New Extremecarver Gen5: preview

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

BJBusa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: New Extremecarver Gen5: preview

Post by BJBusa » Tuesday 21 March 2017, 21:54

Hey Pokkis

Well I wouldn't call it "xtreme angles" ....if your getting two hands and your hip down on the snow that puts the board at around 90 degrees vertical, (just look at the photo above the header for ECS 2017 (of Patrice?) at the top of this forum) which means your dragging the sidewall and the topsheet through the snow surface.

What I have noticed is that the edge of the topsheet and the side of my boots are getting dragged along and sctatched.

Just curious if anybody has thought of a way to protect the topsheet while still EC?

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 22 March 2017, 16:47

I have not noticed particular scratches due to EC on my boards. Only the skiers in the queues are a problem. Thus when it's crowded I remove my board, walk, and put it again right before taking the lift. ;-)

Patrice Fivat

BJBusa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BJBusa » Tuesday 4 April 2017, 1:28

Hey Patrice,

The Gen 5 175H showed up while I was away and I just took it out of the very Professional packaging :pray2: ...and it is Awesome!! :clap2:
I'm going to cover the beautiful topsheet with a 3M brand car film protection to keep the lift line groomets from scratching it up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/142272996442?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

We have 1 meter of new snow coming this weekend so not sure as to when I'll get to put it to the test....but it looks FAST just sitting still!!! :bravo:
Might this be the 1st Gen5 shipped to the states???

Thanks again
Barry