Another new guy to swoard

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Notabipede
Rank 0
Rank 0

Another new guy to swoard

Post by Notabipede » Wednesday 26 December 2018, 19:09

My old factory prime being retired after so many years, I'm looking for a new board and especially one made for extreme carving. So I guess I'm at the correct place :wink:

like many of you, I'm a dinosaur of snowboarding. I'm 1.80m,75 kg and use a pair of head stratos size 45 EU. My style of riding is sportive, but not as powerful as It used to be in my 20s. I'm not looking for speed, I'm looking for beautiful long curve, done with style.

Which model would you recommend me? Is there any difference in the EC 2019 gen 5 and the 2017 gen 5. Is there any new model coming soon? Which size should I take? Thanks!!!!

christian61
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Another new guy to swoard

Post by christian61 » Friday 28 December 2018, 17:05

Welcome, Notabipede!

For beautiful long curves, Swoard is indeed the best choice.
Compared to old boards like your factory prime, today's Swoard EC boards are at the same time easier to ride and much better suited for extremecarving.
Since the Gen5 and the Pro2 are still quite new, I don't think there will be a new model anytime soon.
The best way to choose the size that fits you best would be to come to one of the Swoard Demo Tour events and test before buying.

Good carves!
Christian
SWOARD EXTREMECARVER GEN4 168s + 161m, Deeluxe 225 + ACSS

tali

Post by tali » Thursday 3 January 2019, 6:05

Notabipede wrote:
Wednesday 26 December 2018, 19:09
I'm 1.80m,75 kg and use a pair of head stratos size 45 EU. My style of riding is sportive, but not as powerful as It used to be in my 20s. I'm not looking for speed, I'm looking for beautiful long curve, done with style.
What is your foot size in mondo? Based on this, you would be choosing between a 168M and a 175S.

Notabipede
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Notabipede » Thursday 3 January 2019, 18:13

Thanks for your replies guys. So I went to a ski shop to have a 3D print of my feets (that was the first time I had such a thing and was curious to see what will come out of it). According to them, I'm a 28 to 28.5 mondo depending on the models... Thanks to tye swoard team in Courchevel / Val Thorens (thanks Joel and François) I have been able to test a 168M and a 175M (unfortunately, they didn't have a 175S). Although the flex is not in my weight range, I felt better on the 175M than on the 168M (I had no more leg power at the end of the day though). But I tested the 175M one day after the 168M and I'm wondering if it was not just a matter of the "new technique" now sinking more into my muscle memory. I'm a bit confused on the choice I need to make. My gut feeling is to go for the 175S as it would allow me to reduce even further my front angle (just a bit below 55)without having to think if I have a boot overhang. I will go to a shop and see if I can fit a pair of UPZ 28 mondo to my feet. Apparently Arnaud can fit this a 28 mondo on a 168M and Joel confirmed this to me. From other's experience, given the choice, would you go more to 168M or 175S if both board could suit you? By the way, thanks to all the swoard team. You guys have been amazing, very pro and very patient in advising me. That gives me such a confidence to buy something from your company. All the best

christian61
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by christian61 » Thursday 3 January 2019, 18:53

Sometimes longer is indeed better. :oops:
In my case it is: I'm 1.72m, 60kg, and I like my 168s much more than my 161m. Wider turns, better edge hold.
SWOARD EXTREMECARVER GEN4 168s + 161m, Deeluxe 225 + ACSS