race Titanium bail bindings, Raichle SB 324 boots

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

yes :)

Post by nils » Tuesday 3 January 2006, 9:52

that is what everyone does > keep an eye on the baby, and go to the bathroom with it if riding alone!

Nils :)

utzel
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by utzel » Friday 6 January 2006, 10:33

Hello Guy, just came back from my first Swoard trip. I can tell you that the Swoard combined with the Bomber Bindings did draw some attention. It´s a shame but I have to admit more the board than me riding it. But this will hopefully change in the future.

What I did: just bring a 2 or 3 mm Steel rope, 1 m long. combined with a small lock. When leaving the board alone I locked it to the Ski/Board Rest.

This does fit in the pocket better than any kind of for example Bikelock.

Seems sufficent to me to prevent thieves and relaxes my mind leaving the swoard behind. However I consider it unlikely that a Hardboot Board is going to be stolen.

Greetings Wolfgang
Oxxes 181, TD2
SWOARD 168H227, TD2
Wild Duck Knifer, F2 Intec´s

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Friday 6 January 2006, 10:53

Yep, that is the beauty of alpine boards.... people don't know what they are.... so they don't steal it....

István

Guy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Guy » Friday 6 January 2006, 14:40

Hi Wolfgang, István,

I think I will get one of those steel ropes and lock - something small in the pocket would be perfect.

I was riding the Swoard for my second day last Wednesday, and I started to think the same thing: people generally don't know what it is, or simply have no interest in alpine boards. A would-be thief probably sees it as a no-name alpine board :wink: Also the board is plain black on the back, which disguises its magic powers even further.

Guy

Galynet59
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Galynet59 » Friday 6 January 2006, 16:51

Hi,

Be very carefull, locks can freeze !!! A little bit of snow on it, it smelt on your pocket and when you put it in your board... You can't remove it without tools (as a thief) :P
Nidecker Custom SL 162
Swoard Extremecarver 3D 168M n°159
Fix Burton Race
Head Stratos Pro

Venez me voir

utzel
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by utzel » Friday 6 January 2006, 16:54

Does not happen if you have applied some WD40 before 8)

if you didn´t you have the opportunity to checkout how secure your construction has been 8O

thanx anyway
Oxxes 181, TD2
SWOARD 168H227, TD2
Wild Duck Knifer, F2 Intec´s