Swoard new generation: impressions

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Mattias112
Rank 3
Rank 3

Eff edge

Post by Mattias112 » Tuesday 6 December 2005, 12:54

No I didn't think It would be false but I was intrested in knowing... It will be wonderful when I will be able to put it on snow!

When reading all rewievs it look as it's a hell of a ride :twisted:

Thanks for all answers
:lol:
RAD Black, Diamond MW, Blackburn...

MarkN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Got my Swoard!

Post by MarkN » Thursday 8 December 2005, 16:21

I got my Swoard and it is a real thing of beauty! I am waiting till there is good snow coverage before taking it to the slopes -- this is definitely NOT a rock board.

Love having the specs hand-written on the board and also having an actual warranty card. I cannot believe how light it is -- I think it is my lightest board even though it is not the smallest by any means. Amazing.

Thanks Nils, Frank, Jacques, Patrice et al. for producing such a beautiful product.

Best regards,
Mark
EC Dreamer

drzone
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drzone » Thursday 8 December 2005, 18:02

Hi Mark,
Where are you in Ontario? I would love to see/feel the 2D!!
I will be at Skyloft this year but would definitely travel to see work of art!
Carve Diem

MarkN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Toronto, Ontario

Post by MarkN » Tuesday 13 December 2005, 20:35

Hi drzone! I'm in Toronto, Ontario and usually board at Mt St. Louis Moonstone (MSLM for short). I went boarding there last weekend, but have not taken out the Swoard yet -- I am waiting for the wide runs to open and for my new edge tools to arrive so I can give the Swoard first class edge sharpening before it hits the snow.

Hey, why just take a look at the artwork? You can take it for a test ride if we meet up. Pleased to let you take it for spin. Where are you located? Near Skyloft?

Cheers,
Mark
EC Dreamer

drzone
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drzone » Tuesday 13 December 2005, 20:54

Hi Mark
I live in Ajax. I think we may have met at SES 2 years ago.
I've tried my brother's 3D before, however I heard the finish of the 2D is even better. He will be visiting, not with his Swoard however, and we will try to get to Moonstone while he is here (Dec22-26). We'll be on the WildDucks more than likely (he is too scared to bring the Swoard on the plane).
Carve Diem

erik
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by erik » Friday 16 December 2005, 21:23

Say hello to Théreize! My Swoard 168 H #013 was born about a month agowhen I received her.

A week ago I've tried her in Neustift for 4 days and I must say: she rides like she looks: marvellous!!!
If the turns don't work it's the rider who fails and absolutely not the board!

I'm sure that Théreize will push me more and more to the edge every time I ride her. Looking forward to Zinal to watch and learn.

P.S. I was surprized to see that there were a lot of hardstuffboarders (most of them with f2's) in Neustift. Would there really be a revival going on?

P, J and N: Keep up the good work!

mrtko
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mrtko » Thursday 22 December 2005, 23:11

I got my 175H-019 earlier than expected (i was prepared for January; thanks to Frank and Nils - who took my order) and couldn´t wait to test it. So i had a half day off today and was already in the morning on the slope for only 3 hours. (My former board was a Speedster - i hated it until yesterday already, but do hate it even more since today)

Here are my first impressions on the SWOARD:
Before start i was a little bit afraid how much adapting will be necessary to get down the hill first time - it was .... very easy.
The board gives a fantastic feeling. However it gives immediatly the feeling (and not only that) that the edge will never break out. Whithout any special efforts i took better carves than in my last turns on that F2 .... (did i already mention that i hate my Speedster)
There were also some small ice parts on the slope - don´t care about, you don´t feel it --- the train goes over it!!

So summary: gigantic edge hold, easy to carve, good feedback, physical samll efforts, ---> that´s the board for me!

Certainly i´m far away from that what P&J are doing, but i can imagine that the board can guide the way to a kind of carving like that.

My time on the slope was much,much too short, as well as my personal fitness state is far away from that what is in general necessary !!!

How ever the board gave already in that short time the really good personal satisfaction to me what i expected
..... and be honest that´s what is all about!!

Thanks to
Pat, Jac and Nils
(and Frank)
Swoard 2D 175 H - 019
F2 Speedster RS 172
Proflex Step-In, Suzuka

Guy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Guy » Monday 2 January 2006, 23:54

Just got my new Swoard last Thursday. Took the day off work today to try it out for the first time.

There was a lot of soft snow today (doesn't stop snowing at the moment), so I couldn't really make a good test on the Swoard. But I could tell enough that it's clearly built for EC - I was kind of dropping into my turns without particularly trying - it's like it pulls you in toward the laid position, which is interesting. Maybe it was just the effect of the soft snow, and also that I'm not yet used to the performance of the board. Whatever, this board can really carve - it holds a carve way beyond what I can achieve on my F2 RS. It's a very exciting feeling. The more I think about it, the more I think it will be amazing on hardpack. Can't wait to get a good hardpack day now to really try it out.

The board is everything I expected it to be. I can feel the big potential it has. It's really an outstanding performer and a joy to ride. Now the only possible limitation I have that can prevent me from ECing is me!

Anyhow, this is my first impression of the board after riding it for a day in not so perfect conditions.

Thanks to Jacques, Patrice, Nils, and Frank for producing such a great board!

Guy
Swoard Extremecarver 168S 347, F2 Race Titanium bail bindings, Raichle SB 324 boots

Frankie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Stoked

Post by Frankie » Wednesday 15 February 2006, 4:48

My new 168 m is a amazing board .I finaly got it dialed with new BTS springs on my af600 raichle's and found the right angles . Last session every thing came together with perfect groom runs to test board.I've ridden three new boards this season Virus Stealth,158 Madd, and new Swoard.Different styles for each board made it a challange but also fun.
The Swoard took five solid days to dial in the sweet spots with amazing edge hold.Thanks Nils,Jacques,Patrice ,Frank
Frank Morales
TD2s ,Virus Black Death 173,Stealth 172,burners all sizes,Madds,rossi undertaker,4807 o-sin 178 swoard 168m