Dual 2 edges tuning?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

BOLETUS73
Rank 3
Rank 3

Dual 2 edges tuning?

Post by BOLETUS73 » Tuesday 5 March 2019, 13:37

Hi guys,
i'm waiting a used dual2 163... two years ago i try the dual2 in Pila and i like it a lot!
the question is... someone know the edge angle of the test boards from swoard? very fine tuned!

Usually all my soft boards have -0.5 on the base and 89 on the side… when i recieve the board i go to a ski shop to have a perfect plan on the base… then i like to do myself a good work on the edges!

thanks!!

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dual 2 edges tuning?

Post by Swoard team » Tuesday 5 March 2019, 15:54

Hello Fabio,

In the FAQ there is a maintenance guide. Download this PDF:
Swoard maintenance guide.pdf

You can read the angles which we recommend.
And as explained, the edges must be sharpened from tip to tail, for the entire edge length. The board is properly designed and no artifice is needed: no need to de-tune (unsharpen) the ends of nose and tail.

In the future we will add this PDF to the main Website.

The Swoard team

BOLETUS73
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BOLETUS73 » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 13:23

Hi Swoard team... thanks fo the reply... :wink:
i already think about not unsharp the end of edges... the board is almost no camber... more flat than camber... catching edges it's more difficult than a board with strong camber.

the board arrive this morning at my home... isn't in great shape, the guy say not more than 5 or 6 ride days….. my apo from 2008 is in a better shape… :? :?
Ok i have to sand it... a soft sand because it's already porly sanded.... but i've a question...
I check flatness of the base with a flat ruler... the base is flat under the inserts and between them.. going to the tips there is some convexity.. it's normal?

thanks a lot!!

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 14:34

Yes, the modern freeride/freestyle boards have small positive camber, or they are totally flat 8O , or they have inverted camber, or they have other exotic marketing shapes. For the Dual2 we keep small positive camber as this is what works the best for carving and still some pop. This is also more forgiving than big camber.
For some brands, fashion went to total inverted camber (like banana). Now it's funny to see they come back to positive camber, or hybrid shapes but with positive camber in the middle.

You should have asked the seller to show you close pictures before buying as second hand. Anyway, by sanding down it will look like new. Read the Maintenance Guide about this: do not structure the base, make it as smooth as possible. Note that the base is now NHS, the best of the market.

For your last question, send us pictures to orders@swoard.com for a precise reply. Note that a base can't never be totally flat on 26cm wide and 168cm long! It's normal because of construction (materials, thicknesses, ...) which is not uniform: a snowboard is not a door. It also depends on temperature. On skis, the effect is less visible because of narrowness.

The Swoard team

BOLETUS73
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BOLETUS73 » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 22:46

Thanks for the reply... 😉😉