Buy New SWOARD

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

hknz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Buy New SWOARD

Post by hknz » Friday 29 September 2017, 20:33

Hi Swoard Team & Everyone, greeting from Hong Kong!

My Details:
Height:- 167cm
Boots:- 24.5cm Head Stratos Pro (although my feet is 26.5cm :mrgreen: and quite wide)
Weight:- 69kg (target to cut down to 65kg in 3 months :badgrin: )
Ability:- 10 years in freeride snowboard. 1 years on hardboots. Able to tilt about 45degree to the slope using pull push technique.
Board:- old SG Race 162,non-metal, R=12m (i like its dampness) / Hot Blast 160, R=9m (too lively)
Stance:- 48-49cm
Angle:- Front 48-51, Back 48 (prefer less spray)
Slope:- Usually Very Soft groomed Powder Snow in Hokkaido, Japan. Sometimes go to the Alps

Buying New Swoard:
I would like to buy a SWOARD Extremecarver, 161H or 161 M, preferably a PRO version with titanial which better handle the uneven slope with extra damping. (am i correct?) I also plan to go to ski in the 3 valleys in 17-24 Feb 2018.

Questions:
(1) When will the board (161H/161M) be available?
(2) Can I test a 161 board(old model is ok) in Courchevel? (from the website, 161 is not available)
(3) Can I bought it in Courchevel or Geneva?
(4) Can i order online and send it to the Apartment in 3 valleys? Any tax refund for tourist?
(5) Can I order online with credit card and ship to Hong Kong? (Hong Kong is tax free)
(6) Which of the above, (3) (4) (5), is the cheapest (considering the tax and shipping cost)?

As i am quite new to EC, any other advice? Thank you! :pray2:

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Buy New SWOARD

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 30 September 2017, 18:03

Hello and welcome! :chinese:

The Pro (and the new Pro2) has excellent dampening, what is fantastic on ice or heterogeneous snow. On soft snow, what you often have in Hokkaido, it will cut (go through) all bumps with great stability. But the Gen4 (and the new Gen5) will do great job too, cutting and gripping amazingly. Thus we can recommend any of the two models, the Pro2 making the difference for your visits in the Alps.

About the flex, for your 69kg (soon 65kg), we would rather recommend the 161H because of the soft snow in Hokkaido. If you have hard snow or icy snow most days, we would recommend the 161M.

Answer to question (1) is: now. :D Precise answers to all your other precise questions have been sent by e-mail.
Cheers! 8)

The Swoard team

FrançoisB
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FrançoisB » Sunday 1 October 2017, 10:43

Hello Swoard Team !

Does your answer to question (1) mean that it is possible to order new Gen5 and Pro2 (Pro2 168M for me) from now ?

Best regards.
Swoard EC Pro2 168M #168002127
Swoard EC12
Swoard Red Line

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Sunday 1 October 2017, 12:39

All boards will be visible online at the end of October. For the people in a hurry, it's possible to order by e-mail. But please don't repeat this. ;-) :silenced: The more busy with the messages, the less time for the online update (with many things in back-office and logistics).

The Swoard team

hknz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hknz » Sunday 1 October 2017, 13:19

Thank you very much for your reply and detail information.

I have been reading the information/videos in your website regarding EC techniques, boots fit & modification... etc a thousand time. I believe i am able to achieve EC given adequate time to practice after properly lose some weight. In fact, i was able to do some front side EC turn occasionally when the slope is perfect and at the right steepness.

However, i believe i will be an EC beginner for quite a long time. Would 161M be easier for me to learn and progress than 161H?

FrançoisB
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FrançoisB » Sunday 1 October 2017, 14:09

Thank you for replying,

I'm so impatient to have my beautiful new board at home, but since I won't ride it before december at best, I'll wait till they are available on the website.

Best regards.
Swoard EC Pro2 168M #168002127
Swoard EC12
Swoard Red Line

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Sunday 1 October 2017, 15:47

hknz wrote:However, i believe i will be an EC beginner for quite a long time. Would 161M be easier for me to learn and progress than 161H?
Definitely! :bravo:

The Swoard team