Binding issue on Dual

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Binding issue on Dual

Post by slayer » Friday 26 February 2021, 1:28

Hi all,
Just something I wanted to check with Dual riders. I have a Dual 175 with Burton Driver-X boots size 12/13 (can't remember) and Union bindings (not sure they make the model, but they are similar to Altas FC: https://www.blue-tomato.com/en-CH/produ ... OEALw_wcB. Due to boot size, the angles are 40+ degrees.

I find, when I do a heel-side turn, the shape of the highback does not fully support the movement, or rather, it does not fully support my calf in the leaning back motion. I noticed it more this week, as due to child Sportferien logistics, my wife loaded the wrong board into the car! The board was my first "failed carving experiment", Burton Custom-X but because of the special 2-screw Burton binding system, it cannot be set to anything past 30 degrees! So boot-overhang-city. Anyway I rode it, and while I couldn't get low down due to overhang, initiating heel-side turns was much more comfortable.

Is there a remedy for this at higher angles? Are certain bindings better for these angles than others? Am I doing something wrong? Problem with my boots?

Sorry if this has been discussed already - I did trawl for answers, but didn't find anything on this specific issue.
cheers,
Slayer
Soft: Dual 175, Burton Driver-X, Flux CV
Hard: Gen4 175M, UPZ RC10, F2 Race Titanium

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Binding issue on Dual

Post by fivat » Friday 26 February 2021, 8:30

It's difficult to understand your explanation. ;-) Do you have a picture, if this helps?
Have you tried to change the canting of the spoiler? Probably you need more.

We often recommend to use same brand of bindings and boots, so they fit better. But well, this is something people (myself included) rarely do.

If I remember well, Christophe F. who often comes to the the Swoard Demo Tour, has Union bindings too and a Dual2 175 like you. Maybe he could help.

Patrice Fivat

joel
Administrator
Administrator

Post by joel » Saturday 27 February 2021, 7:23

Hello... in fact your problem can be from multiples sources...

Did you check the centering of the boots?
What's the width of your Burton board?
Is your boot well adapted to the form of Union bindings?
EC PRO2 161M-168S / Gen5 161S / Dual2-163 / Stoke 154S / EC12

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by slayer » Saturday 27 February 2021, 17:02

fivat wrote:
Friday 26 February 2021, 8:30
It's difficult to understand your explanation. ;-) Do you have a picture, if this helps?
I will try and take some pictures later on today to show how things are.. maybe a diagram! 8O lol
Soft: Dual 175, Burton Driver-X, Flux CV
Hard: Gen4 175M, UPZ RC10, F2 Race Titanium