Swoard new generation: impressions

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Swoard new generation: impressions

Post by fivat » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 7:23

This week the SWOARD "new generation" (Extremecarver 2D) is delivered to the first lucky carvers! :D We are waiting for their comments about the splendid finishing of the boards!

Concerning the performances on snow, I give here quickly some of my impressions.

One month ago I have tested the model 168 M (flex medium) on the famous glacier of Saas Fee (Switzerland). Ideally, along to my weight, I would have needed a board H (flex hard), but I had not yet received it from the factory.

General appreciation: this 2D model is fabulous! It is in the continuation of the first generation of Swoard, even easier! 8)

By "easier" I mean that the board gives the feeling to turn more easily, on normal turns and when one asks it (despite the width). On extremecarving it has an incredible grip (even more incredible than the first generation). :bravo: Jacques has felt the same thing on the 175, and Nils has even strongly progressed on the backside!

At high speed however I felt slightly less stable than with the preceding generation, but this is due to my too high weight for the flex M. I was used to ride with a 168 H before. Actually the performances of this board "a bit too soft" for my specifications surprise me! The ATX Matrix fulfils its function: board soft in longitudinal flex, but with a perfect distribution of torsional stiffness. A real rail, the ultimate tool for carving curves or laying down turns. Congratulations Jacques and Frank! If the H model would not exist, I would use the M with no hesitation.

Winter, hurry up! :xmas:

Patrice Fivat

Photos of the SWOARD Extremecarver 2D
(from the page SWOARD Home):
Image Image

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Swoard 2D

Post by István » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 11:48

Patrice,

This weekend we'll be riding in Sölden with Francesco (Silber), we'll have his old Swoard, my Virus EC model and a couple of the new 2Ds will also be there for testing as I have learnt from Nils and Frank.

I suppose the piste conditions will not be perfect for EC, but I hope we'll have the chance to compare the 3 hotrods. :twisted:

Cheers,

István

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Swoard 2D

Post by fivat » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 12:37

István wrote:I suppose the piste conditions will not be perfect for EC
Bad conditions are better for testing. A board has not merit to be good on good snow ;-)

Have fun at Sölden, and keep us informed!

Patrice Fivat

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Swoard 2D

Post by skywalker » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 12:58

fivat wrote:Have fun at Sölden, and keep us informed!
Hello Patrice,

I promise to do both ;)
(there are some more boards to be compared...)

skywalker
free extreme carving

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Sölden

Post by István » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 14:17

Tom,

R U coming to Sölden?

Cheers mate,

István

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Sölden

Post by skywalker » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 15:31

István wrote:Tom,

R U coming to Sölden?

Cheers mate
I guess so... ;)

c u there

skywalker
free extreme carving

Silber

Post by Silber » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 18:11

Cool, then...may the power be with u.....hope u are as good with grappa as u are on the slopes.
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Sölden vs. Grappa

Post by István » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 18:53

Tom will not have the chance to drink grappa with us in the evenings, he is leaving Saturday evening as I have just learnt from him. Therefore we are left to prove ourselves in snowboarding - and knowing Tom he'll be a damn tough opponent :wink:

Wish we had a chance to drink first.... :lol:

Francesco, the other issue is that Austria is not the home of good quality grappa - what they are good at is more like Jagermeister, Schnaps, Bier, etc. Not if I had a problem with drinking any of these..... 8)

All the best,

István

Dave
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dave » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 19:51

We just did the payment for our swoards.
I say swoards, because I bought 3 of them :lol:

No, not for me alone, but also for my dad and brother.
We are the one and only "swoard-family" :wink:

The first time we can stand on our swoards in 26 december :cry:
But after that, I will post my review.

Greetigs, Dave
Party hard, party wise
Swoard2005 168H 004, Northwave nexus grey

tomster
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tomster » Tuesday 25 October 2005, 21:49

I just did the payment on my one !!!

Mayby i will be in Sölden too, but with my old CHOC... :?

GREATZ from Southtyrol !!! 8)
Ride free!

bowen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bowen » Wednesday 26 October 2005, 12:50

ok if everybody dose, than here my outing :D

i also did my payment`and i hope that the board will arrive soon as possible 8O

on weekend i wll force my extremecarvingtechnigue*g* on my old f2 and in every turn, that turns into a funny highsider :lol: i wll think on the swoard :roll:

greeeeetz
der bowen
...sunny days ar the best!

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

ALmost

Post by nils » Wednesday 26 October 2005, 14:20

Ok german folks, we are about to solve the german VAT problem grrr
such a hassle when paperwork comes in the way.
You can of course keep ordering ;)
We will tell you exactly how to proceed when it is settled. In the meantime, and for the hurry people, you can have the board shipped to a neighbour country to one of your relatives ( who will pay the local VAT ) and receive the board there...
Tschüss
Nils

bowen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bowen » Monday 31 October 2005, 19:43

...back from sölden :lol:

i was on kaunertal this weekend, but when schatten caled me that he tested the swoard in sölden we drove as fast es we can to the tiefenbachferner*g*

8:30 and there it is, ready to test! 175M

ok 10-30 min. cue up at the lift but than, there it goes.

first i was affraid i cant drift this carvingmaschine between all the people, but it was no problem! with a good technik(hochentlastung und vorrotation) you can drift the board very easy!

then get speed and let's bring this thing on the edge.... 8O what the hell is going on?!?! 8O :twisted: i never ever felt an grip like this!!!
the swoard pushes me to the ground at it self.
you don't have to worry whether the edge holds or not. you only have to caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarve!!!!!

i can only say, that the swoard is exactly what i am looking for and you did a great job with this board!

i cant wait to do my first carve's on my own swoard on a good and empty slope!

i have better test in my language in our snowboardforum over here:
http://www.snowboard-community.de/index ... topic=7603

so keep on rocking and i will write more impressions when i have my own swoard

greeetz
der bowen

bowen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bowen » Tuesday 1 November 2005, 13:05

hi,

patrice give me a hint that my link dosent work. it is because the area "testberichte" is protected for members.

you can registrate easy like in this forum, than you go to testberichte/swoard...

http://snowboard-community.de

we are happy on every new alpinemember*g*

if you dont want to registrate, here is wath i wrote in our forum:
>am wochenende habe ich in sölden den neuen swoard extremecarver 2D getestet

vorweg: !!! DIESES BOARD IST DER ABSOLUTE OBERHAMMER !!!

testboard:
Swoard Extremecarver 2D 175M

bindung:
leider habe ich an dem tag noch einige boards gefahren und die bindung nicht mehr recht im sinn. es war aber eine günstigere bindung im stil einer titanflex mit eineigen kuststoffteilen mehr.
die bindung war also eher felxiebel.

schuh:
deeluxe suzuka 04/06 größe 46
vorlageeinstellung permanent offen.

winkel und stance:
ca. 47°/55° - 52mm

testbedingungen:
eine mischung aus purem eis, losegfahrenem schnee mit "etwas" weicheren eisstellen darunter, harter piste und später auch sulzigen stellen.
am anfang waren die pisten auch noch relativ eben, gegen ende dann leicht buckelig.
nicht gerade perfekte bedingungen für ec, aber durchaus terain auf das dieses brett unter anderem abgestimmt sein soll.
leider megaviel betrieb.

rider:
100kg, 180cm
forgeschrittener carver mit ordentlichen ec-ambitionen

der test:
ok also rauf mit dem board auf das ich so lange gespannt war!

leider war ja megaviel betrieb und alleine beim anschnallen sind die leute schon um einen herumgewuselt, dass alles zu spät war.
natürlich hatte ich bei dieser carvingwaffe die befürchtung, dass sie nur kraftanstrengend und unberechenbar durch die ersten buckel, das eis und die leute am anschnallhügel zu manövrieren wäre.
aber da hatte ich mich erstmal schwer getäuscht! fährt man das teil sauber mit hochentlastung und vorrotation, dann läst es sich präziese und ohne flattern oder bocken um die kleinsten kurven driften. auch weite driftschwünge sind ohne probleme möglich.

aber wir sind ja zu zum carven hier*g*
nun war leider nicht viel platz und man musste die richtige stelle und den richtigen zeitpunkt abwarten um einen schwung einzuleiten.
da ist die lücke! brett auf die kannte! und was dann abgeht ist der absolute terror !!!
zack! die kannte steckt und ab gehts wie mit der eisenbahn!!! ich habe gut daran getan abzuwarten bis platz war. das board beschleunigt dich in einem affenzahn quer über den hügel und du musst eigentlich kaum noch einen gedanken daran verschwenden ob die kante hält oder nicht.

das board will meiner meinung nach auch mit der technik seiner erbauer gefahren werden!
so geil wie die kante auch auf anhieb greift, ist das sicher eine eigenschaft, die manchen anderen boarder gar nicht taugt.
fährt man das board mit exakt der technik die auch von den swoard-jungs vertreten wird, dann ist es wirklich ein megageiles fahrgefühl.
für mich persönlich ist es genau das was ich gesucht habe und sicher auch der schlüssel dazu eines tages mal einen sauberen backsidelaydown a la jaque und patrice zu fahren.

diese eigenschaften muss man mögen!
ich kann mir gut vorstellen, dass einige fahrer mit dieser eigenschaft vielleicht nicht so ganz klar kommen(einen kenne ich sogar*g*)
das board ist hier wenig kompromissbereit. 100% kante oder 100% drift - dazwischen ist wenig bis gar nichts.
genau das macht aber für mich das extremecarven möglich! schwung einleiten, zack auf die kante und ab geht die lucy. im schwung kann man sich dann voll auf den druckaufbau und die schräglage konzentrieren und so kommt man besser runter auf die piste.
es stellt sich hier auch wieder das gefühl ein, dass schon einige im forum bei der ec-technik beschrieben haben, dass man sich ein wenig als pasagier des boardes fühlt.
manche mögen das nicht, ich finde es affengeil!!! peng, rein in die kante und dann crust man rum um die kurve*g*

die qualtität ist jeder kritik erhaben!
es ist ja bekannt, dass das board bei virus gefertig wird. dementsprechend ist die quali. es gibt auf den ersten blick nichts auszusetzen und das finish entspricht absolut dem eins upperclass-snowboards.

fazit:
man sollte sich sicher sein was man will, bevor man dieses board kauft!

man bekommt sicher... geile ec-turns bis an die grenzen der physik, kurzschwünge die einen rauspoppen das man meint man fliegt, einen geraudeauslauf wie auf schienen und ein board, dass man auch als "normaler" fortgeschrittener einen ganzen tag ohne ermüdungserscheinungen mal lässig in der gruppe durchs gebiet fahren kann.

mit was man sich mit diesem board vielleicht ein bisserl härter tut ... den schwung im turn zu vareieren, in kleinen engen radien fahren, mischschwünge mit carving und driftanteil, die kante langsam greifen lassen ... natürlich kann man das auch alles mit dem board, aber es gibt bestimmt welche mit denen das leichter geht.

...für mich und meine ansprüche ist es das geilste board, dass ich je gefahren bin!

servus
der bowen

eaglefly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by eaglefly » Tuesday 1 November 2005, 16:52

translate to english for people who don't understand this language please :lol:
对不起 我不会说德语
:P
* * * "Carve diem, that's it " * * *