Soft boots

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Rod Sherwood
Rank 0
Rank 0

Soft boots

Post by Rod Sherwood » Wednesday 6 November 2002, 20:53

g'day,

I met jacques today at a secret swiss spot and was intrigued enough to log on and watch the movie preview...looks insane. I snowboard in softboots using a standard fat 164. Though i get as low frontside its impossible to get close to what you guys are doing backside. I started skiing this year and discovered why everyone whinges about their ski boots so...
Do the boards work with softboots?
If they do, you guys are onto something great...it'll turn it into the closest thing going to a match for carving great waves on the ocean shore, all we'll be missing are the tubes!
Rod

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Thursday 7 November 2002, 8:25

Hi Rod,

Everybody is free to try these boards with soft boots.
But extremecarving provide very high edge pressure, that no soft boot is able to stand.

Riding with soft boots will leed to poor performance in EC, but it will perhaps allow you to get the surfing sensations.

Jacques

NateW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NateW » Saturday 16 November 2002, 5:50

Unless you're lucky enough to have feet shaped exactly like those of Mr Salomon or Mr Raichle or Mr Head, the fit you get from a customized boot is nothing like the fit you get from an off-the-shelf boot. Even semi-uncomfortable new boots get FAR more comfortable if you put in some time and money. With custom footbeds and Thermoflex or other heat-molded liners (or even injection-molded liners), my hard boots are much more comfortable than any soft setup I have tried.

Footbeds cost me about $100 and the liners added a bit to the cost of the boots but, in my opinion, they were both worth every penny. With soft boots I always got pressure points from the straps and never had the support I wanted. With hard boots pressure points are gone and the control is wonderful. I hate the expense, but I love the results. With the whole inside of the boot molded to fit your very own feet, your feet get very happy!

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Saturday 16 November 2002, 16:30

For comfort and carving style riding on softies, i would recommend step-ins, No straps, no hassle, just step and go. Ive bees sooo happy with my Clickers since last 5 years now